Poll Sees No 'Game Change' After Paul Ryan Pick

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Mark Blumenthal

WASHINGTON -- With the first of the nominating conventions less than a week away, the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll adds more evidence that the choice of Paul Ryan as Mitt Romney's running mate has not been a "game changer" in the 2012 race for the White House.

The latest poll of 1000 registered voters nationwide surveyed from Aug. 16 to 20 found President Barack Obama with a narrow four percentage point lead (48 to 44 percent) over presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney. That's slightly narrower than their last poll in July, which showed Obama leading by six points (49 to 43 percent). Support for each candidate in the newest survey fell within the margin of sampling error.

That new result squares with the HuffPost pollster polling chart, based on all available public polls, which shows no significant change in the Obama-Romney race since the Spring.

More: Paul Ryan Pick No 'Game Change,' New Poll Says

I think most everyone has made up their mind and the only possible game changers at this point are if something major happens on the world stage or something major happens in the debates. The conventions are just expensive, scripted, events that mean nothing really.

By Mark Blumenthal

WASHINGTON -- With the first of the nominating conventions less than a week away, the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll adds more evidence that the choice of Paul Ryan as Mitt Romney's running mate has not been a "game changer" in the 2012 race for the White House.

The latest poll of 1000 registered voters nationwide surveyed from Aug. 16 to 20 found President Barack Obama with a narrow four percentage point lead (48 to 44 percent) over presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney. That's slightly narrower than their last poll in July, which showed Obama leading by six points (49 to 43 percent). Support for each candidate in the newest survey fell within the margin of sampling error.

That new result squares with the HuffPost pollster polling chart, based on all available public polls, which shows no significant change in the Obama-Romney race since the Spring.

More: Paul Ryan Pick No 'Game Change,' New Poll Says

And others say he did. Follow your bias, I guess.

There has been no poll change really RCP just last week had Obama up + 3.4 I believe that is now down to 2.7 that seems like a poll change in the swing states with updated polling most of them have gotten closer as well i would say there has been a poll change.

Forum List

Back