Poll: Sending troops to Iraq a mistake

HGROKIT

May 22, 2004
Federal Way WA, USA
How soon everyone forgets what this is all about and what is at stake. As soon as the going gets tough and people are asked to sacrifice, they cave like souffles in an oven. How pathetic some in our nation have become. I wish there was a smilie that represented utter disgust and contempt.

By Susan Page, USA TODAY

Most Americans now say that sending U.S. troops to Iraq (news - web sites) was a mistake, a USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup Poll finds. For the first time, a majority also says that the war there has made the nation less safe from terrorism.

Rest of the Sick Story Here

Are you posting this from your Army camp just outide Tikrit? Otherwise, I suggest you seal it. The chickenhawk neocon Israel-firsters who got us into the Iraq mess never picked up a hammer, level or rake in their precious Jewish lives, never mind a military-grade weapon. But they're content to send everyone else over to satisfy their Straussian lust for Jew domination of the middle east. Kinda makes me almost --- and Wm. Joyce stresses ALMOST --- admire a fatass like Sharon who actually was out there, slaying his ethnic enemy on the front line.

Originally posted by William Joyce
Are you posting this from your Army camp just outide Tikrit? Otherwise, I suggest you seal it.

Are you a moderator or administrator on this board? If not, I suggest you seal it. ALL users here are entitled to voice their opinions, as long as it is done so in a civil manner.

Of course this war was a mistake. Many reasons fed to the people as to why this war was necessary have proved to be nothing but dung.

No WMD's for one. Secondly, no connection to 9-11 or any kind of operational connection at all w/ Al-Qaeda. And thirdly, Iraq posed no real threat to Americans in the homeland.

Bush and co. reitereated the above points incessantly, like they were trying to convert a bunch of heathens into the seeing and believing in their visions of pre-emptive war.

As a result, nearly 1,000 US soldiers dead, thousands more injured. Thousands of Iraqi soldiers, police officers, civilians and insurgents dead as well.

And for what? To spread Democracy as GWB says. But he needs to check his history books. We are not even a Democracy, we are a Republic. And now, we are resembling an Empire.

Originally posted by menewa
Of course this war was a mistake. Many reasons fed to the people as to why this war was necessary have proved to be nothing but dung.

No WMD's for one. Secondly, no connection to 9-11 or any kind of operational connection at all w/ Al-Qaeda. And thirdly, Iraq posed no real threat to Americans in the homeland.

There have been WMD's found, and the rest of the search is far from over. It was never stated Iraq had a connection to 9/11. Iraq had MANY ties to Al Qaeda if you take the time to read ALL the news. It was also NEVER stated that Iraq was a threat to the US homeland.

You see, this is why so many feel the reasons given were "dung", because they believe the hype and misquotes.

Are you posting this from your Army camp just outide Tikrit? Otherwise, I suggest you seal it. The chickenhawk neocon Israel-firsters who got us into the Iraq mess never picked up a hammer, level or rake in their precious Jewish lives, never mind a military-grade weapon. But they're content to send everyone else over to satisfy their Straussian lust for Jew domination of the middle east. Kinda makes me almost --- and Wm. Joyce stresses ALMOST --- admire a fatass like Sharon who actually was out there, slaying his ethnic enemy on the front line.

Actually I have a folding knife acquired from Tikrit. I also have about thirty or so former students at Fallujah. Then there would be about 400 of my brothers who are now back from Iraq. So, are you gonna tell me to "seal it"? The war is justified and your rabid AS attitude won't change that one bit. I am just sorry for the rest of the sheep in the USA who let the evening news and political ads change thier minds about as often as their underwear. Beacause you obviously are not happy here, why dont you renounce your citizenship and immigrate to say Jordan, Syria, Iran, or any of the Stan countries. "you are the weakest link, goodbye"

Well, there are number of reasons why it has been successful.
I think we all know that Islam is THE biggest threat today.
This is a threat quite unknown in recent times.
Previously the biggest threat was based on a political ideology.
IE Nazism, Communism.

Why has it been successful?

Prior to this action, Iran was actively seeking a nuclear capability.
Now, Iran has ceased this.
Libya, Gadafi has now agreed to stop funding & encouraging international terrorism.
Those are two facts.
Those countries only made that decision, for reason only.
They would have been next on the list.

Prior to this action, Iran was actively seeking a nuclear capability. Now, Iran has ceased this.

Other than the above, you are correct. Iran is actively persuing nuclear power. This week the Euro powers and IAEA strongly urged them to change their ways. They are 'hoping' that Iran will go along, soon.

Perhaps even more importantly is the flypaper effect of Iraq. Thousands of foreign terrorists have been killed or put out of commission. Funding for many terror cells has been eliminated with Saddam's reign.

