POLL: ROMNEY vs PERRY ?

• ROMNEY

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • PERRY

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Other

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters
I like Romney better. IMO, his religious beliefs are genuine, while Perry is using his religion to garner votes.

There's something sickening about that.

Guatamo- Wow, man, that's funny... I guess you don't know much about what Mormons believe.

Well, I'm here to educate you.

Magic Underpants..

Temple garment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And sorry, Joseph Smith was a con man-

Kirkland Bank Scandal...

Kirtland Safety Society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who had sex with young girls...

The Wives of Joseph Smith

And, yes, they think they are going to rule over Spirit Children in the afterlife. And a whole lot of other weird-ass shit.

MORMONISM'S STRANGE DOCTRINES - HiddenMysteries Spiritual Studies

Now, the Obama folks are going to use the term "weird" a lot in the next year. They won't say "Mormon", because that might upset you guys, but they'll say stuff like "Romney is weird". And the Mainstream Media will educate us all about the Mormon's beliefs and history - AFTER Romney secures the nomination.

Unless Republicans dummy up and stop this crazy train at the station.

I like Romney better. IMO, his religious beliefs are genuine, while Perry is using his religion to garner votes.

I think that Perry is sincere in his beliefs.

I do agree that Romney's beliefs are genuine. That's what scares the hell out of me. He believes in absolute nonsense that has been scientifically debunked, repeatedly.

Seriously, I've spent time with Mormons. They are like characters from a Steven King Novel level creepy.

So, are you one of those Americans who "would never vote for a Mormon?"

Absolutely.

I've voted Republican in every election since 1980, but Romney is the nominee, I'll vote third party or stay home.

The LDS are a dangerous, power-hungry cult and I'd support four more years of Obama's ineptitude rather than risk getting them any closer to power than they already are.

Why do you think that? What do you think a Mormon would do in power such that you would vote for Obama instead?

So, are you one of those Americans who "would never vote for a Mormon?"

Absolutely.

I've voted Republican in every election since 1980, but Romney is the nominee, I'll vote third party or stay home.

The LDS are a dangerous, power-hungry cult and I'd support four more years of Obama's ineptitude rather than risk getting them any closer to power than they already are.

Why do you think that? What do you think a Mormon would do in power such that you would vote for Obama instead?

I don't even want to take the chance. My own experiences with Mormons is that they can't be trusted. They are just snakey, two-faced people with crazy beliefs.

Incidently, I didn't say I would vote for Obama. I said I'd stay home or vote third party. But we know what we'll get with Obama. A lot of ineptitude, probably impotence.

Romney would open the country up to his corporate raider buddies to steal everything but the gold teeth and the silverware. No thanks.

Incidently, my disdain for Romney is not limited to his religion. His unethical business practices, his flip-flopping on issues, his overall phoniness and lack of empathy for working folks, yeah, that all gives me pause, too. This is a guy who has never had to work hard in his life, but has spent much of it screwing over working people to get money that he doesn't really need.

I do agree that Romney's beliefs are genuine. That's what scares the hell out of me. He believes in absolute nonsense that has been scientifically debunked, repeatedly.

Seriously, I've spent time with Mormons. They are like characters from a Steven King Novel level creepy.

I'm actually more comfortable with the sense that a politician's religious beliefs are a facade. But it's far better if they just keep it to themselves. Perry seems willing to make his a significant part of how he governs - which (among many other things) disqualifies him for my vote. Mormonism doesn't scare me any more than Christianity, but Romney is just a phony tool in general.

Last edited:

I'm actually more comfortable with the sense that a politician's religious beliefs are a facade. But it's far better if they just keep it to themselves. Perry seems willing to make his a significant part of how he governs - which (among many other things) disqualifies him for my vote. Mormonism doesn't scare me any more than Christianity, but Romney is just a phony tool in general.

If you could point out to me something SPECIFIC in Perry's theology that should worry me- and keep in mind, I'm an agnostic, so I don't have a dog or a God in this fight- then, yeah, maybe you'd have a point.

Mormons, on the other hand, have it in their charter to make America a theocracy. They attempted to actually establish a theocracy in Utah and went to war with the US government in 1857.

