Poll: What form of government do we want?

What form of national government do we want in the US?

• A constitutionally limited republic, utilizing representational democracy

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • A constitutionally limited republic, utilizing representational democracy

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A constitutionally limited republic, ruled by an elite aristocracy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unlimited, direct democracy

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
I want the government the Founders gave us which is a constitutionally limited Republic staffed with citizen representatives rather than career politicians and that provides the common defense, promotes the general welfare meaning everybody's welfare and not individuals or select groups, and secures our rights and then leaves us alone to form whatever sort of society we wish to have.

After looking at what Republicans helped the Iraqi's put together.

And what Conservatives did in Uganda,

Add the voter suppression.

And what they want to do to women's rights, education, and the gays, probably whatever is the opposite of what they want is what I want.

After looking at what Republicans helped the Iraqi's put together.

And what Conservatives did in Uganda,

Add the voter suppression.

And what they want to do to women's rights, education, and the gays, probably whatever is the opposite of what they want is what I want.

So, if they wanted food, you'd choose to starve?

I want the government the Founders gave us…
We currently have the government the Founders ‘gave us,’ neither you nor anyone on the right has provided evidence to the contrary.
…which is a constitutionally limited Republic staffed with citizen representatives rather than career politicians…
Cite a source documenting that the Framers were opposed to ‘career politicians.’ Otherwise we now have a Constitutional Republic whose Founding Document limits government.

…and that provides the common defense, promotes the general welfare meaning everybody's welfare and not individuals or select groups, and secures our rights and then leaves us alone to form whatever sort of society we wish to have.

And, again, we currently have that now as well.

All that is necessary to fix the federal government is a constitutional amendment making it illegal for anybody in federal elective office, any federal appointee, or any federal employee to be able to dispense the people's money in ANY form of benefit or charity or otherwise increase their power, prestige, influence, or personal fortune. They should not be able to vote themselves raises and they should fund their own health and retirement plans out of their own pockets.

If we would have the will to do that, we would again have the government that the Founders gave us.

Forum List

Back