Poll: Romney, Santorum Leading Obama In Swing States...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
In a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll of the nation's dozen top battleground states, a clear majority of registered voters call the bill's passage "a bad thing" and support its repeal if a Republican wins the White House in November. Two years after he signed the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act— and as the Supreme Court prepares to hear arguments about its constitutionality next month — the president has failed to convince most Americans that it was the right thing to do.

"Mandating that you have to buy the insurance rubs me the wrong way altogether," says Fred Harrison, 62, a horse trainer from York County, Pa., who was among those surveyed and supports repeal even though he likes some provisions of the law. "It should be my own choice."

"It seems like it forces you to take health care (coverage), and you don't really have a say in the matter," says Beth Leffew, 26, a college student from Cincinnati. She says the president "didn't really listen to people" when they objected to the proposed bill. "It seems like he just shoved it right through Congress."

In the poll, Obama lags the two leading Republican rivals in the 12 states likely to determine the outcome of a close race in November:

•Former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum tops Obama 50%-45% in the swing states. Nationwide, Santorum's lead narrows to 49%-46%.

•Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney edges Obama 48%-46% in the swing states. Nationwide, they are tied at 47% each.

Read More:
Swing states poll: Health care victories hurt Obama and Romney in 2012

Funny, they don't list which "Swing States" we are talking about.

Obama only has to carry the states John Kerry did and either Florida or OHio, and he still wins.

Oh, yeah. Ron Paul. Still Crazy.

Not necessarily true. The 2010 Census shifted the electoral college votes toward "red" states. I havent done the calculations, of course. But it does put Obama at a disadvanage off the bat.

Funny, they don't list which "Swing States" we are talking about.

Obama only has to carry the states John Kerry did and either Florida or OHio, and he still wins.

Oh, yeah. Ron Paul. Still Crazy.

Not necessarily true. The 2010 Census shifted the electoral college votes toward "red" states. I havent done the calculations, of course. But it does put Obama at a disadvanage off the bat.

Nope, it really doesn't.

Now, it is true they could lose Ohio if they won everything else Bush won in 2004, because the votes have shifted just that much.

But to do that, Romney would have to take back Florida, Iowa, Indiana, North Carolina, Nevada, New Mexico, Virginia. A pretty tall order.

Of course, Romney has to worry about Missouri, which he has never won, which McCain only won by 100,000 or so votes, and where they hate Mormons almost as much as I do. He has to worry about Arizona, where a lot of Hispanics won't take too kindly to his immigrant bashing.

If Romney's the nominee, Obama will win by a bigger margin.

Forum List

Back