Polluting Democracy

sparky

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2008
paradise
Who are polluters' best friends in Congress? - War Room - Salon.com

A Greenpeace report released Monday names 15 Congress members who have prevented the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) from improving pollution standards in coal-fired power plants.

The report, "Polluting Democracy: Coal Plays Dirty on the Hill," reveals that these Congress members are also among the biggest recipients of funding from the fossil fuel industry on the Hill.

nice.....

The coal and oil barons are a menace to society.

They've been so for the last century.

A Greenpeace report released Monday names 15 Congress members who have prevented the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) from improving pollution standards in coal-fired power plants.

The report, "Polluting Democracy: Coal Plays Dirty on the Hill," reveals that these Congress members are also among the biggest recipients of funding from the fossil fuel industry on the Hill.

nice.....

I wonder if the people who wrote that article are intelligent enough to understand the difference between a democracy and a constitiutional republic :D

Just saying, anytime someone calls us a "Democracy" I immediately think "they are going off of what others say"

nice.....

I wonder if the people who wrote that article are intelligent enough to understand the difference between a democracy and a constitiutional republic :D

Just saying, anytime someone calls us a "Democracy" I immediately think "they are going off of what others say"

..and when talks about "Democracy v. Republic", I hear "angels dancing on a pin head". Much ado about nothing, except that it sounds good. This is really about the influence of money and the way it corrupts the system. Just another example of why we should be going to public financing of elections. Today it's the coal companies. Tomorrow it's Georrge Soros. Is there really a difference?

nice.....

..and when talks about "Democracy v. Republic", I hear "angels dancing on a pin head". Much ado about nothing, except that it sounds good. This is really about the influence of money and the way it corrupts the system. Just another example of why we should be going to public financing of elections. Today it's the coal companies. Tomorrow it's Georrge Soros. Is there really a difference?

Much to do about nothing? There is a GIANT difference between a constitutional republic and a democracy but that is an off topic discussion in this thread...i was just commenting on the author of the article, by calling us a democracy, sounds like they dont comprehend america very well.

In a democracy majority rules, in a constitutional republic the minority is represented and protected.

Much to do about nothing? There is a GIANT difference between a constitutional republic and a democracy but that is an off topic discussion in this thread...i was just commenting on the author of the article, by calling us a democracy, sounds like they dont comprehend america very well.

In a democracy majority rules, in a constitutional republic the minority is represented and protected.

There is no giant difference. That's just a talking point. They're practically identical compared to absolute monarchies or dictatorships of the left or right. What you call a constitutional republic could also be called a constitutional democracy. It's a distinction that's only important in the minds of those who prefer to win by wordplaay, rather than logic.

Wind and solar is almost useless in its ability to generate a large quantity of power.

There is no giant difference. That's just a talking point. They're practically identical compared to absolute monarchies or dictatorships of the left or right. What you call a constitutional republic could also be called a constitutional democracy. It's a distinction that's only important in the minds of those who prefer to win by wordplaay, rather than logic.

in either scenario no entity should rise to hold power over the majority , which is the point of the thread, are we are a nation of laws, or special interests?

Sorry to bust your bubble s0n............but clean coal is the future of energy, not gay windmills or solar fail.

Clean coal? How is coal made clean?

BBC NEWS | UK | England | The Great Smog of London

Gasification systems WC

they reburn over 700F , with minimal carbon footprint, and an add-on system is usually cheaper than a normal household furnace

yanno, i 've wired almost every man made manifestion of heating system in the last 1/4 century, lotta good ideas out there the average Joe never hears about, or is demonized by sorts the same sorts who would catagorically generalize it all as the green machine

myself i burn wood for heat/hot water, we stay comfy @ temps of -20 , and do it on less than 3 cords a year

that's less CO than most annual tailpipe pollution btw

and it's not that i'm all that 'green' , i'm just cheap & lazy

still, my point in posting would be that the majority of Americans dubious representation, and would most likely wear Exxon underwear all day if the shill representation we DO have told them to

~S~

Wind and solar is almost useless in its ability to generate a large quantity of power.

According to those of two digit IQs.

At 35 Percent of New Capacity, Wind Moves From Alternative to Mainstream : Greentech Media

The U.S. wind energy industry saw 35 percent average annual growth over the last five years and accounted for 35 percent of new U.S. power capacity in that period, according to the 2010 U.S. Wind Industry Annual Market Report. Its only rival in growth and new capacity has been natural gas. So either natural gas is alternative energy -- or wind isn’t.

The report from the American Wind Energy Association (AWEA) describes a power source that has become integral in the U.S. energy supply -- one that AWEA CEO Denise Bode calls “not a silver bullet, but part of the silver buckshot that is the answer to America’s energy needs.”

Wind equated to fifteen percent of Iowa's electricity in 2010, twelve percent of Minnesota’s, and ten percent of South Dakota’s. It stands to reason that states with such brutal winters and sultry summers would not depend on an 'alternative' form of energy. By the end of 2010, wind was 2.3 percent of U.S. electricity, up from 1.8 percent a year ago.

in either scenario no entity should rise to hold power over the majority , which is the point of the thread, are we are a nation of laws, or special interests?

At present, of special interests.

We rely on fossil fuel producing countries to the tune of about a billion dollars a day in interest on the US national debt because stupid democrats have prevented the US from being independent of foreign oil. Obama kissed Hugo Chavez's ring and promised Brazil oil (Soros affiliate) that the US will be your best costomer while he restricted the US from drilling in the same oil producing sites. We ought to commend the courageous congress people for promoting the US production of fossil fuel but everything is ass-backwards to phony radical enviro nuts and their ignorant lock-step leftie cousins.

We use 24% of the world's oil, and have 3% of the world's reserves. Sure, we are going to drill our way out of this. As soon as Santa gives us some more oil.

nice.....

Everytime I see an article like this I have to laugh....

The writer of the article is attacking congress persons (or potential ones) by claiming they are as the title claims "Who are polluters' best friends in Congress?". In so doing it points itself out as being a political bullying job by Greenpeace.

Greenpeace does some politically driven strong arming to point out that some politicians are susceptible to political strong arming from their contributors... Thats just utterly brilliant...LOL

Too funny!

Forum List

Back