POLL: Romney Best Able To End Political Gridlock...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Who can fix political gridlock? Poll favors Romney.

Just about everybody agrees Washington is a gridlocked mess. But who's the man to fix it? After two years of brawling and brinkmanship between President Barack Obama and congressional Republicans, more voters trust Mitt Romney to break the stalemate.

Romney's message — a vote for Obama is a vote for more gridlock — seems to be getting through. An Associated Press-GfK poll shows that almost half of likely voters — some 47 percent — think the Republican challenger would be better at ending the logjam Thirty-seven percent say Obama would.

Romney is pushing that advantage. He increasingly portrays himself as a work-with-everybody pragmatist. Obama counters by predicting that Republican lawmakers who now are focused on opposing his re-election will become more cooperative once he wins a second term.

Who can fix political gridlock? Poll favors Romney - Yahoo! News
http://www.drudgereport.com/

I was just listening to Obama at his campaign stop touting how all Americans come together and there is no red or blue states.. I nearly choked on my water.. The absolute audacity of this serial liar is amazing!

Mitt Romney can and will lead.. He will bring both sides together and compromise. He certainly wont scream out, "I WON," stating he didn't have to compromise.. WHAT A FUCKING LOSER!

Obama to GOP: ‘I Won’ - Washington Wire - WSJ

Why don't you just say that the republicans will end their blanket obstructionism for a republican president? It has been their point from the beginning but you have to ask yourself what they will vote for? Nothing good that's for sure.

Translation:

The GOP will cease the four year tantrum they have been throwing if you just let them out of time out.

Why don't you just say that the republicans will end their blanket obstructionism for a republican president? It has been their point from the beginning but you have to ask yourself what they will vote for? Nothing good that's for sure.

What's funny is they are unknowingly admitting that Democrats are more willing to work with the other party when they don't have the White House.

Given continuing GOP control of the House and the number of legislative bridges the President has burned, I think Romney will do (and has done) a better job of achieving compromise solutions with the opposition party.

Project much?

The only 'blanket obstructionism' in America is in the Senate, where Harry Reid simply refuses to do his Constitutional duty and pass a budget because is so doing he would have to compromise with the people's elected House of Representatives.

Congress will still be very close. Romney will have to work with Democrats on some level. Unless he goes the Executive Order route, like the Dear Leader has. But i doubt Republicans will lock Democrats out of meetings like Democrats do when their in control. And hopefully, they'll allow members of Congress the time to actually read Legislation before voting on it. In the end, they can't do any worse than the Democrats have done in Congress. They've presided over the worst rated Congress in U.S. History. Things can only get better.

Ok, they will. And I had no problem with them stymieing Obama, given his agenda and all.

Good Lord, look at the pile of shit he laid on us the first two years.

I can agree with this except for one thing. It won't be Romney it will be democrats. I think they would be willing to put America above making Romney a one term POTUS. Like the GOP did with Obama. The dems won't be known as obstructionist or the party of no. They won't help write bills and budgets then vote against them. They won't hold American people hostage til they get their way.

Liar.

President Obama still is pressing Congress to pass his jobs stimulus bill immediately, but his own party leaders in the Senate, where Democrats have a majority, have pushed that vote off yet again.

Majority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, said Monday night that when the Senate returns from a weeklong vacation, the chamber will work instead on a bill that would push to label China a currency manipulator, which would make retaliatory steps in order.

<snip>

Mr. Reid is the Senate sponsor of the measure, but he said there are other priorities.

&#8220;We&#8217;ll get to that, but let&#8217;s get some of these things done that we have to get done first,&#8221; he said.

Obama's jobs plan isn't top priority for Reid - Washington Times

I can agree with this except for one thing. It won't be Romney it will be democrats. I think they would be willing to put America above making Romney a one term POTUS. Like the GOP did with Obama. The dems won't be known as obstructionist or the party of no. They won't help write bills and budgets then vote against them. They won't hold American people hostage til they get their way.

Whoa.. what time do you start smoking crack?

:lol:

Laughable. Reid and Obama are holding America hostage as we speak by refusing to do their Constitituonal duty to pass a budget, thereby trying to run the Nation by Executive decree out of the Oval Office.

Who can fix political gridlock? Poll favors Romney.

Just about everybody agrees Washington is a gridlocked mess. But who's the man to fix it? After two years of brawling and brinkmanship between President Barack Obama and congressional Republicans, more voters trust Mitt Romney to break the stalemate.

Romney's message — a vote for Obama is a vote for more gridlock — seems to be getting through. An Associated Press-GfK poll shows that almost half of likely voters — some 47 percent — think the Republican challenger would be better at ending the logjam Thirty-seven percent say Obama would.

Romney is pushing that advantage. He increasingly portrays himself as a work-with-everybody pragmatist. Obama counters by predicting that Republican lawmakers who now are focused on opposing his re-election will become more cooperative once he wins a second term.

Who can fix political gridlock? Poll favors Romney - Yahoo! News
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Argumentum ad populum.

Just because a lot of people believe something does not make it true.

Nope, the Democrats would never obstruct. They're so above that. :eek:

Romney is a plutocrat. If he is elected POTUS we can expect many changes but gridlock will remain. Romney believes labor is what holds America back. Business and Industry saddled by high salaries and benefits are suffering; some must move offshore simply to avoid regulations, just to make that second $$$ billion.

"Romney's plan, is Gov. Walker on steroids; break unions, cut salaries and benefits, repeal Obamacare including insurance paid for contraception and outlaw abortion. Yep, they are all connected. The more poor the greater the competition for jobs, hence, the greater profits for plutocrats. The less regulations, the less affordable health care, the more untreated disease and early death by workers, hence a socially engineered society to produce more poor future assets.

Yeah, that's a bit of hyperbole, but, consider what the far right - and Romney is far right - advocate. How can any conclude trickle down economics will work this time?
The funny thing is some of you people believe him. President Lincoln was spot on when he noted, "you can fool some of the people all of the time".

Last edited:
I am not a Romney guy.. but I do think Romney would be better working across the aisle than Obama... Obama has shown nothing in terms of working with the other side.. Romney at least has a history of this... Anyone who says otherwise is simply trying to fool others or fool themselves

Here is Ohio, a heavily run ad is former Gov. and Senator George Voinovich talking about how Romney was able to get things done with a legislature that was 87% Democrat, and how Owebama - being the radical Leftist partisan hack that he is - has divided the Nation.

Forum List

Back