POLL: Republicans Oppose Paul Ryan’s Proposed Changes To Medicare

People don't even know the Romney / Ryan plan for Medicare.

They aren't cutting shit, and everyone - including those under 55 - get offered traditional Medicare if they want it.

medicarecuts.png

By Tara Culp-Ressler on Aug 17, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Although vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan has put Medicare back in the news by touting his drastic plan to phase out the traditional program, Americans’ opposition to the Republican ticket’s plan for Medicare is consistent across party lines. Two new polls from the Kaiser Family Foundation find that neither Democrats nor Republicans favor overhauling the government program, and a majority of Americans report they would trust Obama over Romney to make the right decisions about health care going forward.

A Kaiser poll released yesterday finds that the future of Medicare is at the forefront of voters’ minds. Among all the health issues that may come into play in the presidential election, voters rank Medicare as their top priority, closely followed by the high cost of health care. A full 73 percent of respondents consider the Medicare program extremely or very important:

medicare-kaiser.png

Furthermore, respondents are uneasy about what a Romney-Ryan ticket could have in store for health care as a whole, including programs like Medicare. Seventy two percent of respondents would put their trust in President Obama when it comes to making decisions about health care reform, while just 40 percent would trust Romney on the same issue.

More: POLL: Republicans Oppose Paul Ryan's Proposed Changes To Medicare | ThinkProgress

Kaiser Poll

Kaiser/Washington Post Poll

YOU have NO IDEA about what you are writing!
NOT ONE plan from Romney/Ryan will AFFECT any of us on Medicare NOW.
BUT Obamacare WILL cut my current Medicare benefits AND still not solve any problem!

I'm currently on Medicare Advantage. It is great. But Obamacare wants to abolish it!

Romney/Ryan want to expand the concept of Medicare advantage plans which when people really understand how Medicare works will come to appreciate their plan and abhor Obama's!

My advantage plan DOES NOT deduct $96.40/month from my social security.
Traditional Medicare does.. right now it would cost me almost $1,156 taken from my check.

Right now it is not deducted.. Which is better to me? Advantage plan which Obama wants to do away with!!!

Right now I visit my doctor.. NO co-pay required because I'm a member of the Medicare Advantage plan.

But if I were a traditional Medicare.. I'd have to pay 20% of doctor visit.
Which is better for me? Obviously the Advantage plan which Obama wants to stop!

Right now every month I can get $50 of over the counter items, i.e. aspirin, bandaids, mouthwash,toothpaste, vitamins,etc.. under my Advantage Plan.
NOTHING like it under traditional Medicare.

So again I get almost $600 a year in savings with my Advantage plan that Obama wants to abolish!

Right there I have almost $2,000 a year that I will have to pay when Obama abolishes Medicare Advantage plans.

So WHY would I have ANY FEAR of Romney/Ryan WHEN THEY WANT TO EXPAND
the Advantage Plan!

OH and the Advantage to Medicare???
Little or NO fraud with Advantage plans.
Each advantage plan is paid by Medicare to manage and their responsibility for fraud!
What is wrong with that??

Taxes paid.. Every one of the Advantage plans that are for profit MUST make a profit.
If they don't they don't get the contract from Medicare.
AND GUESS WHAT folks... THESE for profit advantage plans then HAVE to pay taxes on their profits!

And Obama because he HATES businesses, capitalism "evil profit makers" wants to abolish them! So stupid!

Oh and by the way over 10,000 times a day health care providers come to a company I started to find out if Medicare will pay. I know 100 times more then you how Medicare works if you don't believe me tell me what city you live in and I'll tell you what the largest hospital MARKUPS their bills to Medicare.. I dare you to tell me what city and I'll prove you have NO idea of how Medicare works!

Really? That's news to me...

medicarecuts.png

Although vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan has put Medicare back in the news by touting his drastic plan to phase out the traditional program, Americans’ opposition to the Republican ticket’s plan for Medicare is consistent across party lines. Two new polls from the Kaiser Family Foundation find that neither Democrats nor Republicans favor overhauling the government program, and a majority of Americans report they would trust Obama over Romney to make the right decisions about health care going forward.

A Kaiser poll released yesterday finds that the future of Medicare is at the forefront of voters’ minds. Among all the health issues that may come into play in the presidential election, voters rank Medicare as their top priority, closely followed by the high cost of health care. A full 73 percent of respondents consider the Medicare program extremely or very important:

medicare-kaiser.png

Furthermore, respondents are uneasy about what a Romney-Ryan ticket could have in store for health care as a whole, including programs like Medicare. Seventy two percent of respondents would put their trust in President Obama when it comes to making decisions about health care reform, while just 40 percent would trust Romney on the same issue.

