Pollen counts

Si modo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fairfax, Virginia
Over the weekend, here, the Weather.com ranked this area's pollen count as "high" rather than "very high".

We just had our dark-colored cars washed on Friday and they are coated in yellow pollen this morning.

:wtf:

I would hate to see what a "very high" pollen count would bring...........

I never had any seasonal allergies until moving to the Mid-Atlantic region of the country. Not fun.

Achoo.

Over the weekend, here, the Weather.com ranked this area's pollen count as "high" rather than "very high".

We just had our dark-colored cars washed on Friday and they are coated in yellow pollen this morning.

I never had any seasonal allergies until moving to the Mid-Atlantic region of the country. Not fun.

Achoo.

Pine tree pollen sucks my eyes are itchy just reading your post.

Achoo.

Pine tree pollen sucks my eyes are itchy just reading your post.
Right! On Saturday night we were out with some friends and I noticed that my vision was sort of blurry - it was the pollen doing it.

I've been takeing claritin since early February to keep my allergies under control,high pollen sucks.

Achoo.

What you might not know is that decades of urban landscaping sexism are partly to blame for high pollen counts. That's tree-based, not people-based, sexism. Some common types of trees used in urban landscaping are dioecious, meaning individual trees are either male or female.

When it comes to dioecious plants, cities tend to prefer planting males to females because females drop fruit or seeds that the city then needs to clean up. The most notorious female offenders are gingko trees, whose undesirable smelly fruit plague residents with “strong notes of unwashed feet and Diaper Genie, with noticeable hints of spoiled butter.”

But male dioecious trees don't drop seeds or fruit. Instead, in the spring, they release pollen.

March 2012?
Why start another thread on th same subject. I always first look to see if anyone is already talking about the subject. Who cares what year it was started?

Don’t you find what I said interesting? Cities planted male trees because they didn’t want to pick up fruit. So instead we have more pollen.

Forum List

Back