Poll: Rate the Worst Scandal

Which scandal involved the greatest Presidential culpability?

• Watergate (Nixon)

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Iran-Contra (Reagan)

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Lewinski-Lying (Clinton)

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Benghazi (Obama)

Votes: 22 40.0%

• Total voters
Apparently W's eight years are of a different nature. For me personally it is the Teapot Dome scandal. I remember learning about it in grade school. It was one of those times of lose of innocence.

Reagan's Beirut blunder in 1983.

241 Americans needlessly killed, I think that was the number.

Reagan shouldn't have sent American troops on a UN Peacekeeping mission. But the UN request was honored with tragic results

The Multinational Force in Lebanon (also MNF) was an international peacekeeping force created in 1982 and initially sent to Lebanon to oversee the withdrawal of the Palestine Liberation Organization. The participants included contingents of United States Marines and Navy SEALs, French paratroopers, Italian soldiers, and British soldiers.

Yes, 241 dead Marines is correct, as well as 58 French soldiers.

The MNF was given a devastating blow on October 23, when truck bombs driven by suicide bombers hit the U.S. Marine and French Paratrooper barracks in Beirut, killing 241 American servicemen and 58 French soldiers. With this incident, the MNF suffered its greatest number of casualties and drew calls to withdraw from Lebanon.

According to Reagan, he didn't know anything about what Admiral Poindexter and Ollie North were doing in the basement of the WH regarding Iran Contra. So, you would think that conservatives would have been outraged that North hijacked Reagan's presidency and put his administration at risk. But oddly enough, conservatives hailed North as a hero. If you believe Reagan's story (that he didn't know what was going on), then North comes about as close to treason as one can get without actually spying for the enemy and giving them information on your national defenses.

So, was North a hero? Was Reagan a clueless figurehead? Or was Reagan a complicit liar and Ollie was just carrying out his orders?

Reagan was opposed to the spread of Communism that was taking place in Nicaragua and the Democrat Senate apparently adored them. The Boland Amendments, there were a number of them, prohibited Reagan from using any tax-payer funds to fight the Sandinista Communists.

So, Reagan told Poindexter, North and a few others to find a way to get some non-taxpayer funds. They did, by selling arms to Iran, that were brokered by (gasp) Israel, and the profits were used to aid the Contras.

So, fuck all of you commie lovers. If not for Reagan, Central America would be part of the Soviet Union, and they would still be alive and well.

So, you're saying that Reagan intentionally and knowingly broke the law AND lied to the American people, and you're okay with that?

What law did Reagan break?

Am I the only person on here who remembers the Fast & Furious scandel is going on? Obama's involved in two scandels at present! Arguably, Fast & Furious is worse because Obama dilerberatly used Executive Privledge to not make Eric Withholder from releasing documents that would get him fired. That's a pretty big offense in my book. You should add Fast and Furious to this poll.

Am I the only person on here who remembers the Fast & Furious scandel is going on? Obama's involved in two scandels at present! Arguably, Fast & Furious is worse because Obama dilerberatly used Executive Privledge to not make Eric Withholder from releasing documents that would get him fired. That's a pretty big offense in my book. You should add Fast and Furious to this poll.

Fast and who?

another rightie bit of faux rage

its interesting to watch certain people flip on their stances with Iran contra, when just 2 months ago the same people where railing Obama for Fast and Furious.

Which both stories have the same basic idea. Selling arms to other people.

like i said it's very interesting.

So far, I voted for Lewinski-Lying (to a Grand Jury) because that directly involved Clinton. Nixon wasn't involved in the Watergate break in and Reagan wasn't involved at all (lol). Benghazi could top Lewinski because of the deaths involved, but it is still up in the air at this point.

I think Clinton is most culpable, simply because HIS scandal involved his own, direct actions, whereas Benghazi, while more serious and severe in many ways, spread the responsibility and culpability over lots of people besides Obama.

Of course, on the other hand, Obama is the President. Whatever he and his liberal worshippers might think, the buck for his administration ALWAYS stops ultimately with him.

another rightie bit of faux rage

What a gasbag. :D

I could care less how much toukie Kennedy or Clinton got...

Clinton is damaged because he lied under oath abut it during a deposition...
That used to be taken seriously.... I think it's called perjury.

The Libs seem to have selective memory about that.
Just as they do the Iraq war when the Democrat party gave Bush the all clear to invade Iraq...

What man hasn't lied to his wife about getting his dick sucked by someone not his wife?

Lots of them, because despite what liberals claim to believe and, no doubt, fantasize about intensively, not all - or even most - men cheat on their wives. SOME men are decent, civilized human beings . . . but clearly, they aren't liberals.

I could care less how much toukie Kennedy or Clinton got...

Clinton is damaged because he lied under oath abut it during a deposition...
That used to be taken seriously.... I think it's called perjury.

The Libs seem to have selective memory about that.
Just as they do the Iraq war when the Democrat party gave Bush the all clear to invade Iraq...