More: POLL: Republicans Oppose Paul Ryan's Proposed Changes To Medicare | ThinkProgress

Kaiser Poll

I'm on Medicare as well as my husband. We have to pay premiums each month totalling over $200 for each of us. When my husband joined the army he was promised free lifetime medical for himself and for me. So I object to paying premiums for Medicare due to that. That said, if Ryan's plan takes effect, we will be paying higher premiums compared to Medicare Advantage premiums now. For me that is a deal breaker because at the moment we can at least have a choice between Medicare & Medicare Advantage (these have higher premiums) and our Tricare (military) plan covers the difference that Medicare doesn't pay. So, thumbs down to Romney/Ryan's plan!

images

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMFF0jNdXwM]Obamacare Devastates Medicare Advantage - YouTube[/ame]

medicarecuts.png

medicare-kaiser.png

Kaiser Poll

I'm on Medicare as well as my husband. We have to pay premiums each month totalling over $200 for each of us. When my husband joined the army he was promised free lifetime medical for himself and for me. So I object to paying premiums for Medicare due to that. That said, if Ryan's plan takes effect, we will be paying higher premiums compared to Medicare Advantage premiums now. For me that is a deal breaker because at the moment we can at least have a choice between Medicare & Medicare Advantage (these have higher premiums) and our Tricare (military) plan covers the difference that Medicare doesn't pay. So, thumbs down to Romney/Ryan's plan!

images

Where do you live? Because there are over 600 Medicare Advantage plans and you were NOT being honest when you talk about YOUR plan!
Most Plans will NOT have you pay anything because you already pay with your $96.40 deduction per month from SS. I don't! MY Plan doesn't require me paying ANYTHING!
You just made a poor choice!

BUT Obamacare WILL cut my current Medicare benefits AND still not solve any problem!

I'm currently on Medicare Advantage. It is great. But Obamacare wants to abolish it!

Romney/Ryan want to expand the concept of Medicare advantage plans which when people really understand how Medicare works will come to appreciate their plan and abhor Obama's!

Traditional Medicare does.. right now it would cost me almost $1,156 taken from my check.

Right now it is not deducted.. Which is better to me? Advantage plan which Obama wants to do away with!!!

Right now I visit my doctor.. NO co-pay required because I'm a member of the Medicare Advantage plan.

Right now every month I can get $50 of over the counter items, i.e. aspirin, bandaids, mouthwash,toothpaste, vitamins,etc.. under my Advantage Plan.

So again I get almost $600 a year in savings with my Advantage plan that Obama wants to abolish!

Right there I have almost $2,000 a year that I will have to pay when Obama abolishes Medicare Advantage plans.

the Advantage Plan!

Each advantage plan is paid by Medicare to manage and their responsibility for fraud!

Taxes paid.. Every one of the Advantage plans that are for profit MUST make a profit.
AND GUESS WHAT folks... THESE for profit advantage plans then HAVE to pay taxes on their profits!

And Obama because he HATES businesses, capitalism "evil profit makers" wants to abolish them! So stupid!

Oh and by the way over 10,000 times a day health care providers come to a company I started to find out if Medicare will pay. I know 100 times more then you how Medicare works if you don't believe me tell me what city you live in and I'll tell you what the largest hospital MARKUPS their bills to Medicare.. I dare you to tell me what city and I'll prove you have NO idea of how Medicare works!

well of course it would be, thinkprogress or the Hufferpost didn't tell you different..

Hey, Linkwhoreta, how about a link or a quote from Ryan's or Romney's economic plan that calls for cutting SS or MC?

It's questions like this that make me think the point hasn't sunken in yet.

Under Romney-Ryan, there is no Medicare benefit anymore. The guaranteed Medicare benefit is replaced by a coupon for an Anthem plan.

That's the point of their approach.

Hey, Linkwhoreta, how about a link or a quote from Ryan's or Romney's economic plan that calls for cutting SS or MC?

Under Romney-Ryan, there is no Medicare benefit anymore. The guaranteed Medicare benefit is replaced by a coupon for an Anthem plan.

LOL

Who told you that, Pelosi?

Here, Bozo:

'differences between Romney and Ryan. Romney, for example, would administer Medicare differently; he would still have the government pay insurers directly, instead of giving seniors a voucher to buy their own insurance.'

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57492469/comparing-romney-and-ryans-ideas-on-medicare/

Now that we have established the fact you haven't a fucking clue, why not just read and learn?