Absolutely.

I don't even want to take the chance. My own experiences with Mormons is that they can't be trusted. They are just snakey, two-faced people with crazy beliefs.

Incidently, I didn't say I would vote for Obama. I said I'd stay home or vote third party. But we know what we'll get with Obama. A lot of ineptitude, probably impotence.

Romney would open the country up to his corporate raider buddies to steal everything but the gold teeth and the silverware. No thanks.

Incidently, my disdain for Romney is not limited to his religion. His unethical business practices, his flip-flopping on issues, his overall phoniness and lack of empathy for working folks, yeah, that all gives me pause, too. This is a guy who has never had to work hard in his life, but has spent much of it screwing over working people to get money that he doesn't really need.

Romney started Bain Capital. He was an extraordinarily successful investor. He got rich, as I understand it, primarily by investing growth capital in young businesses, not by stripping away old businesses (though his firm did some of that). I know something about that world. Those guys work like dogs. There is also a story that at his firm, one of his employee's kids went missing, so they stopped everything they were working on and everyone spent days looking for the kid, whom they found.

I don't care about his religion. I agree that he is a flip-flopper, somewhat slippery, and will say whatever he needs to get elected. And it bothers me somewhat that given that the financial industry is who got us into the mess, we should elect someone from that industry as President. But what this country needs right now is competency. It doesn't need a vacuous ideologue. Romney is simply hands down the most competent individual running for the office of President.

Romney started Bain Capital. He was an extraordinarily successful investor. He got rich, as I understand it, primarily by investing growth capital in young businesses, not by stripping away old businesses (though his firm did some of that). I know something about that world. Those guys work like dogs. There is also a story that at his firm, one of his employee's kids went missing, so they stopped everything they were working on and everyone spent days looking for the kid, whom they found.

I don't care about his religion. I agree that he is a flip-flopper, somewhat slippery, and will say whatever he needs to get elected. And it bothers me somewhat that given that the financial industry is who got us into the mess, we should elect someone from that industry as President. But what this country needs right now is competency. It doesn't need a vacuous ideologue. Romney is simply hands down the most competent individual running for the office of President.

People like that were the ones who destroyed the economy. They should have been dragged out of their offices and lynched after the stock market crash.

Romney is scum who made his money screwing working folks. If they nominate him, he'll lose to Obama, badly.

I want a leader, not another tool from Wall Street that's going to hold us down while they screw us some more. We've had quite enough of that, thank you.

I'm sick and tired of these trust fund babies who never did a day of real work in their lives, and don't know whose lives they are messing up.

Perry grew up dirt poor, and making it as a farmer in Texas is darned hard work. I respect the hell out of that.

I don't know much about Romney, and I know for a fact that Perry is putting Texas in a shithole, so I'll repeat an honest black guy before another Texas Governor RINO wackjob.

Depends on what you're going for.

Perry's likely to be easier to beat in a general election.

Romney isn't, but if he wins the nomination it will be in spite of the Tea Party, not because of it. If he then goes on to the win the general, it'll be because the Tea Party folks kissed his ring anyway, effectively ending their brief stint as kingmakers in the Republican party.

As a voter who wouldn't mind seeing the Republican ticket lose in 2012, I'd obviously like to see a Perry candidacy. But as an American taking the long view, I'd probably be happier seeing a winning Romney ticket pull his party back from the fringes of reactionary thought.

So I guess it's Romney, by a nose.

Don't kid yourself--the tea party is dragging Romney to the right on issues also. As far as Perry--his loose canon mouth is going to get him in a lot of trouble with independents in this country--and as we all know you have to get the independent vote to win elections.

So--right now--I don't see Perry winning over Obama--so it's Mitt Romney--plus he has a ton more business experience--which is definitely lacking in Washington D.C.

Perry is guilty of not knowing about the "SEPARATION OF CHURCH & STATE". Or, not giving a damn about it.

Perry advocated having a particular religion's church embedded into our government?

Wow

When did this happen and how did I miss it?

Apparently, you're missing the public prayers on (a) governmental occasion(s) specifically designed to accentuate the enforcement of prayer on the general public.

