Poll: Record number of Americans believe in Man-made Climate change

Most Americans won’t spend more more than $1 a month in higher electricity bills to fight global warming, according to a new Associated Press-University of Chicago poll.

Only 57 percent of Americans would be willing to spend the extra cash to fight global warming, according to the poll, and 39 percent said they’d spend up to $10 a month to stave off warming.

The polling means that less than 40 percent of Americans are willing to pay for Obama’s Clean Power Plan. The plan, which is intended to slow global warming, is expected to cost a staggering $41 billion annually, which equates to about $10.74 a month for each American.

Poll: Most Americans Aren’t Willing To Pay For Obama’s Global Warming Plans
So, they believe in it, but they are not personally willing to pay for anything for it, which is because most of uis will be dead before this comes to a head or the benefits of the programs are shown.

This is to be expected... people are short sighted.

So, they believe in it, but they are not personally willing to pay for anything for it

I guess the doom-and-gloomers lying and cheating and exaggerations have had an effect.

Yes, another Poll - Gutting the Clowns who regularly say Americans "don't care".
In fact, that's the main 'argument' of at least a few of them.
Not only a fallacious Argumentum ad Populum, but a wrong/Lying one at that!

Not only do they care about GW, they care about AGW.
We see Record Temps and Record numbers of Americans who acknowledge the trend and cause.

Poll: Record number of Americans believe in man-made climate change
BY JUSTIN WISE - 07/11/18 - TheHill

A record number of Americans believe that global warming is real and that humans are at least partially responsible, according to a new poll from the University of Michigan's Center for Local, State, and Urban Policy.

The survey says that 60% of respondents say that global warming is taking place and that human activity is either primarily or partially why temperatures are rising. That passes a previous high of 58%, which was recorded in 2008, 2009 and 2017.

34% of respondents said that humans were primarily responsible for global warming, while 26% said human activity was partially responsible.

On the other hand, 12% of respondents said that climate change was caused by natural patterns, with another 12% saying they weren't sure if it is occurring at all. 15% of respondents said the climate is not changing.​

In addition, the poll found that more Americans believe there is solid evidence of global warming than at any time since 2008. 73% of respondents agreed with the statement.

There is a stark divide along party lines, with 50% of Republicans saying they believe there is solid evidence of global warming, compared to 90% of Democrats. The divide is the largest since 2008.

The survey was conducted from April 29 to May 25 among a population of 751 adults. The margin of error is 4 percentage points.
`​

Wow, a whole 751 people! What a huuuuuuuge sample size......:haha:

Have you ever taken a statistics class?

Sample Size: How Many Survey Participants Do I Need?

Yeah, clearly more than you,...

Determining the veracity of a parameter or hypothesis as it applies to a large population can be impractical or impossible for a number of reasons, so it's common to determine it for a smaller group, called a sample. A sample size that is too small reduces the power of the study and increases the margin of error, which can render the study meaningless. Researchers may be compelled to limit the sampling size for economic and other reasons. To ensure meaningful results, they usually adjust sample size based on the required confidence level and margin of error, as well as on the expected deviation among individual results.

Small Sample Size Decreases Statistical Power
The power of a study is its ability to detect an effect when there is one to be detected. This depends on the size of the effect because large effects are easier to notice and increase the power of the study.

The power of the study is also a gauge of its ability to avoid Type II errors. A Type II error occurs when the results confirm the hypothesis on which the study was based when, in fact, an alternative hypothesis is true. A sample size that is too small increases the likelihood of a Type II error skewing the results, which decreases the power of the study.

The Effects of a Small Sample Size Limitation

And who wants to come across as a heartless bastard?

Sure, I believe in climate change (but I'm not going to waste...err...invest any money to "fix" it)

So, they believe in it, but they are not personally willing to pay for anything for it
I guess the doom-and-gloomers lying and cheating and exaggerations have had an effect.
Doubt had been sewn in the last decade by Right Wing money as the Koch Brothers.. then our SCUMBAG President.

But actual Temperature Numbers are winning out.
`

`
49753030_10215256185495479_8057087106578644992_n.jpg

`

Lol.....after 20 years of alarmists lobbing bombs, still, nobody gives a wit about opening up their wallet for even a nanosecond to do anything about climate chzge.

The science isnt mattering for dick!!:bye1::bye1:

Watch when the new bimbo in Congress lays out her Green New Deal!:laughing0301::cul2::cul2:

I won't let you off the hook. I believe in climate change but not by humans.

Explain to me how we have had five count them FIVE......FIVE fucking ice ages and we warmed between.
Pardon me, but this is really STUPID.
Just because we've had natural cycles, doesn't mean man isn't influencing climate with some of the same vehicles that nature has used.
Not only are we spewing out Tens of Millions of years of stored Greenhouse gases, we are cutting down the forests that would normally absorb some of them were it not also for humans.

