POLL: Where will Wall Street Invest Their Tax-Cut??

Where will Wall Street invest their tax cuts...the US or overseas?

• Investors will invest their tax-cuts in the US to create US jobs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Investors will invest their tax-cuts overseas to maximize profits

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Investors will bank their tax cuts, the global economy is too shaky

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Bush created jobs faster than they moved to China.

But not fast enough to keep up with the growing labor force, so can it. Bush's economy was anemic and slowly dying of starvation despite the biggest bout of monetarist stimulus in history to that point.

Yeah despite the 9/11 attacks that sent us into a tailspin...but yet the unemployment rate stayed at or below 5 percent...fighting a war on two fronts...

Thanks for playing.

actually unemployment stayed below 6.25% but only because the real estate boom lured several million folks out of the labor force.

You=epic fail, as usual.

Their taxes will go up unless the "Bush Tax Cut" is extended. They are passing a tax cut.
The Clinton/Newt budget had a small $150b surplus that would pay down the $5T Debt. Now the Bush-Obama Debt is projected to be $22-Trillion.

They are borrowing money from China to give tax cuts to the wealthy, who will most likely invest the tax cut in Asia. Many are saying that the US will end up like Greece-Ireland-Italy-Portugal-etc and the economy will collapse because we won't be able to pay for all the money we borrowed.

Who's WE Lone Ranger?

But not fast enough to keep up with the growing labor force, so can it. Bush's economy was anemic and slowly dying of starvation despite the biggest bout of monetarist stimulus in history to that point.

This is why unemployment reached a high during the recession of about 6.5% and declined from there. Inflation was low. Job creation was high. Wages rising. GDP increasing.
I love how people try to rewrite history like no one else was there.

Keeping the tax level the same is not a tax cut.

The only tax that is decreasing is the payroll tax which is on a year holiday. That is going to workers. Not Wall Street.

And teh sad thing is you can never convince them of this. In the liberal mind the fact that taxes aren't going up is equivalent to a tax cut. We can repeat that over and over, we can demonstrate it, we can draw analogies but they can never get it through their little walnut brains that no one is getting a tax cut.

Hey, they're Dimocrats. Don't even waste your time.

Keeping the tax level the same is not a tax cut.

The only tax that is decreasing is the payroll tax which is on a year holiday. That is going to workers. Not Wall Street.

And teh sad thing is you can never convince them of this. In the liberal mind the fact that taxes aren't going up is equivalent to a tax cut. We can repeat that over and over, we can demonstrate it, we can draw analogies but they can never get it through their little walnut brains that no one is getting a tax cut.

The worst part is these people actually vote.

The worst part is these people actually vote.

And PROCREATE!!!!!!

Of course they will use their tax break to create jobs....in China. It just makes good business sense. These people don't care (for the most part) about helping Americans get a job, they are concerned with increasing their profits and their own net worth. That's why they will make the best business decision possible and send those coveted jobs overseas.

Of course they will use their tax break to create jobs....in China. It just makes good business sense. These people don't care (for the most part) about helping Americans get a job, they are concerned with increasing their profits and their own net worth. That's why they will make the best business decision possible and send those coveted jobs overseas.

And that's wrong, how? Businesses exist to make profits for their owners. Get used to it.

And that's wrong, how? Businesses exist to make profits for their owners. Get used to it.

It's not wrong, I never said it was. Learn to read what people write instead of making things up. But don't preach that the wealthy need these tax breaks so that they can create jobs for Americans. That's just not going to happen.

Invest?

Sure..they will invest in some fine hooch..some nice cigars..maybe a shiny new toy or two.

Then they will park the rest in some sort of tax shelter.

If you were threatened daily with taxes, regulations, fines and criminal prosecution you might too. That's assuming you ever had more than two nickels to rub together.

:lol:

I pay more in taxes then you make in a decade.

It is a truth universally acknowledged that people who brag about what they make on an anonymous message board are overcompensating for a shortcoming.

I'd much rather deal with somebody whose objective is his personal profit than somebody whose objective is power over and control of my life.

I'd much rather deal with somebody whose objective is his personal profit than somebody whose objective is power over and control of my life.

Newsflash: Money is power.

It's not wrong, I never said it was. Learn to read what people write instead of making things up. But don't preach that the wealthy need these tax breaks so that they can create jobs for Americans. That's just not going to happen.

Nah, you didnt say it was wrong. You thought it was great, just what you're in favor of, right?
Please.

Nah, you didnt say it was wrong. You thought it was great, just what you're in favor of, right?
Please.

I am not in favor of extending the tax cuts for the wealthy because i know it won't do anything. I'd rather it be extended for just the middle class, or no one at all.

Please.

I am not in favor of extending the tax cuts for the wealthy because i know it won't do anything. I'd rather it be extended for just the middle class, or no one at all.
I like fried chicken.

Yeah despite the 9/11 attacks that sent us into a tailspin...but yet the unemployment rate stayed at or below 5 percent...fighting a war on two fronts...

Thanks for playing.

actually unemployment stayed below 6.25% but only because the real estate boom lured several million folks out of the labor force.

You=epic fail, as usual.

One can say the same thing about the dotcom bubble in the Clinton era.

And you are neglecting why we had a real estate boom to begin with - unsurprisingly.

This is why unemployment reached a high during the recession of about 6.5% and declined from there. Inflation was low. Job creation was high. Wages rising. GDP increasing.
I love how people try to rewrite history like no one else was there.

Speaking of rewriting history,,,,,,, from 2001 through 2007 incomes were flat, flat flat.
http://www.stateofworkingamerica.org/tabfig/2008/01/01.jpg

And the unemployment numbers during the Bush years don't show the real story. As the link below proves, the Labor Force Participation numbers declined, in other words people gave up and stopped looking for jobs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_Labor_Participation_Rate.gif

Last edited:
The "flat income" myth is just that. There were many people entering the labor force so the average was flat. But anyone with a job saw income increase, through overtime etc. Had to be. All those people qualified on their overtime income, thus facilitating the housing boom.

Forum List

Back