You mean the one where EVERYONE was invited, regardless of religious preference?
How does that establish a particular religion or prevent the free exercise thereof?

Oh...

I don't know much about Romney, and I know for a fact that Perry is putting Texas in a shithole, so I'll repeat an honest black guy before another Texas Governor RINO wackjob.

This Mr OwlShit is not only an Obvious Black Racist Piece of Shit ....... he's fucking batshit delusional......more like INSANE !!!!!

OBUMMER BEING AN "HONEST" BLACK GUY ?!?!?

Mr Owlshit is not only not from this planet ....... the fucking idiot is from another UNIVERSE !!!

Last edited:
Perry advocated having a particular religion's church embedded into our government?

Wow

When did this happen and how did I miss it?

Apparently, you're missing the public prayers on (a) governmental occasion(s) specifically designed to accentuate the enforcement of prayer on the general public.

You mean the one where EVERYONE was invited, regardless of religious preference?
How does that establish a particular religion or prevent the free exercise thereof?

Oh...

Hortysir,

Oh........nothing.

EVERYONE is ALWAYS invited to PUBLIC EVENTS ..... that's why they're PUBLIC !!!

And, a Republican NOMINEE, or a POTENTIAL NOMINEE speaking at a GOVERNMENTAL FUNCTION BY THE GOVERNOR of a STATE, i.e., RICK PERRY is subjecting his audience to Religious Prayer (whatever the denomination). And, by so doing, is MOST FLAGRANTLY VIOLATING the "SEPARATION of CHURCH & STATE" Constitutional clause !!!

Not that I am an Agnostic or an Atheist .......but, I suppose I could be considered as such because I believe in the NON Anthropomorphic God of Einstein & Spinoza i.e., that God, if he exists, is the Sum Total of the Laws of the Universe.

And, I am, most definitely, unlike people of the Organized Religions of the World who believe in their Egotistical, Vainglorious, Vengeful, actually PETTY God (I know scores of humans who are a helluva lot more worthy than that "God").

Unlike the followers of this Vainglorious, Vengeful, etc., Anthropomorphic God of the Organized Religions of the World, who pray to this Fantasy expecting positive results when all the statistical data shows that their prayers result in the same statistical odds as praying to the nearest rock in the garden....... People of my belief are clearly aware that praying to the Sum Total of the Laws of the Universe is like praying to a Lightening so that it won't hitcha.

BTW, didja notice that, HISTORICALLY, the religious whackjobs ON EITHER SIDE pray to their Fantasy "GOD" for the victory which will be attributed to THEIR side ??? The fucking idiots.

The rational and realistic conclusion is that we aren't any different from the cockroaches scurrying around hither and yon.........we will all wind up as fertilizer.

Anyways......my point is: Rick Perry is forcing his religious prayer bullshit in an OFFICIAL GOVERNMENTAL EVENT on me, and those who are agnostics and atheists .....who have equal rights under the Constitution ......not to be subjected to this hysterical religious bullshit.

Now, when everything is said and done........all this Rick Perry religious whackjob bullshit has a nanogram's worth of weight IF RICK PERRY WILL BRING DOWN THE LOSER, MONUMENTAL MARXIST, RACIST, MUSLIM PROTECTING, ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT CODDLING FRAUD, OBUMMER !!!

Last edited:

This Mr OwlShit is not only an Obvious Black Racist Piece of Shit ....... he's fucking batshit delusional......more like INSANE !!!!!

Mr Owlshit is not only not from this planet ....... the fucking idiot is from another UNIVERSE !!!
How am I the racist one?
So who is honest?
Are you aware that Bush lied 935 times between 2001 and 2003 about the threat of terrorism to the US?
Do you ever use actual argumentive points, or any logic at all?
Are you a 10 year old?

How am I the racist one?
So who is honest?
Are you aware that Bush lied 935 times between 2001 and 2003 about the threat of terrorism to the US?
Are you a 10 year old?

You counted how many times he lied? I have to ask were you obsessed with him? Or did a liberal article tell you how many times he lied?

Come on Mr. Owl, your posts are generally very good but this one is stretching it.

Immie

How am I the racist one?
So who is honest?
Are you a 10 year old?

You are a hopeless fool.

Forum List

Back