Poll Suggests U.S. Troops Support McCain 3-1

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
This is what helped elect Bush in '04. Obama supporters ought to quit counting their chickens.

A poll by the Military Times newspaper group suggests that there is overwhelming support for John McCain among U.S. troops in every branch of the armed forces by a nearly 3-1 margin.

According to the poll, 68 percent of active-duty and retired servicemen and women support McCain, while 23 percent support Barack Obama. The numbers are nearly identical among officers and enlisted troops.

Click here to see the raw data.

The Military Times, which publishes the Army Times, Navy Times, Marine Corps Times and Air Force Times, polled 80,000 subscribers from Sept 22 to Sept. 29. The non-scientific survey gathered 4,300 respondents -- all of them registered and eligible to vote.

Poll Suggests U.S. Troops Support McCain 3-1 - FOXNews.com Elections

Coming from a vet.... all I can say is "Duh"... it is pretty obvious which candidate the military would/will support.. even if this is only a small sample poll and the numbers are not exact or accurate, I think it is a pretty safe assumption

Coming from a vet.... all I can say is "Duh"... it is pretty obvious which candidate the military would/will support.. even if this is only a small sample poll and the numbers are not exact or accurate, I think it is a pretty safe assumption

So much for "all polls mean jack shit", eh?

Oh, and this was an internet poll. It admits it is "non-scientific".

As stated... whether the poll is accurate in numbers or not... it is a pretty safe assumption as to which candidate soldiers are backing... we're not going to know exact numbers from things like this, but just talk to vets and current soldiers.. and know the kind of things soldiers support

nice try though

The military tends to be predominately conservative, always has been. It is the nature of the beast. However there are less then 2 million people in the military, I don't think they are that big a factor this election.

The military tends to be predominately conservative, always has been. It is the nature of the beast. However there are less then 2 million people in the military, I don't think they are that big a factor this election.

*shrug* fine, but your welcome to say that as an opinion, not as an opinion backed up by poll-related facts, since its not. Well not any poll that should be trusted anyway.

This is what helped elect Bush in '04. Obama supporters ought to quit counting their chickens.

Outright lie. These votes are the easiest to steal. From both ends too.

Republicans caged black soldiers.

The Republican party sends registered mail to addresses of registered voters. If the mail is returned as undeliverable - because, for example, the voter refuses to sign for it, the voter isn't present for delivery, is serving in Iraq or the voter is homeless - the party uses that fact to challenge the registration, arguing that because the voter could not be reached at the address, the registration is fraudulent.

Of course they can't be reached. They are serving our country in Iraq.

"poll-related facts"

LMAO

Try actually experiencing the military, knowing the culture, knowing the mentality...

take polls for the entertainment value that is all that they are....

The Military Times offered certain caveats for its poll, which was open only to its 80,000 subscribers. Responses were entirely voluntary and were not focused on a representative sample of the public, as scientific polls are. The troops polled were also somewhat older than average enlisted servicemembers and included more officers than is representative of the military as a whole.

*yawn*

The service members that I know are voting for Obama. This poll has all the validity of a fox news or matt drudge poll. whooptyfuckingdoo.

It couldn't possibly be that your own discomfort with the very real possibility of Obama as our President is the real reason you want liberals to cease and desist? Could it?

It couldn't possibly be that your own discomfort with the very real possibility of Obama as our President is the real reason you want liberals to cease and desist? Could it?

DING DING DING, congratulations, you just made the dumbass list. I'm married to a liberal. I love liberals, I just don't agree with them.

Welcome to the board.

"poll-related facts"

LMAO

Try actually experiencing the military, knowing the culture, knowing the mentality...

take polls for the entertainment value that is all that they are....

So the black military guys are voting for McCain? This should make you all very happy to know that not all blacks are voting for Obama.

:eusa_liar::cuckoo:

So the black military guys are voting for McCain? This should make you all very happy to know that not all blacks are voting for Obama.

:eusa_liar::cuckoo:

Well.. according to "polls" (and take them however you want)... only 90% of African Americans are supposedly voting for Obama....

There are conservative and Republican African Americans... naturally.... and with the culture of the military, you can easily conclude that regardless of race the support is still more behind McCain

do you think that in 2004 the military didn't realize that the Iraq war would turn into the war without end?

Do you think they didn't realize that some of them would be stop-lossed and prevented from leaving the military, putting themselves and their families under duress?

Do you think it's possible that this poll isn't really reflective of the military personnel's desire to get back to some semblance of a normal life?

Isn't it true that this poll was conducted amoung mostly retired military and not active duty military?

if you answered yes to one or more of these questions then you can agree this poll is crap.

Thanks and have a good day

Outright lie. These votes are the easiest to steal. From both ends too.

Republicans caged black soldiers.

The Republican party sends registered mail to addresses of registered voters. If the mail is returned as undeliverable - because, for example, the voter refuses to sign for it, the voter isn't present for delivery, is serving in Iraq or the voter is homeless - the party uses that fact to challenge the registration, arguing that because the voter could not be reached at the address, the registration is fraudulent.

Of course they can't be reached. They are serving our country in Iraq.

When I served overseas I had to register for absentee ballot to my APO address and not my home of record. Each troop has an address through the unit they are assigned to. The registration cards where provided when you do your inprocessing. It's not as complicated as you make it out to be. Everyone is given the opportunity to.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back