Poll suggests Obama is winning the tax debate over GOP

President Obama has hoisted the GOP by their own petard. The assholes are all for tax reductions for the wealthy, but totally against the same kind of breaks for the working man or woman. This is being demostrated with this dustup.

Rationally, we should be giving no tax breaks. And, rationally, we should be repairing the obvious in our whole system.

First, we do not need to spend more than the next fourteen nations combined on defense. Cut it down to where we are only spending as much as the next seven. More than adaquete for defense.

Next, establish a Universal Health Care System. Fund it from an increase in everyone's income taxes. That removes MediCare and MediAid from the budget.

For Social Security, make the individual's contribution apply to all income. Period. SS is funded for the foreseable future.

Add another tier to the tax structure under Clinton, above 1 million income, and additional 5%.

Or we could expand Medicare to cover everyone.

Where would you draw the lines?

At what income level do you raise taxes, and how much do you raise them?

Oh, and one other teenie tiny little question.... after you raise their taxes, do you keep on spending like an idiot with 1/4 of a brain?

The 5 members of the walmart family control 65 billion dollars. Thats more wealth then some 95 million Americans control.

Where do you draw the line at income disparity?

Because when it reaches a tipping point..there will be no need to draw the line.

And I am not one for revolution..but that's what happens, historically, when these conditions are present. People do not quietly lie down and die.

I seem to remember you bragging about owning a fancy apartment in Manhattan. All I have is a small home in rural Alabama. I think you should sell your apartment and give me half the proceeds. See how that works?
The Walton (not walmart) family invested their money and created a business that employs over 2 million people. It is the largest private sector employer in the world. You were welcomed to invest your money when they went public in 1970, but I doubt that were you now a billionaire, you would be all for spreading your assets around, via the government.

The Walton kids have however many billion dollars because there's 2 million people who get up and work their asses off for them every day.

The 5 members of the walmart family control 65 billion dollars. Thats more wealth then some 95 million Americans control.

Because when it reaches a tipping point..there will be no need to draw the line.

And I am not one for revolution..but that's what happens, historically, when these conditions are present. People do not quietly lie down and die.

I seem to remember you bragging about owning a fancy apartment in Manhattan. All I have is a small home in rural Alabama. I think you should sell your apartment and give me half the proceeds. See how that works?
The Walton (not walmart) family invested their money and created a business that employs over 2 million people. It is the largest private sector employer in the world. You were welcomed to invest your money when they went public in 1970, but I doubt that were you now a billionaire, you would be all for spreading your assets around, via the government.

The Walton kids have however many billion dollars because there's 2 million people who get up and work their asses off for them every day.

Is this the extent of your business genius? Has to be...............:badgrin:

Is this the extent of your business genius? Has to be...............:badgrin:

What is it you think the Waltons do all day? Do they build the stores? Manage cash flow? Stock the shelves? Do you think they're in charge of WalMart?

Okay, piss them off. They have their billions, They could close their stores and where would the jobs go?

Try and remain calm, dittoheads- we're only talking about a small rise in taxes for those who have doubled, tripled, or quadrupled their wealth under Voodoo, while everyone else and the country is slowly ruined. Brainwashing is painless?

92, I think. Good for them! They have 2 million employees that stock shelves and bag groceries. Are they worth as much as the family who risked their income and capital to build the corporation?
Most of the 2 million have barely marketable skills and would likely be paid less at McDonald's.
Are you willing to pay as much for a Hyundai as the Walton family pays for a Rolls? Of course not. Why should Walmart pay more than their labor is worth.

Just a side question: Why is Walmart bad and Apple good? Apple runs at a much higher profit margin than Walmart.

Walmart destroys downtowns, small business, and loves minimum wage drones with no health care, Apple loves education, good jobs, and progress....Kinda like greedy pubs and dupes vs. Dems.....

Walmart destroys downtowns, small business, and loves minimum wage drones with no health care, Apple loves education, good jobs, and progress....Kinda like greedy pubs and dupes vs. Dems.....

More stupidity from the king (of stupidity).

I hope you choose not to breed (or can't figure out how to).

Yup, the GOP and the Baggers are handing the Dems an early Christmas present. They are running out of time.

As a conservative, I am still scratching my head about the way the GOP conducts business.

They should go for the short term and really drag President Obama over the coals come March. I would work to their advantage.

If the economy starts to get better, they could frame the conversation in those terms.

People should be helped to understand that President Obama didn't help it recovered, but that it recovered in spite of him.

there it is folks..this thread and article says it all.

It's not about if this cut is good or right for the american people, it's all about the OBAMA winning SOMETHING..

Half the people probably don't even understand what is going on with this payroll tax cut..

Two Months????????????? Why????????? Only Two Months?????????:doubt: Obama and Reid are full of it...:eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar: Two Months????? Keep it you government pukes.:mad::mad::mad:...I can't plan by the month. Government we all know ......can't plan by the month. I guess the media can..... because besides the Dems They are the only folks I can see in favor of a TWO MONTH TAX EXTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!:cuckoo:

Okay, piss them off. They have their billions, They could close their stores and where would the jobs go?

Target?

92, I think. Good for them! They have 2 million employees that stock shelves and bag groceries. Are they worth as much as the family who risked their income and capital to build the corporation?
Most of the 2 million have barely marketable skills and would likely be paid less at McDonald's.
Are you willing to pay as much for a Hyundai as the Walton family pays for a Rolls? Of course not. Why should Walmart pay more than their labor is worth.

