Poll Shows Dems Do Believe War Is Lost

red states rule

May 30, 2006
IBD/TIPP Poll: War Is Not Lost, And Victory Is Important
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2007 4:30 PM PT

Contrary to the assessment of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, most Americans surveyed in the latest IBD/TIPP Poll do not believe the U.S. has lost the war in Iraq.

In fact, they believe the war is winnable and that victory is important. They are not against a timetable for withdrawal, but feel stabilization of the country should come first. They also believe that conduct of war should be left to generals, not Congress, and Congress' war authorization should not be repealed.

61% say VICTORY in Iraq is important to them

To see the poll

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/Polls.aspx?id=264036858199701

"In fact, they believe the war is winnable and that victory is important"

bullshit. no question in that poll asks if the war is winnable

"They are not against a timetable for withdrawal"

... actually, they are FOR it. In fact.... the question reads:

which of the following must be a higher overall priority for the US: Winning in Iraq or Immediate Troop Withdrawal?.
the scores were
Winning in Iraq: 42%
Immediate Withdrawal: 47%
Not sure: 11%

Additionally, another question from that poll asks:

Would you say setting a deadline for troop withdrawal is setting a deadline for failure?
the scores were:

Disagreee strongly: 32%
Disagree somewhat 22%
Not sure 3%
Agree somewhat 13%
Agree strongly 31%

my point was exactly what I said. there was no question in the poll that asked if the war was winnable, so the editorial comment that led off your little thread is bullshit.

also...my point was:

when asked what was more important, withdrawal or victory, more folks said withdrawal than victory.

and my point was:

when asked if they agreed that a setting a date for withdrawal was setting a date for failure and folks disageed with that as well.

now...would you like to address those three points?

my point was exactly what I said. there was no question in the poll that asked if the war was winnable, so the editorial comment that led off your little thread is bullshit.

also...my point was:

when asked what was more important, withdrawal or victory, more folks said withdrawal than victory.

and my point was:

when asked if they agreed that a setting a date for withdrawal was setting a date for failure and folks disageed with that as well.

now...would you like to address those three points?

Wrong as usual MM

The first thing you see when you go to the poll is

How important is a US victory in Iraq?

Very or Somewhat important - 61%

Not important - 33%

Percent important

Dems 44%

Republicnas - 84%

Wrong as usual MM

The first thing you see when you go to the poll is

How important is a US victory in Iraq?

Very or Somewhat important - 61%

Not important - 33%

Percent important

Dems 44%

Republicnas - 84%

no. You are wrong again, as usual.

asking if victory is important is not the same thing as asking if the war is winnable. they are not the same question. My statement was:

there was no question in the poll that asked if the war was winnable, so the editorial comment that led off your little thread is bullshit.

Ask the enormously obese man:

How important is it that you lose lots of weight?

he says: VERY IMPORTANT

Ask the same man Do you think you CAN lose weight?

and, as he crams another twinkie down the old grocery hole, he says : NOT TOO FUCKING LIKELY.

see the difference?

no. You are wrong again, as usual.

asking if victory is important is not the same thing as asking if the war is winnable. they are not the same question. My statement was:

there was no question in the poll that asked if the war was winnable, so the editorial comment that led off your little thread is bullshit.

Ask the enormously obese man:

How important is it that you lose lots of weight?

he says: VERY IMPORTANT

Ask the same man Do you think you CAN lose weight?

and, as he crams another twinkie down the old grocery hole, he says : NOT TOO FUCKING LIKELY.

see the difference?

Very lame attempt MM

Almost as lame as saying Dems did not vote to raise taxes

Dems have no desrie to win the war in Iraq - they see a defeat as a political win. That is much more important to them then wining the war

"In fact, they believe the war is winnable and that victory is important"

bullshit. no question in that poll asks if the war is winnable

"They are not against a timetable for withdrawal"

... actually, they are FOR it. In fact.... the question reads:

which of the following must be a higher overall priority for the US: Winning in Iraq or Immediate Troop Withdrawal?.
the scores were
Winning in Iraq: 42%
Immediate Withdrawal: 47%
Not sure: 11%

Additionally, another question from that poll asks:

Would you say setting a deadline for troop withdrawal is setting a deadline for failure?
the scores were:

Disagreee strongly: 32%
Disagree somewhat 22%
Not sure 3%
Agree somewhat 13%
Agree strongly 31%

It's not fair to use rsr's own link to show that he didn't ACTUALLY read it all... nor is it fair to ask him to use his math skills...

good job, maineman... good job...

It's not fair to use rsr's own link to show that he didn't ACTUALLY read it all... nor is it fair to ask him to use his math skills...

good job, maineman... good job...

Ah, another defeatest joins the conversation

The polls shows the Dems have no desire to win the war - live with it

Very lame attempt MM

Almost as lame as saying Dems did not vote to raise taxes

Dems have no desrie to win the war in Iraq - they see a defeat as a political win. That is much more important to them then wining the war

the democrats want the troops home alive, you want them in Iraq and in harm's way... when will your insatiable blood lust end?

when it's your turn to go?

the democrats want the troops home alive, you want them in Iraq and in harm's way... when will your insatiable blood lust end?

when it's your turn to go?

Then they should vote to cut off funding

They will nto do that because a majority of Americans want to win the war

You can pout all you want - Dems surrendered to Pres Bush

your own thread begins:

Contrary to the assessment of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, most Americans surveyed in the latest IBD/TIPP Poll do not believe the U.S. has lost the war in Iraq.

In fact, they believe the war is winnable and that victory is important.

I point out that there is no question that asks anyone if the war is winnable....I show you clearly that such is the case...I even give you a funny example of the difference between "is the war winnable?" and "is victory important?" and all you can say is "lame?????

THAT, my friend, IS LAME.

:rofl:

Can you define what it means to win in Iraq? what is the mission this week? will it be the same next week? next month?

If winning in Iraq is so important to you, when will you be taking an active part in the fight?

I want the troops in Iraq home safe... you want them in Iraq in harms' way... why do you hate our military?

Stop being an asswipe - Dems are the ones who wastd four months with a surrender bill they knew would not pass

All the recent polls show the Dems falling like a rock

Can you define what it means to win in Iraq? what is the mission this week? will it be the same next week? next month?

If winning in Iraq is so important to you, when will you be taking an active part in the fight?

More of the same crap from a pissed off liberal

When Iraq says they can stand on their own - we leave

your own thread begins:

In fact, they believe the war is winnable and that victory is important.

I point out that there is no question that asks anyone if the war is winnable....I show you clearly that such is the case...I even give you a funny example of the difference between "is the war winnable?" and "is victory important?" and all you can say is "lame?????

THAT, my friend, IS LAME.

:rofl:

whereas you and I and the lurkers will understand what you mean, mm, it will glide right over the top of that pointy lil skull of rsr's...

:lol:

I want the troops in Iraq home safe... you want them in Iraq in harms' way... why do you hate our military?

If I had any reason to believe that having them in harm's way would make us safer, I might feel differently. But I just don't see that we're accomplishing anything right now. We toppled Saddam; we've helped put a government in place; what more can we reasonably be expected to do? It will be the Iraqis, not us, who bring an end to this civil war, if they can.

More of the same crap from a pissed off liberal

When Iraq says they can stand on their own - we leave

if you were the head of the Iraq govenment, and you had the united states providing you with a 150K police force free of charge, how quickly would YOU want to admit that you could stand on YOUR own, if you knew that making such an admission would mean the departure of the 150K free cops?:rofl:

Forum List

Back