POLL: What should the punishment be for protesting football players?

How should NFL players be punished?

• No punishment

Votes: 44 46.3%
  • Fine each time they do it

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Fine & Suspension

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • You're Fired!

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Mango. Mango everywhere.

Votes: 8 8.4%

• Total voters
Okay, yes, another thread on this, sue me.

Let's get specific on what should not be done to players who kneel or sit or dance or sleep or do yoga during the national anthem. Please pick and explain.

My answer was "No punishment". If the team is okay with it, so am I.
My option would be to bench them.
And then the rest of the players would refuse to play. then you would forfeit.

It's up to the owners. But they'd better hope they don't piss to many fans off.

I don't understand why anyone is surprised by the protests. That's all black people can be counted on to do.

Over the decades I've known loads of black people but I have never found them to be at all patriotic.

Forcing them to stand during the Anthem would be wrong. You can't force them to love this country.

Alienating your customers is not the best business strategy.
The problem for the owners is, whatever their public pronouncements may be, who knows what they REALLY think of all this. They have to find a way to walk the fine line between the paying fans and pissing off their players and the press.

I don't see much of a win for them here.
No, there is an easy solution. The players have every right to, on their own time, advocate for a just and color-blind society, and the fans can enjoy a game free from the agenda of offending people to get a voice heard.

No one of any common sense is advocating that the players be punished by the NFL. They are saying, however; that they want a well-earned respect by those who fought and died for this country actually respected. That is done by honoring the flag and anthem. If you cannot respect our country and the people who sacrificed for it, you are undeserving of our respect and our hard earned money.

The fans to have a right to a voice and a protest. By boycotting the NFL, and specifically, the merchandise of those who disrespect those who fought and sacrificed for us, we can send a clear message. Leave your agenda in the locker room or on the street where it belongs.
Sure, the consumer is free to react as they please. No doubt the owners know this and are weighing it as we speak.

My guess is that they're hoping this will all blow over asap.

Okay, yes, another thread on this, sue me. Let's get specific on what should not be done to players who kneel or sit or dance or sleep or do yoga during the national anthem. Please pick and explain. My answer was "No punishment". If the team is okay with it, so am I..
"If the team is okay with it, so am I." I disagree. If the US Constitution is okay with it, so am I.
Yep, and I wish we could get the kids on college campuses to feel the same way about protecting the freedom of expression of others too, don't you?

Loss of all income from playing football.

My boycott has begun, I urge all patriotic Americans to join me.

The NFL needs to be divided......a league for blacks and a league for whites....as it now exists it is an unlevel playing field...the not quite human blacks were bred to be more muscular than whites, stronger bones, thicker skulls etc. Kinda like whites trying to compete with gorrillas in a wrestling match. It would also reduce the over-crowded stadiums....how many whites would be interested in watching Negroes play football if there was a all white league? Negroes always cause problems no matter where they go or what they do....that is why Nature secluded them in Africa and we went against the laws of nature by bringing the sub species over here.
ok.

Loss of all income from playing football.

My boycott has begun, I urge all patriotic Americans to join me.

The NFL needs to be divided......a league for blacks and a league for whites....as it now exists it is an unlevel playing field...the not quite human blacks were bred to be more muscular than whites, stronger bones, thicker skulls etc. Kinda like whites trying to compete with gorrillas in a wrestling match. It would also reduce the over-crowded stadiums....how many whites would be interested in watching Negroes play football if there was a all white league? Negroes always cause problems no matter where they go or what they do....that is why Nature secluded them in Africa and we went against the laws of nature by bringing the sub species over here.
ok.

Yes....Yes....Yes

I don't understand why anyone is surprised by the protests. That's all black people can be counted on to do.

Over the decades I've known loads of black people but I have never found them to be at all patriotic.

Forcing them to stand during the Anthem would be wrong. You can't force them to love this country.

Exactly. "Forcing" is the key word here. It's dictated thought control to coerce, however you do it whether peer pressure, "fines", "you're fired" etc, to force behavior. That's a complete sham. I will not live in Shamistan.

Let's get specific on what should not be done to players who kneel or sit or dance or sleep or do yoga during the national anthem. Please pick and explain.

1. Being called a prissy little wanker
2. Having some of their jerseys burned by some of our more impulsive fellow fans
3. Mangos
4. Again being called a prissy little wanker.

Boycott the NFL.
The NFL nation anthem protesters are racist cretins.

actually they are patriots standing up against a corrupt government.:thup: ithe best reason to boycott the NFL is these asshole owners leaving their cities that supported them through thick and thin for shiny new stadiums for dollars.that is WHY people should boycott the corrupt NFL.i have turned to college football as a result. santa clara and the chargers in LA are getting half empty stadiums paying for leaving their loyal fans.:up: my cap off to those fans for not following them wherever they go.:thup::beer::clap:

It is up to the NFL to enforce its own rules, so whatever is required to stop the bullshit disrespect to our flag and country is the goal.

I dont care how they do it.

Punishment for exercising one's 1st Amendment rights? This IS America, is it not?
They're not being paid to act like snowflakes, they're being paid to play football. The 1st Amendment also gives their employers the right to say "YOUR FIRED".

Actually, there are no rules in the NFL that say anything about what the players are supposed to be doing during the national anthem. Matter of fact, they didn't start having the players on the field for the anthem until 2009, and it was marketing to make them look more "patriotic".

There's the answer! Just go back to the old routine of keeping the players in the locker room until after the anthem.

It is up to the NFL to enforce its own rules, so whatever is required to stop the bullshit disrespect to our flag and country is the goal.

I dont care how they do it.

And this is the fifth time now that you bring up "disrespecting a flag" (and in the other thread, "spitting" on it) --- and yet you're still incapable of demonstrating where this is happening. Or where this "flag" is.

And the crickets continue....

Punishment for exercising one's 1st Amendment rights? This IS America, is it not?
They're not being paid to act like snowflakes, they're being paid to play football. The 1st Amendment also gives their employers the right to say "YOUR FIRED".

They're not being paid to act like marionettes either. And the national anthem is not in any way "football". Period.

Forum List

Back