What man hasn't lied to his wife about getting his dick sucked by someone not his wife?

Lots of them, because despite what liberals claim to believe and, no doubt, fantasize about intensively, not all - or even most - men cheat on their wives. SOME men are decent, civilized human beings . . . but clearly, they aren't liberals.

Like david Vitter or Newt right?

Go on let's see you spin this.

Which of the following scandals involved the greatest Presidential culpability?

Honestly, I don't think any of them were as big of a deal as they were made to be. Nixon would have finished his term had he not covered up the break in.

Obama is trying to cover up his not helping our men and spinning about it. Not much different.

While you might, and I do say that with some reservation, be able to make a case that Obama or people in his administration dropped the ball, no laws were broken. With Watergate and Iran/Contra, laws were definitely broken. You are comparing apples to oranges.

So far, I voted for Lewinski-Lying (to a Grand Jury) because that directly involved Clinton. Nixon wasn't involved in the Watergate break in and Reagan wasn't involved at all (lol). Benghazi could top Lewinski because of the deaths involved, but it is still up in the air at this point.

I think Clinton is most culpable, simply because HIS scandal involved his own, direct actions, whereas Benghazi, while more serious and severe in many ways, spread the responsibility and culpability over lots of people besides Obama.

Of course, on the other hand, Obama is the President. Whatever he and his liberal worshippers might think, the buck for his administration ALWAYS stops ultimately with him.

Bush and most of his cabinet lied about Iraq which cost thousands of troop's lives and hundreds of billions of dollars, but that's ok, the (R)'s did it :rolleyes:

According to Reagan, he didn't know anything about what Admiral Poindexter and Ollie North were doing in the basement of the WH regarding Iran Contra. So, you would think that conservatives would have been outraged that North hijacked Reagan's presidency and put his administration at risk. But oddly enough, conservatives hailed North as a hero. If you believe Reagan's story (that he didn't know what was going on), then North comes about as close to treason as one can get without actually spying for the enemy and giving them information on your national defenses.

So, was North a hero? Was Reagan a clueless figurehead? Or was Reagan a complicit liar and Ollie was just carrying out his orders?

Reagan was opposed to the spread of Communism that was taking place in Nicaragua and the Democrat Senate apparently adored them. The Boland Amendments, there were a number of them, prohibited Reagan from using any tax-payer funds to fight the Sandinista Communists.

So, Reagan told Poindexter, North and a few others to find a way to get some non-taxpayer funds. They did, by selling arms to Iran, that were brokered by (gasp) Israel, and the profits were used to aid the Contras.

So, fuck all of you commie lovers. If not for Reagan, Central America would be part of the Soviet Union, and they would probably still be alive and well.

Um, the Soviet Union is no more.

Benghazi isn't a scandal except to rightwingnuthacks

Assuming that the failure to provide adequate security, though requested numerous times, was an oversite or even denied because someone up the chain thought wasn't really needed.

Assuming for one reason or another, they just couldn't get themselves together early enough to help. They really decided that not having 'clearance' trumped getting in and helping.

Both of these would be causes for clarity, improvements and regret.

The 'scandal' is the aftermath, which seems to have been predicated on an assumption of ignorance writ large of the electorate.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/6379333-post81.html

I'm learning a lot of bad things about Reagan. From Amnesty to this. :(

You’re not learning shit from these idiots, those people are not "Taliban"... The Taliban didn't exist, and there are no women in the Taliban. Those are Mujahidin freedom fighters who were fighting the Soviets. Our support for them drove the Soviets out and hastened the fall of the Soviet Union...Learn something before you believe these idiots

Last edited:
Iran/Contra along with Reagan creating the Taliban that later attacked us on 9/11

reagan_taliban_1985.jpg

For quite some time, Osama Bin Laden was a hero to conservatives.

Who knows..maybe he still is.. :eusa_eh:

You and Black Label should really have your psychiatrists get together. They might be able to collaborate on a more effective medication mix for you both.

And no, I'm not even going to dignify your horseshit rewrite of reality with a rebuttal. That might get you thinking you're a human being.

Which of the following scandals involved the greatest Presidential culpability?

How far back we going? Grant had a big one. Then there was Teapot Dome, Watergate, Iran-contra. Funny how they were all Republican scandals. The best they could get on the Dems were Kennedy's and Clinton's extra-curricular activities. Hardly on a par with the way the Reps carried on! :cool:

All of the Democrap scandals get swept under the rug eventually.

Chappaquiddick
Whitewater Billing
Barney Franks' scandals
Sandy Berger's Docs in Socks
Weinergate
Eliot Spitzer
Jack Murtha and Abscam
Gary Studds molestation scandal
Marion Barry coke sting
Jerry Springer prostitution

That's because the GOP is a "Big Tent" party, and the Democrats are a "Big Rug" party. Works well, because not only do they sweep everything under the rug, they also lie like a rug.

Forum List

Back