Poll: Unions Weaken America

I disagree with this. The Unions do NOT make America weaker. Unions have huge problems and cause huge problems. But the right of workers to collectively bargain does not weak America in any way.

It's hard to negotiate with labor unions. They know they hold a powerful hand. The businesses either compromise or pay the price.

horse poop, i am in a union and when our contract is up its a game of give and take, ...
I guessed that much.

... some people just dont want the working people to have a say in their work.
Having a say in your work doesn't require a union, a union boss, union dues, union rules or any of that union shit. Many a successful open shop exists where workers are treated more than fairly and stand against the formation of unions because their working conditions are quite satisfactory without the intervention of union fat cats and paid agitators.

BULLSHIT...the statistics prove you wrong...

Right-to-work laws are statutes enforced in twenty-two U.S. states, mostly in the southern or western U.S., allowed under provisions of the Taft-Hartley Act, which prohibit agreements between trade unions and employers making membership or payment of union dues or "fees" a condition of employment, either before or after hiring.
wiki

Right to Work for Less

Right to work laws lower wages for everyone. The average worker in a right to work state makes about $5,333 a year less than workers in other states ($35,500 compared with $30,167). Weekly wages are $72 greater in free-bargaining states than in right to work states ($621 versus $549). Working families in states without right to work laws have higher wages and benefit from healthier tax bases that improve their quality of life.

Right to work endangers safety and health standards that protect workers on the job by weakening unions that help to ensure worker safety by fighting for tougher safety rules. According to the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics, the rate of workplace deaths is 51 percent higher in states with right to work, where unions can’t speak up on behalf of workers.
Statistics - U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Forum List

Back