Poll: What do you think?

Should Mick give the rooms up to Bush?

• Yes

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters
My first response is, who cares? lets just get another Hotel. Still, it is alittle rude.

My first response is, who cares? lets just get another Hotel. Still, it is alittle rude.
A little rude for who? For Mick not to give it up, or for the President to assume he can just get any room he wants anywhere any time?

The ClayTaurus said:
A little rude for who? For Mick not to give it up, or for the President to assume he can just get any room he wants anywhere any time?

He is the President. It has been common practice to give uo your room for him in the past. This is why it was assumed that jagger would give up the room. However, he should find other lodging. It is only fair.

Otherwise, :gives:

The ClayTaurus said:

Mick. you give respect to the President regardless who is in offices.

Mick. you give respect to the President regardless who is in offices.
But Mick isn't even an American, is he? And since when is vacating a plush european resort an indication of respect. Does the man just get to trump anyone's plans anywhere in the world because he's the President? Who else gets that priviledge?

It would be a nice gesture of respect if he did do it. But the rooms are rightfully Jagger's.

I would think that once Jagger made the situation public, the point would be moot. I doubt the Secret Service want the President's intended lodging to be revealed well before he checks in.

The ClayTaurus said:
But Mick isn't even an American, is he? And since when is vacating a plush european resort an indication of respect. Does the man just get to trump anyone's plans anywhere in the world because he's the President? Who else gets that priviledge?

Just the way Mick went about doing it was rude.

Im the only one who gets the privilege to trump the President for a room;) Guess thats the benefits of being the secret ruler of the world.

How is the "way he went about it" rude? The rooms were already booked, and paid for - period. It should never have been put up for discussion, and he should never have been asked to give them up.

Clearly Bush should've just cried "presidental war powers!" or something... its worked pretty well for him so far.

Maybe a little imminent domain perhaps?

Just the way Mick went about doing it was rude.

But if Bush had been the one to "leak" the info to the Sun it would've been ok right?

And thus concludes my topical stand-up for the night. Don't forget to tip your waitress! :)

insein said:
President Bush has to defer to his elders. Didnt his pappy teach him anything. Treat the elderly with respect. ;)

:rotflmao: :crutch:

Forum List

Back