POLL: What should the punishment be for protesting football players?

How should NFL players be punished?

• No punishment

Votes: 44 46.3%
  • Fine each time they do it

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Fine & Suspension

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • You're Fired!

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Mango. Mango everywhere.

Votes: 8 8.4%

• Total voters
First Amendment rights of free speech don't apply at a work place and on private property. Employees represent their company and if they say or do things that reflect badly on their employer, that company has the right to fire them.
Haven't seen any employers complaining yet.

Mac1958 I live about 5 miles from an owner who's got skin in the game.

NFL owner: Kneeling players may be FIRED on Tuesday

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is rumored to have delivered a stern warning to his NFL team, and the message is big if it’s true: If you kneel during the national anthem on Monday Night Football, be prepared to find a new job on Tuesday.

Rumors swirled around social media Monday that everyone on “America’s Team” — from players to coaches to team personnel — received notice that if anyone disrespects America, they’re fired. No if, ands, or buts.

But is it real?

NFL owner: Kneeling players may be FIRED on Tuesday - The Horn News

What his article said after the cited passage:

>> However, other sources say the comments are just wishful thinking. Fact-checking sites like Snopes claims Jones never expressly stated that he’d fire protesting players.

Since the controversy on Sunday, Jones has been notably silent to the press while other owners — including friends of President Donald Trump — have expressed support for their protesting players. <<​

The passage above makes two different mutually-exclusive references: one, to kneeling during the NA, and two, to "disprespecting America". Two different things.

My guess is this is a rumor started by the lockstep-bots to put pressure on Jerry Jones. The fact that he never made such a threat becomes one of these worthless "facts" that are now subservient to "feelings".

Because you don't sell facts -- you sell feelings.

Besides which, if Jerry Jones actually did this he'd have to lawyer up, bigly.

I can't imagine either a team or the league would fire a guy over this. First, the player's union would take them to court. But probably more importantly, one hell of a lot of players wouldn't want to play for them or be drafted by them. The team would be toxic for the most part.

It's very possible that the NFL might fine or suspend, though, given enough motivation. That's obviously not there at this point, but that could change.

On what basis could they 'fine or suspend' if there's no violation of its rules or player agreements?

Ask Jerry Jones.

I just did. Your neighbor I am led to understand.

Here's what he said:

"

Okay, yes, another thread on this, sue me.

Let's get specific on what should not be done to players who kneel or sit or dance or sleep or do yoga during the national anthem. Please pick and explain.

My answer was "No punishment". If the team is okay with it, so am I.

NONE they should be commended for taking a stance against our corrupt government and making a statement against them having the guts to take a stand against them.:banana::thup:

Just saw on the tube, a NFL player is arrested every seven days.

Perhaps they should be concentrating on different matters and cease being thugs
And perhaps trump should concentrate more on the presidency and stop being an AH??
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::udaman: yeah he SHOULD be worried about cleaning up the corruption in our government over something petty as this.that is WHY NFL players are doing this since our fucking corrupt politicians wont do anything in washington about all the corruption going on there.:rolleyes:

First Amendment rights of free speech don't apply at a work place and on private property. Employees represent their company and if they say or do things that reflect badly on their employer, that company has the right to fire them.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is rumored to have delivered a stern warning to his NFL team, and the message is big if it’s true: If you kneel during the national anthem on Monday Night Football, be prepared to find a new job on Tuesday.

Rumors swirled around social media Monday that everyone on “America’s Team” — from players to coaches to team personnel — received notice that if anyone disrespects America, they’re fired. No if, ands, or buts.

But is it real?

they had this same one for KC on the first game of the season against NE. number 22 sat and nothing happened. it's fake.

Jerry Jones is one tough boss and if he said it he means it.

Let's get specific on what should not be done to players who kneel or sit or dance or sleep or do yoga during the national anthem. Please pick and explain.

The fact that it's even being debated is shameful. Trump is such a ****.

None.

If people don't like what they are doing, they can stop giving the NFL their money.

Which a fair amount of people seem to be doing.

Alienating your customers is not the best business strategy.

Alienating your customers is not the best business strategy.
The problem for the owners is, whatever their public pronouncements may be, who knows what they REALLY think of all this. They have to find a way to walk the fine line between the paying fans and pissing off their players and the press.

I don't see much of a win for them here.

Punishment for exercising one's 1st Amendment rights? This IS America, is it not?
There is a time and a place for everything.
Football was one of my escapes from politics.
Not anymore. The players are on the clock the minute they put on the uniform and must abide by company rules. If the players want to protest there are other venues for that, So the owners should get together and create rules of conduct.

Punishment for exercising one's 1st Amendment rights? This IS America, is it not?
Not anymore. The players are on the clock the minute they put on the uniform and must abide by company rules. If the players want to protest there are other venues for that, So the owners should get together and create rules of conduct.
The owners can dream up any rules they like. Unless the NFL Player's Union agrees to them, it's pointless.

The owners can dream up any rules they like. Unless the NFL Player's Union agrees to them, it's pointless.
and the players union is not going to upset their members. The go bythe rule don't anger the negroes

and the players union is not going to upset their members. The go bythe rule don't anger the negroes
Oh boy, somebody's still smarting from getting cur from the 8th grade football team...did you not try croquet? What about corn hole? Surely there is a professional white trash cornhole league out there somewhere.

But is it real?

Well, real or not, plenty of people will be tuning in for Monday Night Football, at least the first five minutes. Nice rumor. If not true, wonder who started it? Hmmmmmm.......

I tune in to watch football, not protests or singers. I just tune in a few minutes after gametime and avoid the loyalty oaths and faux patriotism as well as the protests. Not sure the reason they have to start a sporting event with the National anthem anyway. Now that Trump had to weigh in on it, the protests have grown from a paltry few to entire teams. The PC crowd is giving the protesters all the attention they so desperately want.

But is it real?

Well, real or not, plenty of people will be tuning in for Monday Night Football, at least the first five minutes. Nice rumor. If not true, wonder who started it? Hmmmmmm.......
Ever seen 50 or 60 football players retire at the same time?

The Vikings chose as a team to stand.
images (5).jpg
Class and respect. I respect them a little more now.
Freedom also comes with respect for others. There is a time and place for disagreements. These guys set a REAL example.

Forum List

Back