Just a side question: Why is Walmart bad and Apple good? Apple runs at a much higher profit margin than Walmart.

The two million people who work at Walmart are the people who make it what it is. they're the ones who create the profits. The Walmart heirs take profits; they don't create them.

Who said that Walmart was bad? Or that Apple was good? It wasn't me.

As a conservative, I am still scratching my head about the way the GOP conducts business.

They should go for the short term and really drag President Obama over the coals come March. I would work to their advantage.

If the economy starts to get better, they could frame the conversation in those terms.

People should be helped to understand that President Obama didn't help it recovered, but that it recovered in spite of him.

Not 10 days ago, you were saying there was no recovery. What changed your mind?

Really? Just who believes in a big, activist gubmint and is REALLY "oppressing" people?

The GOP is involving itself in personal decisions such as abortion.

The GOP is involving itself in personal conversations between patients and doctors. If a patient doesn't want their doctor to ask about guns in the home they can simply not answer or change doctors.

The GOP is involving itself in personal decisions such as euthanaisia.

The GOP is involving itself in personal decisions such as recreational drug use.

The GOP is involving itself in personal decisions such as life and death decision like it did with Terri Schiavo's family.

The GOP is involving itself by trying to prevent gays from getting married.

I always get a big laugh when wingnuts say that the GOP is the party of freedom.

Sorry to explain to you that murder is wrong...

Using your own logic I should have the right to put YOU into a wood chipper...

Legally there is no difference, not to mention morally..

I'm intellectually superior to you - therefore I have the right to kill you, or maybe I just don't want you sucking tax dollars so I kill you..

But I suppose in progressiveland precedent is irrelevant.

Really? Just who believes in a big, activist gubmint and is REALLY "oppressing" people?

The GOP is involving itself in personal decisions such as abortion.

The GOP is involving itself in personal conversations between patients and doctors. If a patient doesn't want their doctor to ask about guns in the home they can simply not answer or change doctors.

The GOP is involving itself in personal decisions such as euthanaisia.

The GOP is involving itself in personal decisions such as recreational drug use.

The GOP is involving itself in personal decisions such as life and death decision like it did with Terri Schiavo's family.

The GOP is involving itself by trying to prevent gays from getting married.

I always get a big laugh when wingnuts say that the GOP is the party of freedom.

In other words, the GOP is for the Constitution, the rule of law and morality. Yup!

You can take YOUR brand of morality and stick it up your ass.

Thanks for going on record that you support a big, activist gubmint that involves itself in the private decision of its citizens.

So the next time that the doctor calls your family together to tell you that there's no hope for Uncle Fred and that a decision must be made on whether or not to pull the plug you would rather the gubmint make that decision for you.

Got it. :up:

Bottom line? When it comes to abortion, euthanasia, gay marriage, etc. I will make my own decisions. I don't need fuckers like you trying to tell me how to live my life or trampling on my rights. I don't give two shits that you want big gubmint to make decisions for YOU, just leave me and mine alone. And anyone trying to stick his nose in my business (or get the gubmint to do so) better have a good pair of running shoes on because your ass will be handed to you if I catch you.

Oh so murder is right??

It should be OK to kill people out of selfishness??

Good to know....

This is why I hate progressives..

Your whole life philosophy is so evil ... "ohs yeahs I'm just going to kill a human because they hinder me in someway or another."

Fucking selfish assholes...

Sorry to explain to you that murder is wrong...

Using your own logic I should have the right to put YOU into a wood chipper...

Legally there is no difference, not to mention morally..

I'm intellectually superior to you - therefore I have the right to kill you, or maybe I just don't want you sucking tax dollars so I kill you..

But I suppose in progressiveland precedent is irrelevant.

In other words, the GOP is for the Constitution, the rule of law and morality. Yup!

Thanks for going on record that you support a big, activist gubmint that involves itself in the private decision of its citizens.

So the next time that the doctor calls your family together to tell you that there's no hope for Uncle Fred and that a decision must be made on whether or not to pull the plug you would rather the gubmint make that decision for you.

Bottom line? When it comes to abortion, euthanasia, gay marriage, etc. I will make my own decisions. I don't need fuckers like you trying to tell me how to live my life or trampling on my rights. I don't give two shits that you want big gubmint to make decisions for YOU, just leave me and mine alone. And anyone trying to stick his nose in my business (or get the gubmint to do so) better have a good pair of running shoes on because your ass will be handed to you if I catch you.

Oh so murder is right??

Good to know....

Your whole life philosophy is so evil ... "ohs yeahs I'm just going to kill a human because they hinder me in someway or another."

No, you are the one who is evil.

50% of American women will have an unwanted pregnancy at some point in their lifetiime. Unwanted childred are MUCH more likely to be abused. Therefore, you are pro child abuse.

And don't tell me an embryo is a human being. If it were, then the thousands of frozen embryos in fertility clinics in this country would have the right to own guns.

Oh so murder is right??

Good to know....

No, you are the one who is evil.

50% of American women will have an unwanted pregnancy at some point in their lifetiime. Unwanted childred are MUCH more likely to be abused. Therefore, you are pro child abuse.

And don't tell me an embryo is a human being. If it were, then the thousands of frozen embryos in fertility clinics in this country would have the right to own guns.

If they don't want to be pregnant than maybe they shouldn't be fucking people they have no intention of starting a family with..

Ever think of that???

Last edited:

Forum List

Back