Poll trends since Obama 'stepped up' on Debt ceiling issue

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
*shrugs* it appears that his recent week of press conferences and involvement in the debt. ceiling process may not be helping and yes the unemployment report which came out on July 8th may not have helped either.

If he were 'winning' the debate I would expect a higher approval or at the very least flat numbers...(?)

The Gallup disapproval at -8 has not been this high since mid April.

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Obama Approval Index History - Rasmussen Reports™

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Attachments

• $poll july.JPG
    $poll july.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
I think a big issue for Obama is many people compare Obama to Bush as a way to say "Look who is worse." What people don't seem to realize if that in order to make Obama not seem so bad, let me say that again... *In order to not make Obama seem so bad* they have to compare him to a president (Bush) that even Republicans didn't like.

I really do wonder if Obama has what it takes to win in the GE.

If things continue then come November would be the time for a Democrat to challenge him.

I have no doubt that "Billary" is waiting in the wings

Obama popularity goin' down...
:eusa_eh:
Obama approval rating dips below 40%
Aug 14, 2011 - President Obama hit a dubious milestone today, sinking below a 40% approval rating in the Gallup daily tracking poll.
Only 39% of respondents approve of Obama's job performance in today's Gallup survey, which calculates a three-day rolling average. Another 54% disapprove of Obama's performance. Gallup says the results "are based on telephone interviews with approximately 1,500 national adults"; the margin of error is plus or minus 3 percentage points. Today's poll comes on the eve of Obama's bus trip that will take him to Minnesota, Iowa and Illinois in the coming days.

From the Los Angeles Times:

Obama's approval rating has hovered in the 40% range for much of 2011, peaking at 53% in the weeks following the death of Osama bin Laden. But Americans' view of his job performance continued to tick downward as the debt-ceiling debate heated up. By the time he signed legislation averting a federal default, he was mired in the low-40% range.

The polling setback comes as the Republican race to unseat him has kicked into overdrive. The past week has been dominated by the activity in Iowa ahead of the Ames Straw Poll, and the entrance of a new contender in Texas Gov. Rick Perry. The candidates have routinely assailed Obama's leadership in appealing to conservative activists who dominate this stage of the nominating contest. Obama is set to launch something of a counteroffensive on Monday with a three-day bus tour of the Midwest, a trip that includes two stops in Iowa. The White House denied that the itinerary was politically motivated, however.

Source

The only people i ever heard that led from behind were the college kids in Nam called lieutenants.

And they wernt successful either, peas in a pod if you ask me.

Trends continue like this for two more weeks, we will start seeing Downfall videos on it.

well, here we are;)

from Real Clear today August 23-

RCP Average 8/2 - 8/22 -- 43.3 50.8 -7.5

Gallup 8/20 - 8/22 1500 A 38 54 -16
Rasmussen Reports 8/20 - 8/22 1500 LV 44 56 -12
the chart at rthe end of the verbiage shows the downturn and the timing...

June 14-17 he was at 47-47 the next 6 weeks were the Thunderdome weeks, the debt. ceiling debates, and Obamas 4 or was it 5 appearances on national Television….I have gone back and googled, looking for any other events of consequence that may have had a factor in this, but lets face it, that was the donnybrook of donnybrooks.

It’s funny, the media tells us that though Obama didn’t exactly cover himself with glory, the TP and reps etc. are to blame for a bad deal and the S&P downgrade, people are mad…some random thoughts are;

……. the media is in a bubble, the media is trying to provide cover fire, it doesn’t matter who is to blame, even if the reps are to blame obama is not unscathed, in fact, this may have been a turning point that puts him under 40 and settles him in the 30's:eusa_eh:

....what got me about that polling from gallup is his gallup negatives…and looking back at gallups negatives, 6 was the high since the election, since the debt deal its fallen and stayed at 12-14-16.

Rasmussen the ' right wing hate' outfit had him at what Gallup had him inching up tothis level or near ahead of gallup, and now even gallup has surpassed them by 4 points…*shrugs*.............................when Maureen Dowd quotes a dem operative she has spoken with as having alluded to Obama as Carter, something has shifted, though people ‘personally’ like him, that ‘like’ paradigm may have has shifted from I like him and am pulling for him too, I like him. But…..well, he aint exactly making it work……..:doubt:

Attachments

• $gallup 8 2011.JPG
    $gallup 8 2011.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
(According to the professor, Obama's digging his own grave. Taking the debt deal, then running off to his scheduled $35,800 per couple birthday bash, then off to MVY is leaving a sour taste in more than a few mouths.)

"I was right about taking the debt deal

Posted by William A. Jacobson Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 1:50pm

I was right when I said Republicans should take the debt deal, as bad as it was, because otherwise any negative consequences would provide Obama an excuse for his own failures.

This decline is not written in stone, and surely Team Obama (Axelplouffe and MSM) will keep trying to blame everyone else. But taking the deal kept the nation focused on the shortcomings of Obama’s policies by not precipitating a crisis which only would have served as a diversion.

Oddly enough, freeing Obama up run off to fundraisers and lavish vacations in August while the rest of the nation suffered has solidified the (correct) perception of an administration out of touch and out of control."

» I was right about taking the debt deal - Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion

*shrugs* it appears that his recent week of press conferences and involvement in the debt. ceiling process may not be helping and yes the unemployment report which came out on July 8th may not have helped either.

If he were 'winning' the debate I would expect a higher approval or at the very least flat numbers...(?)

All of the right-wing polls have the race that close do they?

Oh well, better get Fox to ramp up the lies ahead of 2012.

Poll: Americans blame Bush for bad economy by wide margin | The Raw Story

By a wide margin, more Americans blame former President George W. Bush for the national economic outlook than they do President Barack Obama, according to a new poll.

Numbers out of Quinnipiac University Thursday morning indicated that 54 percent of Americans say Bush is to blame for exploding the federal deficit and swelling unemployment, whereas just 27 percent believe it is President Obama's fault.

Those figures are bad news for Republicans, who are hoping to hang the nation's poor economic state around the president to defeat him in 2012.

:eek:

By a wide margin, more Americans blame former President George W. Bush for the national economic outlook than they do President Barack Obama, according to a new poll.

Numbers out of Quinnipiac University Thursday morning indicated that 54 percent of Americans say Bush is to blame for exploding the federal deficit and swelling unemployment, whereas just 27 percent believe it is President Obama's fault.

Those figures are bad news for Republicans, who are hoping to hang the nation's poor economic state around the president to defeat him in 2012.

I'm guessing that ANY poll that shows Obama laging is a right wing poll to you.

Too bad he isn't gonna be running against Bush in 2012 :rofl: He played that card already.

I'm guessing that ANY poll that shows Obama laging is a right wing poll to you.

Too bad he isn't gonna be running against Bush in 2012 :rofl: He played that card already.

So you highlight the fact that it's Americans who blame Bush (and by proxy Republicans) and then claim Obama's used that card.

Try again, American's know who to blame regardless of how loud and often Fox Noise lies.

Forum List

Back