Poll shows McCain in 5-point lead over Obama

What the hell happened to the fait accompli?

Can Obama really blow this? We weren't even going to have an election. I thought we were just going to anoint him or crown him or whatever. Can he actually lose to the lamest Republican presidential candidate since....who knows when, at least in the last 50 or 60 years and probably 80.

McCain/Obama Poll

In the past after a Republican has been in office for 8 years the Democrat has always been up double digits if I remember correctly... The fact that the biased media is reporting McCain is up should scare Democrats.

The purpose of a gun is to kill. The purpose of a car is to transport.

Big difference.

Other Western countries have sensible gun laws and far fewer gun deaths. Our country is awash in guns and it makes for violence consequences.

Some people view a gun as a means of protection/intimidation and don't ever plan to use it... just FYI.

Because he is an empty suit. He looks nice and sounds elegant when he has a speech in front of him. But he has absolutely no substance to him. It doesnt take alot of time around him to realize that.

McCain, Bush and the GOP have implimented anti labor policies that are hurting you. So fine, vote for a suit that is full....of shit.

No substance? Everything he says makes sense. Everything John McCain says is not in your best interests.

Unless of course you make $250K a year, which I doubt.

And even then. If the economy crashes, those people will lose their jobs too.

Good luck.

The purpose of a gun is to kill. The purpose of a car is to transport.

Big difference.

Other Western countries have sensible gun laws and far fewer gun deaths. Our country is awash in guns and it makes for violence consequences.

Kirk --

It should be clear, although clearly to you it isn't, the purpose of the second amendment is not to provide the people the right to kill deer or burglars, though both are a nice side benefit. The purpose is as a check on government tyranny. Having a well armed populace preserves the people's ultimate right to revolution and to throw off a tyrannical government (see the seal on my avatar). Without the means to effectuate the right to revolution is just a lot of pretty words. It would be stupidity of the first order for guns to be so regulated as to leave the people without the ability to remove a tyrannical government.

Wow it must be nice living in such a simple clear cut world of Liberal Delusions.

Just because you weren't paying attention for the last 8 years as I watched the GOP pass a bunch of anti labor bills, doesn't mean I'm delusional Charles.

Your industry is next. Vote for McCain and mexican truckers will be let into the USA and that will cut into your already low wages.

I'm all for that. I'll be fine. I'm going to make a good living. I just know that we could be doing better, as a whole.

But that's me worrying about you, and I can't do that. I got to look out for myself. So fuck all you broke asses.

I'll still vote for Obama, but if you broke asses don't care enough to do the right thing, I aint gonna lose sleep over it.

Just because you weren't paying attention for the last 8 years as I watched the GOP pass a bunch of anti labor bills, doesn't mean I'm delusional Charles.

Your industry is next. Vote for McCain and mexican truckers will be let into the USA and that will cut into your already low wages.

I'm all for that. I'll be fine. I'm going to make a good living. I just know that we could be doing better, as a whole.

But that's me worrying about you, and I can't do that. I got to look out for myself. So fuck all you broke asses.

I'll still vote for Obama, but if you broke asses don't care enough to do the right thing, I aint gonna lose sleep over it.

Man you just eat up the shit the Dems spoon feed you.

Sealy -- I thought you were leaving the country if people don't do the "right thing" and vote for Obama. Now you aren't going to lose sleep over it? WTF?

How did this thread start a conversation about guns and cars?!? Anyway, i see no Obama supporter has answered my question of what accomplishments does Obama have. The only one I can really think of is beating Hillary for the nomination.

How did this thread start a conversation about guns and cars?!? Anyway, i see no Obama supporter has answered my question of what accomplishments does Obama have. The only one I can really think of is beating Hillary for the nomination.

Where did he go to school?

And seeing as how he was in the minority until the GOP lost power in 2006, he hasn't had much chance to do anything yet.

But he knows how things work. He's a very intelligent man. He's honest. He's a statesmen. He'll be an excellent representative. He's doesn't have a temper like McCain. He's only had one wife. He's a constitutional scholar.

Obama's accomplishments in his 11 years in elective office - Democratic Underground

What did Bush do to win your vote?

What has McCain accomplished, besides crashing the S&L industry back in the 80's when he was a part of the Keating 5. Wikipedia has already been altered to say he was innocent, but remember, this is the same time his wife got addicted to drugs and started committing felonies to obtain her drugs. You want that in the white house?

Being in the military? Finishing at the bottom of his class? Crashing 5 airplanes? Being captured and making 30 anti American video's for the Russians and Viet Kong? Trading secrets for medical care?

Violence is as American as cherry pie.

Human nature is violent. Funny how you claim we should accept homosexuality because its only natural, but somehow we should try to avoid violence when its even more natural.

McCain, Bush and the GOP have implimented anti labor policies that are hurting you. So fine, vote for a suit that is full....of shit.

No substance? Everything he says makes sense. Everything John McCain says is not in your best interests.

Unless of course you make $250K a year, which I doubt.

And even then. If the economy crashes, those people will lose their jobs too.

Good luck.

labor laws don't affect me. I don't tie myself down to a union. why? Because I dont want union reps to get rich while trying to keep me down. I make my own destiny. I'm free.

If the economy crashes it will be because Democrats continually refuse to address the energy crisis.

George W. Bush, the worst president in history, was elected once by Americans, can they do it again, possibly, but next time they can look at the tumbling economy, a crumbling infrastructure, no healthcare, and no jobs, and say ain't it great. Bush has 30% on his side and McCain is the same as Bush, it will amaze me if Johnny wins but I have been amazed before.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

The Conservative Nanny State

his biggest accomplishment that i can see is he managed to brainwash half the country into supporting him.

George W. Bush, the worst president in history, was elected once by Americans, can they do it again, possibly, but next time they can look at the tumbling economy, a crumbling infrastructure, no healthcare, and no jobs, and say ain't it great. Bush has 30% on his side and McCain is the same as Bush, it will amaze me if Johnny wins but I have been amazed before.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

The Conservative Nanny State

1)President Bush is hardly the worst President in history. He isn't even the worst U.S. President in history. That title belongs to James Buchanan followed closely by Jimmy Carter.

2)The economy has been going up and down for the long period of human history. Often it happens regardless of the leadership. With that said, let's actually see the economy enter a recession before we declare it bad.

3)There will always be a need to make infrastructure better. Much of this happens on the State level. There would be much more money to do this if we weren't wasting it on unconstitutional social programs that are nothing but a waste of money.

4)Most of the people in this country have health care through private providers. We don't need or what socialized medicine. Those who don't have health care through private providers can not be refused medical treatment by doctors. This really isn't a problem. There hasnt been government run health care for the past 5000 years of human history and there we havent had a problem yet.

5)We are still practically at full employment. And more so, we are in the United States of America. If you can't find a job, you can create one.

Forum List

Back