Poll Says Smokers, Obese Should Pay More for Health Insurance

Hoorraay, let's punish all of those stupid smokers. How dare they get addicted to something that they didn't even know was addicting and dangerous until it was too late. Hell, fat people too! Being unattractive and frowned upon by society isn't enough for them, they should pay with their wallets.

?? In this day and age if you don't know cigs are addictive your are living under a rock with your head in the sand and thumbs in your ears. Asking people to pay for the consequences of their choices? How awful

The liberals promulgate "health care" as a right. I think it is a privilege. If you lack the money, too bad. They used to have charity hospitals for the poor. Now we have the government. Around 100 million people have some form of government health care. I say cut them off and let them pay for it themselves, just like tens of millions of others, who pay their bills by working or investing. If some guy goes and buys a $4,000 plasma TV, should he hand the bill to me? If some drunk wrecks his car, should he hand the repair bill to me? If somebody weighs 400 pounds and gets sick, should he hand the bill to me?

If someone's the 4 year old child of a single mother living on minimum wage because she and her parents couldn't afford college, should that 4 year old find a job with full medical benefits? You know how hard it is to find a job with medical benefits these days?

Compassionate Conservatism, Ladies and Germs!

Probably not. High metabolism is something you're just "blessed" with I guess

If you end up over the side in the side in the ocean it isn't a blessing. Hypothermia gets those with the least amount of bodyfat first. I assume being exposed to freezing elements is the same.

I'll take MY chances.:lol: Just pointing out that there IS a downside.

The liberals promulgate "health care" as a right. I think it is a privilege. If you lack the money, too bad. They used to have charity hospitals for the poor. Now we have the government. Around 100 million people have some form of government health care. I say cut them off and let them pay for it themselves, just like tens of millions of others, who pay their bills by working or investing. If some guy goes and buys a $4,000 plasma TV, should he hand the bill to me? If some drunk wrecks his car, should he hand the repair bill to me? If somebody weighs 400 pounds and gets sick, should he hand the bill to me?

So you would deny medical treatment to those who cannot afford it?

My point is that people should get off the government health insurance system and buy private insurance. So nobody would be denied care. We could bill the home countries of the illegal aliens for their care.

We could bill the home countries of the illegal aliens for their care.

The U.S.A. is NOT responsiblie for citizens of other countries. People who enter the u.s.a. illegal are criminal who break the law, hence the word illegal, and breaking into a country, not to mention forging documents, or buying forged documents.

The private sector does a better job then government. The governments job is only to regulate, not to run a business.

Forum List

Back