Poll: Parents v/s Halloween Costumes

What are your limits on Halloween Costumes?

• We do not observe Halloween.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No scary costumes.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No bloody/gory costumes.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No slutty costumes.

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nienna

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2005
Ohio
Parents, do you allow your kids to dress in scary, gory, or slutty costumes? You can choose more than one option.

By "scary," I mean monsters, witches, ghosts, etc, but not bloody.

Parents, do you allow your kids to dress in scary, gory, or slutty costumes? You can choose more than one option.
i can't vote in this one because my kids still get their costumes picked by me. Nathan was Draco Malfoy last year (only because Nathan has blond hair), this year he is Buzz Lightyear because he has been obsessed with Toy Story for the last month. Ben is going as a bumblebee.

when they get older, i don't care what they dress as, as long as it is nothing obscene or tasteless.

Halloween is SUPPOSED to be scary and/or gory. One year, Tim dressed as a hit-by-car road worker. He took his old reflective vest and a tire and spraypaint and painted a tire track on it, plenty of fake blood and a few of those hollywood special effects prosthetics on his face and arm to look like road rash...some people thought he really got hit when we walked around at the Mall of America.

Nothing slutty for my daughter - beyond that, I don't have problems w/ the kids dressing up. :)

For MOMMY, on the other hand...well, it ain't slutty - but I think it'll be HOT

[ame]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000GI1L36.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS384_V63028148_.jpg[/ame]

Giggity....Giggity....Goooo....

daughter will be a princess

son will be the grim reaper

dad will be skeleton court jester

mom will be at home passing out candy

We stay away from anything that is gory and/or evil-looking. Absolutely no devils or witches. I think it is sad when I see litle girls dressed up as witches.

My daughters want to go as "Hex Girls." This is a cartoon of a band, but the Hex Girls have witchy imagery and call themselves a "coven."

Still deciding.

As a parent wannabe, I'd have to say my limitation is on slutty costumes. I don't want my children dressing up like sluts or in the Playboy bunny outfits.

Forum List

Back