Poll Question I heard on the radio today

I don't think so - Having different ways and different cultures is what makes it interesting and curious to go to another Country. But then again, is this in general or any particular way of being alike?

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Would the rest of the world be better off if it were more like the U.S.A. ?
The rest of the world might be better but we'd sure fare worse. What makes us so successful is that hardly anyone else offers what we do- the amount of resources and freedoms.

Originally posted by janeeng
I don't think so - Having different ways and different cultures is what makes it interesting and curious to go to another Country. But then again, is this in general or any particular way of being alike?

In a capitalist and represenative democracy way. :)

Other countries would still have their own cultures.

Originally posted by Moi
The rest of the world might be better but we'd sure fare worse. What makes us so successful is that hardly anyone else offers what we do- the amount of resources and freedoms.
How would that take away from our freedoms or resources?

How would that take away from our freedoms or resources?
Talented and intelligent people come here because we offer something other countries don't. Not all of our talented individuals were born and raised here- I might even say few.

If there were many other places which offered the same freedoms that we do, along with our resources, some if not many of those talented people would go (or stay) elsewhere.

Works just like splitting the vote...

We'd be worse off for not having the incredible mix of people that we have now. I don't think that would mean less freedoms.

Why do they come here?
Since I was born here, you'd have to ask them. However, I know why I STAY here:

freedom of speech, press, religion
right to own a gun
ability to work a job I like
ability to not work a job
ability to spend my salary on what I want (exclusive of taxes)
ability to deny/accept medical treatments
ability to move freely
ability to not move freely
the fact that the majority of this country speaks english
the fact that the majority of this country is tolerant
the fact that the majority of our people are kind

There's more but you get the idea. I stay here because I choose to. Now, if Italy, Haiti, Japan, whatever offered all the above maybe I'd consider moving. Maybe I like the climate better in Russia. Maybe I like the food better in Italy. But the overhelming love I have is for my way of life...it supercedes my need for siberian winters.

Originally posted by Moi
Talented and intelligent people come here because we offer something other countries don't. Not all of our talented individuals were born and raised here- I might even say few.

If there were many other places which offered the same freedoms that we do, along with our resources, some if not many of those talented people would go (or stay) elsewhere.
Yeah, and then who'd run the 7-Eleven's? :D

Forum List

Back