What's your point asshole? I've served, have two of my kids serving. We served so that we may have the freedom to speak and at the same time allow failed abortions such as yourself continue to breath and speak your bullshit.

Go post your racist rants at www.kissmyass.com

Well, I don't accept that.
I'm too tired to provide the evidence, which I will, Iran was trying to develop a nuclear capability.
Iran doesn't need nuclear power, it's got oil.
Furthermore, it has the raison d'etre to accomplish this.

Originally posted by HGROKIT
What's your point asshole? I've served, have two of my kids serving. We served so that we may have the freedom to speak and at the same time allow failed abortions such as yourself continue to breath and speak your bullshit.

Go post your racist rants at www.kissmyass.com
:clap1: :clap1: :clap1: :beer:

Originally posted by kev8864
Well, I don't accept that.
I'm too tired to provide the evidence, which I will, Iran was trying to develop a nuclear capability.
Iran doesn't need nuclear power, it's got oil.
Furthermore, it has the raison d'etre to accomplish this.

<b>Since you're tired, I did your homework for ya:rolleyes:</b>

Iran Should Reverse Centrifuge Plans-ElBaradei

MOSCOW (Al-Reuters) - Iran should reverse its decision to resume production, assembly and testing of centrifuges to help erase the "confidence deficit" it created by hiding nuclear activities, the U.N. atomic watchdog said on Saturday.

"I hope it is temporary," International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) chief Mohamed ElBaradei told reporters during a flight to Moscow for a four-day official visit. "I hope Iran will go back to the full suspension they have committed themselves to."

A letter from Iran to the IAEA, seen by Reuters, informed the agency that Tehran would resume centrifuge activities on Tuesday, June 29. Centrifuges are used to purify uranium to make it usable as fuel for atomic power plants or weapons.

Rest of the story:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040626/wl_nm/nuclear_iran_elbaradei_dc_2

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
Think sarcasm and Andy Sipowicz from NYPD Blue:

Ipsa THIS! (as he grabs his nuts:D )

I was thinking how to reply to that, you did it much better! :p:

I fully understand & understood.
I still hate using that name.:)

Originally posted by jimnyc
There have been WMD's found, and the rest of the search is far from over. It was never stated Iraq had a connection to 9/11. Iraq had MANY ties to Al Qaeda if you take the time to read ALL the news. It was also NEVER stated that Iraq was a threat to the US homeland.

You see, this is why so many feel the reasons given were "dung", because they believe the hype and misquotes.

Every piece of evidence of WMD found in Iraq has just been some busted old scrap of metal or some microscopic bit from back in the day. There has been no evidence of an active WMD program or of any stockpiles of chemical and bio weapons that the Bush Admin claimed. If they had found them, why isn't Rumsfeld and Co. jumping up and down with glee?

I've read the reports that some people from Saddam's Army met some people from Al Qaeda. But no connection has been made that they devised any schemes together. I admit, they might have, but no proof of this has surfaced.

The president and all his men and woman said over and over that Iraq was an "imminent" threat. They mentioned mushroom clouds occuring in major US cities. If that's not stating Iraq is a threat to the mainland, I don't know what is.

As for connecting Saddam and 9-11. This was connected in a subtle and manipulative manner, beginning with Bush's speech on the one year anniversary of the 9-11 attacks. Why else did a majority of American's polled leading up the invasion believed most of the 9-11 hijackers were from Iraq.

Originally posted by menewa
Every piece of evidence of WMD found in Iraq has just been some busted old scrap of metal or some microscopic bit from back in the day. There has been no evidence of an active WMD program or of any stockpiles of chemical and bio weapons that the Bush Admin claimed. If they had found them, why isn't Rumsfeld and Co. jumping up and down with glee?

I've read the reports that some people from Saddam's Army met some people from Al Qaeda. But no connection has been made that they devised any schemes together. I admit, they might have, but no proof of this has surfaced.

The president and all his men and woman said over and over that Iraq was an "imminent" threat. They mentioned mushroom clouds occuring in major US cities. If that's not stating Iraq is a threat to the mainland, I don't know what is.

As for connecting Saddam and 9-11. This was connected in a subtle and manipulative manner, beginning with Bush's speech on the one year anniversary of the 9-11 attacks. Why else did a majority of American's polled leading up the invasion believed most of the 9-11 hijackers were from Iraq.

Menewa-the administration never claimed that the war started or stopped with WMD. The mushroom cloud analogy, you must have misunderstood, basically it was Condi Rice saying that we were not going to wait for a mushroom cloud before we acted.

Read the SOS speech you are referring to: www.whitehouse.gov

I think you'll find your memory wrong.

Forum List

Back