Last edited:

images

Where do you live? Because there are over 600 Medicare Advantage plans and you were NOT being honest when you talk about YOUR plan!
Most Plans will NOT have you pay anything because you already pay with your $96.40 deduction per month from SS. I don't! MY Plan doesn't require me paying ANYTHING!
You just made a poor choice!

Okay, now you're making more sense - because regardless of regular Medicare or Medicare Advantage - you STILL pay the $96.40/month. The difference is that Medicare has to cut your Medicare Advantage private insurer a monthly check.

the Advantage Plan!

Where do you live? Because Nelson of florida in Obamacare one of those "special deals" had Advantage plans like mine in Fl able to NOT have the $96.40 deducted from my SS.
Mine plan also provides $50/month in OTC, NO COPays.. all toll SAVINGs from traditional Medicare of over $2,000/year for me.
The reason is MOST plans prepare a bid for services by county by state.
Medicare reviews the bids and awards to lowest bidder in my case FreedomHealth.
For which Medicare sends Freedom every month a check of $800 for each member.
Out of which Freedom manages my Medicare expenses which have in my case been very nominal. The point is Freedom manages to end up in my case MAKING lots of money because I haven't needed it... they lose are more then they make but when it is all said and done THEY HAVE to make a profit or they won't win the bid next year!
And that's fine with me! Now maybe next year with Obama wanting to screw Advantage plans even more some benefits I've had will be taken away!
Remember Obama hates profits!!!

LOL

Plouffe and/or Sunstein....He's on the e-mail blast list.

NO THAT's NOT TRUE!
Anyone over 55 NOT touched!
Anyone over 55 have choices!
That's the beauty of the free market because everyone is different!
NOT some cog in a central planning committee dictating that WE ALL must
EAT THE SAME FOOD because Medicare says so or else they won't pay!
WE will have more choices and be better for it .. NOT less choices as with Obamacare!

LOL

Plouffe and/or Sunstein....He's on the e-mail blast list.

They figure that have a short window to spam message boards to try and confuse the Congressional budget with the Romney plan, and hope their disinformation creates distrust before they drive-by to their next lie and obfuscation.

NO THAT's NOT TRUE!
WE will have more choices and be better for it .. NOT less choices as with Obamacare!

Well, let's hope you're right. We'll all be learning much more during the next couple months before the election.

LOL

If you can defend Romney-Ryan, do. But to not even know that the entire point is to end Medicare's status as a guaranteed benefit plan? The federal government would no longer be on the hook for the costs of a guaranteed set of medical benefits, seniors would; instead of a defined benefit, they get a defined contribution to put toward an Anthem or Aetna or whatever plan. Hence "savings" for the feds (though not for seniors).

I just don't get it. If you don't understand--or want to understand--the concepts behind the debates of the day, what appeal does spending leisure time on a political discussion board have for you?

That is nonsense! The Romney-Ryan plan changes nothing for those already on Medicare, or for those who will go on Medicare in the next ten years. Those 54 and younger will have a choice to remain on traditional Medicare, or accept a voucher to purchase their own plan in the private market.

You are free to disagree with the Romney-Ryan plan, but you should first attempt to learn what you are disagreeing with.

NO THAT's NOT TRUE!

Well, let's hope you're right. We'll all be learning much more during the next couple months before the election.

I started a business that provides 10,000 times a day information to health care providers if they will be paid by Medicare. So I've dealt with Medicare on a depth that almost all people on this forum have NO idea! As a result everyday I deal with Medicare/providers and I know what I'm talking about .
You can if you are as inclined as I am download all sorts of data regarding Medicare financial statistics. For example in 2008 Medicare request 123 claims for X-ray exam , jaw joint HCPCS code 70332 that total $9,134.56 for which Medicare PAID $6,923.62.
See what I mean? IF I have access to such granular details.. I must have some knowledge and when I tell you that Obamacare was so wrong!

Starting with the totally false premise there are 50 million uninsured!
The Census said 10 million counted as uninsured are NOT citizens!
14 million are covered by Medicaid but were counted as "uninsured"!
18 million under age 34, earn over $50k, and pay their own health bills with no insurance
still were counted as part of the "uninsured"!

Now it passed Pelosi et.al. are NOW calling those 18 million "free-loaders" which is a total lie! These people PAY out of pocket their health bills!

Did you know Obamacare TAXED tanning salons cause they say they caused cancer
BUT NOT one tax on the $100 billion lawyers make off lawsuits that cause according to physicians $600 billion in duplicate tests, referrals to specialists ALL from fear of lawsuits!
Why didn't Obama tax lawyers 10% and that money used to buy health insurance for the
truly 8 million Uninsured that need insurance?
How complicated is that???

Forum List

Back