Poll : The Bail Out

Are you for or against the bail out bill?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
If you like, state the reasoning behind your position.

(That should say "against it" not is...typo....just pretend it says "it" :) )

Last edited:
I'm against it. I think something else could be done to alleviate the financial crisis. What that is, I don't know, but this is stupidity. Oh, and I believe the plan Boner coughed up yesterday is just as stupid.

I'm against it. I say we let the companies fail, and we go back to a time when credit wasn't rampant. We shouldn't be fixing a credit crisis by aiding and abetting more credit risk.

It's time we learned the hard way how to live fiscally responible lives. If that means scarce credit, then so be it.

Credit is not the be all end all of existence in this country.

The last people we should let commit 3/4 of a trillion dollars of taxpayer money is a lame duck president with a 20% approval rating and a congress that is facing re-election so soon.

If anything is to be done, it should be done by McCain or Obama and the 111th congress next January.

When the sales man says "sign now or the deal collapses", it is time to walk away and consider options.

-Joe

I'm with the Republicans, Loan them the money and make them pay it back. No bailout.

(That should say "against it" not is...typo....just pretend it says "it" :) )

It's a scam. Just look at how Bush lied to us in 2003 about Iraq and the other day he gave the exact same speech. The Daily Show played each speech side by side and it was almost the exact same speech. Lie to us, scare us and tell us we have to give them what they want RIGHT AWAY!!!

Bush talking about Saddam 2003

America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof -- the smoking gun -- that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud. There is no easy or risk-free course of action. Some have argued we should wait -- and that's an option. In my view, it's the riskiest of all options, because the longer we wait, the stronger and bolder Saddam Hussein will become. We could wait and hope that Saddam does not give weapons to terrorists, or develop a nuclear weapon to blackmail the world. But I'm convinced that is a hope against all evidence. Some worry that a change of leadership in Iraq could create instability and make the situation worse. The situation could hardly get worse, for world security and for the people of Iraq. The lives of Iraqi citizens would improve dramatically if Saddam Hussein were no longer in power, just as the lives of Afghanistan's citizens improved after the Taliban.

Later this week, the United States Congress will vote on this matter. I have asked Congress to authorize the use of America's military, if it proves necessary, to enforce U.N. Security Council demands. Approving this resolution does not mean that military action is imminent or unavoidable.

Now Bush today talking about the $700 billion bailout:

WASHINGTON -- President Bush said Wednesday that lawmakers risk a cascade of wiped-out retirement savings, rising home foreclosures, lost jobs and closed businesses if they fail to act on a massive financial rescue plan. "Our entire economy is in danger," he said.

"Without immediate action by Congress, American could slip into a financial panic and a distressing scenario would unfold," Bush said in a 12-minute prime-time address delivered from the White House East Room that he hoped would help rescue his tough-sell bailout package. "Ultimately, our country could experience a long and painful recession."

He lied then so who in their right mind would believe him today?

Of course Wallstreet might crash the economy on purpose to show us if we don't give them the $700 billion, so that's why we must take this country back. They should not have this much power!!!

I'm with the Republicans, Loan them the money and make them pay it back. No bailout.
The plan they presented was for we, the people to fund an insurance company to pay off their debts when they fail. And to give banks a moratorium on paying taxes. The end result of their bill is the same. Us = screwed, Banks = sucking off of us.

I am completely against giving a stamp of approval on "irresponsibility" in the form of a "bailout". One, where we simply put up a large pool of money with not one single connection at the expense of the taxpayer, to "bailout" poor and completely mismanaged companies, individuals, or anyone for that matter. If however, the government wants to loan them the money with "collateral" i.e. their jets , theie buildings, their massive amouts of amounts of money that are offshore then I would not have too much of a problem with that as long as it's paid back. I think though the focus if this is completely misdirected anyway, we are focusing on Wall Street, when the remedy for bad business practice is the local Bankruptcy court and should be here too. If they wanted to do something then what they should focus on, is the massive amount of home inventory that is on the market, by focusing that money towards getting rid of that inventory and freeing up the housing market and letting the bad bussinesses die and tightnening up regulations on lending, then I would not have much a problem with that, however a big blank check to simply "bailout" everyone is not the answer.

To my provincial thinking this "crisis" reminds me of a tiff between spouses.

"You give it to me, or I'm leaving"

No.

"Fine, I'm getting my coat. I'm out of here."

Ok.

"I mean it, if I walk out that door, I'm not coming back."

Fine.

"Last chance, no kidding, it's over after this."

It would seem that we are successfully staving of a collapse just by talking about a bail out. Strange crisis.

Last edited:
I'm against it!

With 700 billion $$$ - the governement could open an entire new fiancial instutation .... if that was what we wanted to do ..... and have our very own Freddie Mac and Fanny Mae.

It all boils down to drama by Bush/McCain and their cronnies .... hell if this was the thing to do .... why didn't they start talking about it a long time ago before it all started falling down?

:eusa_hand: A smack on the wrist of anyone - teaches them nothing. And is going to end up costing we tax payers more than we could even begin to imagine.

Democrats and Republicans are with Bush on this one. According to them, they need to pass this bill without approval of the American people. If Wall Street wants it, they get it. If Americans don't want it, they don't listen.

Forum List

Back