POLL: Republicans Oppose Paul Ryan’s Proposed Changes To Medicare

What I find funny, is liberals say the republicans are old white guys, ant that's all the liberals are on this board.....Roosevelt is dead.....get over it.....

Romney and Ryan will never worry about their own healthcare. Their supporters, who are not so fortunate, will have to struggle for care or do without.

I just gave you the statement that the benefits are defined for EVERY insurance plan to be at least as good as the present benefit of today's Medicare plans.

Under the Romney/Ryan Medicare replacement plan, if an unhealthy senior receives a voucher for a defined amount, and can't find a private insurer willing to accept that amount - what do they do?

Private insurers will cherry pick the most healthy seniors and ignore the unhealthy ones. Like real "death panels". Oh, and what guarantee do the healthy seniors have that they won't be dropped when they get sick - or sicker?

Last edited:
I just gave you the statement that the benefits are defined for EVERY insurance plan to be at least as good as the present benefit of today's Medicare plans.

And so we return full circle to the original point: under Romney-Ryan, seniors are not entitled to any benefit at all. They are entitled instead to a fixed dollar amount--a coupon, a voucher, Romneybucks, whatever you want to call that contribution. They can then look for a set of benefits to put it toward, provided they can pay the remainder of the costs for those benefits themselves.

That's the shift being proposed. It's a fundamental restructuring of the financial risk placed on seniors seeking medical care. And it's not a shift in their favor.

Under the Romney/Ryan Medicare replacement plan, if an unhealthy senior receives a voucher for a defined amount, and can't find a private insurer willing to accept that amount - what do they do?

Private insurers will cherry pick the most healthy seniors and ignore the unhealthy ones. Like real "death panels". Oh, and what guarantee do the healthy seniors have that they won't be dropped when they get sick - or sicker?

All the insurance plans offered will be defined to be at least as good as today's Medicare.

I gave you the link.

Every thread, every topic - your best is moron.

And so we return full circle to the original point: under Romney-Ryan, seniors are not entitled to any benefit at all. They are entitled instead to a fixed dollar amount--a coupon, a voucher, Romneybucks, whatever you want to call that contribution. They can then look for a set of benefits to put it toward, provided they can pay the remainder of the costs for those benefits themselves.

That's the shift being proposed. It's a fundamental restructuring of the financial risk placed on seniors seeking medical care. And it's not a shift in their favor.

Pay attention:

'All insurance plans must offer coverage at least comparable to what Medicare provides today'

The 'traditional' Medicare plan will ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE WITH DEFINED BENEFITS AT LEAST AS GOOD AS TODAY'S.

Last edited:
Keep in mind, the Republicans are fudging their position on killing Medicare now out of political desperation.

Keep in mind, what they really want, what they voted for and what Romney said he would have signed, is the original Ryan voucher plan that would end Medicare, period.

A Republican president and a Republican Senate would put what they really want right back on the table.

Obama is the only one who has gutted Medicare, and his Dealth Panels start working on additional cuts very soon.

That's a perfect example of the fudging I'm talking about. Thanks for providing that.

Pay attention:

'All insurance plans must offer coverage at least comparable to what Medicare provides today'

Medicare

I bet you're getting very close to a coherent point. Don't give up yet!

All the insurance plans offered will be defined to be at least as good as today's Medicare.

I gave you the link.

Every thread, every topic - your best is moron.
They're laughing at your naivety, while the insurance companies and their supporters make big money.

Romney-StopMeWhenYouHearSomethingYouLike.jpg

Why would anyone believe anything Romney says at this point. I sure don't. He's a chronic liar.

His game is to "starve the beast"...immediately or in stages...

Ryan/Romney Medicare will add about $6000 in out of pocket costs to the average Medicare recipient.

The average Medicare recipient's income is $23,000 a year.

So, in effect the Ryan/Romney plan will impose a 25% cost of living increase on average on Medicare recipients.

Pay attention:

Medicare

The baseline defined benefit will ALWAYS be available from the government which is equal to today's Medicare.

Get it?

I mean, do you fucking understand this part yet?

The FLOOR is set for defined benefits equal to today's medicare benefits. PERIOD.

IF competing plans are offered cheaper than the government plan, then a senior would have to pay out of pocket the difference if they wanted to stay on the government plan. And ALL PLANS would have the same benefit floor, but some may be offered cheaper as insurance companies compete.

But let me repeat for you, as you seem to be mildly retarded:

The FLOOR is set for defined benefits equal to today's medicare benefits. PERIOD.

Last edited:
Pay attention:

Medicare

The baseline defined benefit will ALWAYS be available from the government which is equal to today's Medicare.

Get it?

IF competing plans are offered cheaper than the government plan, then a senior would have to pay out of pocket the difference if they wanted to stay on the government plan. And ALL PLANS would have the same benefit floor, but some may be offered cheaper as insurance companies compete.

Is that what the Romney website is telling you - or do you have a credible source?

Pay attention:

The 'traditional' Medicare plan will ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE WITH DEFINED BENEFITS AT LEAST AS GOOD AS TODAY'S.

So, as clearly as you can make it,

tell us where this alleged Romney plan saves any money.

I'm on Medicare as well as my husband. We have to pay premiums each month totalling over $200 for each of us. When my husband joined the army he was promised free lifetime medical for himself and for me. So I object to paying premiums for Medicare due to that. That said, if Ryan's plan takes effect, we will be paying higher premiums compared to Medicare Advantage premiums now. For me that is a deal breaker because at the moment we can at least have a choice between Medicare & Medicare Advantage (these have higher premiums) and our Tricare (military) plan covers the difference that Medicare doesn't pay. So, thumbs down to Romney/Ryan's plan!

images

Where do you live? Because there are over 600 Medicare Advantage plans and you were NOT being honest when you talk about YOUR plan!
Most Plans will NOT have you pay anything because you already pay with your $96.40 deduction per month from SS. I don't! MY Plan doesn't require me paying ANYTHING!
You just made a poor choice!

What do you mean by poor choice? I pay over $100 in premiums. My husband pays about $97 or so. Are you saying that I don't have to pay the premium at all or that I don't have to pay for Medicare advantage? I didn't look at Medicare advantage that closely because I have Tricare as my back up insurance that pays the diffierence that Medicare doesn't. What plan are you on?

Ryan/Romney Medicare will add about $6000 in out of pocket costs to the average Medicare recipient.

The average Medicare recipient's income is $23,000 a year.

So, in effect the Ryan/Romney plan will impose a 25% cost of living increase on average on Medicare recipients.
The very people that Medicare was designed to save.

Get it?

Is that what the Romney website is telling you - or do you have a credible source?

Go hump your boyfriend, assfucker.

Oy, step away from phrases like "defined benefit," you're confusing yourself.

Seniors are not entitled to a slate of benefits, they're entitled to a fixed sum of money to use as they search for benefits (which is true even if you believe that the GOP has re-discovered its love of regulated exchanges and will police benefit offerings). Again, this is the point of the proposed reforms.

Forum List

Back