Your Premise is like saying that because there were animal extinctions before man, we can't/couldn't have caused any.

Like so MANY here with a similar red herring premise...You have a low IQ, and are beneath discussion.
It's a shame.
`

I won't let you off the hook. I believe in climate change but not by humans.

Explain to me how we have had five count them FIVE......FIVE fucking ice ages and we warmed between.
Pardon me, but this is really STUPID.
Just because we've had natural cycles, doesn't mean man isn't influencing climate with some of the same vehicles that nature has used.
Not only are we spewing out Tens of Millions of years of stored Greenhouse gases, we are cutting down the forests that would absorb some of them were it not also for humans.

Your Premise is like saying that because there were animal extinctions before man, so we can't/couldn't have caused any.

Like so may here with a similar red herring premise...You have a low IQ, and are beneath discussion.
It's a shame.
`
OK Moron...

How are you proving mans influence and ruling out natural variation... I'll wait

OK Moron...

How are you proving mans influence and ruling out natural variation... I'll wait
Another Dishonest/Dopey/Low IQ tactic.
AGAIN..
The Burden Shift
HE was ruling out human cause, even influence, just because there were natural cycles without us....
Despite, AGAIN, the fact, we are using some of the same vehicles nature has in the past to influence them. (and more).

I mostly post on my WSJ home page and at a High IQ society group board.
You are one of the most noxious irrelevant graphic dumping MORONS here.
goodbye Clown.
`

Hey, even Rick Perry and the rest of the past and present Admin believe.
There aren't too many doubters in the 20 Coastal states even if they're silent Republican numb nuts.

Last edited:
Hey, even Rick Perry and the rest of the past and present Admin believe.
There aren't too many doubters in the 20 Coastal states even if they're silent Republican numb nuts.

Proof you can not fix stupid....^^^^^^^

The idiot circled right back around to the disproved sea rising lie....BWHAAAAAAAaa

Yes, another Poll - Gutting the Clowns who regularly say Americans "don't care".

We see Record Temps and Record numbers of Americans who acknowledge the trend and cause.

A record number of Americans believe that global warming is real and that humans are at least partially responsible, according to a new poll from the University of Michigan's Center for Local, State, and Urban Policy.

The survey says that 60% of respondents say that global warming is taking place and that human activity is either primarily or partially why temperatures are rising. That passes a previous high of 58%, which was recorded in 2008, 2009 and 2017.

34% of respondents said that humans were primarily responsible for global warming, while 26% said human activity was partially responsible.

On the other hand, 12% of respondents said that climate change was caused by natural patterns, with another 12% saying they weren't sure if it is occurring at all. 15% of respondents said the climate is not changing.​

In addition, the poll found that more Americans believe there is solid evidence of global warming than at any time since 2008. 73% of respondents agreed with the statement.

There is a stark divide along party lines, with 50% of Republicans saying they believe there is solid evidence of global warming, compared to 90% of Democrats. The divide is the largest since 2008.

The survey was conducted from April 29 to May 25 among a population of 751 adults. The margin of error is 4 percentage points.
`​
"Believe" LOLZ

sounds just like a Cult

Of course it is real.

You say that as if there were actual evidence to support the claim....

Neither you, nor "science" can provide a single piece of observed, measured evidence which supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability...

Neither you nor "science" can provide a single piece of observed, measured evidence which establishes a coherent relationship between the absorption of IR by a gas, other than water vapor, and warming in the atmosphere...

"Science" hasn't published a single paper in which the hypothetical warming due to our production of greenhouse gasses has been empirically measured, quantified, and blamed on those greenhouse gasses.

Lacking any such basic, and necessary evidence, upon what fantasy do you say "of course it is real"?

Most Americans won’t spend more more than $1 a month in higher electricity bills to fight global warming, according to a new Associated Press-University of Chicago poll.

Only 57 percent of Americans would be willing to spend the extra cash to fight global warming, according to the poll, and 39 percent said they’d spend up to $10 a month to stave off warming.

The polling means that less than 40 percent of Americans are willing to pay for Obama’s Clean Power Plan. The plan, which is intended to slow global warming, is expected to cost a staggering $41 billion annually, which equates to about $10.74 a month for each American.

Poll: Most Americans Aren’t Willing To Pay For Obama’s Global Warming Plans
So, they believe in it, but they are not personally willing to pay for anything for it, which is because most of uis will be dead before this comes to a head or the benefits of the programs are shown.

This is to be expected... people are short sighted.

Yes, stupid people are easily fooled by the deniers' lies and exaggerations. Like the ones you post, for instance.

`​
"Believe" LOLZ

sounds just like a Cult
To a moron like you, maybe....

Forum List

Back