POLL: Should Muslims Give Up Their Claim To Jerusalem?

Should Muslims Give Up Their Claim To Jerusalem

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
upload_2018-5-14_14-55-15.png

I want to change my vote! I screwed up.
Jerusalem has been the capitol of the Jewish people for over 3,000 years.
Joshua-- the bloodline of Abraham--took it from the Canaanites, so rightly, the city became theirs. A thousand years later, Judea lost the city and its national identity, which it still has not recovered.

The modern Jewish state is not one of their own design. It is a UN mandate. Jerusalem has been their capital for a day.

I love Israel. It's a valuable ally of the civilized West. Its history spans only a few decades, though.

Someone said Jews are a religion not a race.

The English term Jew originates in the Biblical Hebrew word Yehudi, meaning "from the Tribe of Judah", "from the Kingdom of Judah", or "Jew".

This does not mean that all Jews are ancestors of the Tribe of Judah but claiming the religion as their own does make them a member of the tribe.

Exactly, each tribe has its' own rules of membership.
Jews are categorized as an ethno-religious group, a tribe is a more rooted description.

Someone said Jews are a religion not a race.

The English term Jew originates in the Biblical Hebrew word Yehudi, meaning "from the Tribe of Judah", "from the Kingdom of Judah", or "Jew".

This does not mean that all Jews are ancestors of the Tribe of Judah but claiming the religion as their own does make them a member of the tribe.

Exactly, each tribe has its' own rules of membership.
Jews are categorized as an ethno-religious group, a tribe is a more rooted description.

the answer lies in the deathbed speech of Jacob-----he named JUDAH ---as heir-----to
be KING OF DA FAMILY. That made "the children of Israel (aka Jacob)" a nation
ruled by the house of JUDAH-------so all us "children of Israel" is JOOOOS.
Romans are named Romans----because of ROMMULUS ----I do not remember what happened
with REMUS.

I'll give my opinion up front. Jerusalem is the holiest of lands for both Jews and Christians. It has been for Thousands of years. Muslims have their holiest sites Mecca and Medina. So maybe it's time for Muslims to make a good faith gesture and give up their claim to Jerusalem. What do you think?

FUHGET about it------muslims are not even willing to give up their
claim to KASHMIR and CONSTANTINOPLE. They are still claiming
"ANDALUS"

Following the recent interview with Mordechai Kedar on al-Jazeera:

Abd al-Hamid (manager of Saudi research center):

"We're to recognize that Jerusalem is a religious symbol of the Jews, and it is sacred to them as Mecca and Medina to Muslims.
Therefore the Arab attitude must free itself from the idea that passed from generation to generation in Christianity and the Political Islam within its 2 streams - Sunni and Shia - an idea that was installed for solely political needs: culture of hatred of Jews and denial of their historic rights in the region.

When we need to argue with the Israeli side in negotiations..."

Interviewer: "Are You saying Palestinians should forget about a capital in East Jerusalem?"

Abd al-Hamid: "I meant that Palestinians, the Arabs and the Arab community, when they managing a negotiation with the Israelis, they must accept the fact, which source is in sacred writings and history of the place: Jews are a part of this region and its history. And the State of Israel is a result of this historic right of the Jews in the region. When we manage the negotiation with this understanding, that the Israeli side is a partner to the history of this region, whether from rulers perspective, the peoples or the cultural aspects this will ease a lot and enable flexibility in order to reach peace."

I'll give my opinion up front. Jerusalem is the holiest of lands for both Jews and Christians. It has been for Thousands of years. Muslims have their holiest sites Mecca and Medina. So maybe it's time for Muslims to make a good faith gesture and give up their claim to Jerusalem. What do you think?
Winners write the history books.

The Dome of the Rock was built as a symbol of conquest. It was always customary in Islam to immediately erect Mosques on conquered lands. Basically, it was big F-U to Christians and Jews. Muslims have their holiest sites in Mecca & Medina. Jerusalem being a 3rd or 4th holiest site for them, doesn't cut it for me. They should allow Jews and Christians their holiest site Jerusalem.

Following the recent interview with Mordechai Kedar on al-Jazeera:

Abd al-Hamid (manager of Saudi research center):

"We're to recognize that Jerusalem is a religious symbol of the Jews, and it is sacred to them as Mecca and Medina to Muslims.
Therefore the Arab attitude must free itself from the idea that passed from generation to generation in Christianity and the Political Islam within its 2 streams - Sunni and Shia - an idea that was installed for solely political needs: culture of hatred of Jews and denial of their historic rights in the region.

When we need to argue with the Israeli side in negotiations..."

Interviewer: "Are You saying Palestinians should forget about a capital in East Jerusalem?"

Abd al-Hamid: "I meant that Palestinians, the Arabs and the Arab community, when they managing a negotiation with the Israelis, they must accept the fact, which source is in sacred writings and history of the place: Jews are a part of this region and its history. And the State of Israel is a result of this historic right of the Jews in the region. When we manage the negotiation with this understanding, that the Israeli side is a partner to the history of this region, whether from rulers perspective, the peoples or the cultural aspects this will ease a lot and enable flexibility in order to reach peace."

Interesting, thanks.

Forum List

Back