Poll: Support For Tea Party At An All-time Low

According to the poll, at our peak, only 38% liked us. Yet we seemed to do alright ... Poles mean nothing, NY-9 should have proved that

It really does not matter who liked you.

All that mattered was that you sent some pretty good people to congress who really shook things up.

Keep up the good work !!!

Except that the TP is associated with the GOP. So, as the TP loses popularity, the GOP will as well (at least the far-right GOP). And it shows. According to the poll, Dems are more popular than both the TP and the GOP.

Well damn, I guess the TP and Pubs are just completely screwed ... And here I thought we did so well during the elections ... Dang it, back to the drawing boards

/sarcasm

Look, the TP is made up mostly of Republicans. The GOP co-opted the TP from the beginning, and the TP went along with it. If you go into a voting booth planning on voting for the "Tea Party candidate", are you voting Republican or Democrat? Face it, the TP is merely the far-right wing of the GOP. They cannot be separated.

Look, the TP is made up mostly of Republicans. The GOP co-opted the TP from the beginning, and the TP went along with it. If you go into a voting booth planning on voting for the "Tea Party candidate", are you voting Republican or Democrat? Face it, the TP is merely the far-right wing of the GOP. They cannot be separated.

if we are nothing but republicans, how do you explain us voting against the republicans and with the democrats on the house FEMA bill?

if we are nothing but republicans, how do you explain us voting against the republicans and with the democrats on the house FEMA bill?

FACT: All Tea Party congressmen are Republicans. Are you seriously denying that? And just because the TP Republicans voted against the establishment Republicans doesn't mean that the TP Republicans are with Democrats. Democrats voted against the bill because the GOP wanted to offset disaster relief with cuts elsewhere. As far as I know, the only reason that the TP voted against the budget bill was because they wanted MORE cuts. They're on opposite sides of the coin.

I will give you that there is (in most cases) an R after most of our canditates of choice. But to say that we are simply the right wing of one party or another is wrong. We disagree strongly on fiscal issues (I think even you can agree to that)

Fiscal issues encompass just about everything in our current government situation. (you can probably also agree with that)

If we disagree strongly on fiscal issues with the republican party, and those issues keep coming up time and again, and we are forced time and again to vote against the republicans (something I feel is VERY LIKELY)

How could you then say that we are ... Just the republican rightwing?

I will give you that there is (in most cases) an R after most of our canditates of choice. But to say that we are simply the right wing of one party or another is wrong. We disagree strongly on fiscal issues (I think even you can agree to that)

Fiscal issues encompass just about everything in our current government situation. (you can probably also agree with that)

If we disagree strongly on fiscal issues with the republican party, and those issues keep coming up time and again, and we are forced time and again to vote against the republicans (something I feel is VERY LIKELY)

How could you then say that we are ... Just the republican rightwing?

I'm not trying to be difficult. I appreciate your reasonable responses. I do agree that the TP is concerned mostly with fiscal issues, and that fiscal responsibility or fiscal conservatism is not exclusive to Republicans; but the fact of the matter is the TP is a wing of the Republican party. That is indisputable. When people vote for the TP, they are voting Republican. Perhaps, some disillusioned voters who voted for TP candidates will instead cast votes for moderate Republicans; but they (not all, but some) could just as easily vote against Republicans altogether. Just my opinion. But I think the dwindling popularity of the TP does lend some credence to that argument.

I the spirit of togetherness, I can understand where your coming from. I think our differences are in that (I believe) you are talking about the general elections, whereas I am speaking about political discource in the Congress and such.

I believe that in the general election, we will most certainly look and feel like republicans. But once in office, or voting record will be (at times) decidedly different then the non-tea party republicans

So ... I think that we are actually both correct

group hug?

:)

I the spirit of togetherness, I can understand where your coming from. I think our differences are in that (I believe) you are talking about the general elections, whereas I am speaking about political discource in the Congress and such.

I believe that in the general election, we will most certainly look and feel like republicans. But once in office, or voting record will be (at times) decidedly different then the non-tea party republicans

So ... I think that we are actually both correct

group hug?

:)

I can agree somewhat with that statement. However, voting differently than non-tea party Republicans isn't the same as voting with Democrats.

I can agree somewhat with that statement. However, voting differently than non-tea party Republicans isn't the same as voting with Democrats.

True. The reasons on why we would vote "with the Democrats" may not be to your liking, but then Washington does make for some strange bedfellows. They don't ask the reasons, they count the "Yes" and No"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back