Poll on UHC - Will it become Law or not?

Will UHC become Law in any form???

• No (Obama will VETO it after it gets thru)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
Healthcare Reform passed in the House by three votes. Not bi-partisan by any stretch. Now it heads to the Senate where it may end up like Cap & Trade and go nowhere, or it could get re-written and passed in some form.

This is a poll to see if we believe it will BECOME LAW in any form....

This bill is going to be DOA. (Dead on Arrival). If any politician has any future political aspirations, they best take a good close look at all of this crap, and vote no. Voting yes is going to be a career killer. Another thing is I don't believe anything they pass will be Constitutional and will end up going to the Supreme Court long before it ever hits the streets. Hopefully, the Supreme Court Judges will have enough brains to stop this thing dead in it's tracks if it does make it into law. Never in the history of this country has the government mandated a person to buy anything. How can they mandate a person to buy health care insurance if they don't want to buy it? I don't believe that they can.

I don't know, but I do find it somewhat amusing that the bill, as it now stands, would make criminals of the Amish.

Last edited:
Not at all, Rab. The Senate Dems will pull it if they have to. They have been waiting for the House bill all along. Now the Dem war chants are going to demonize you folks and your beliefs to the American public. You think you were presented hatefully in 2008?

Not at all, Rab. The Senate Dems will pull it if they have to. They have been waiting for the House bill all along. Now the Dem war chants are going to demonize you folks and your beliefs to the American public. You think you were presented hatefully in 2008?

So sayeth Jake, King of the Unsubstantiated Statement!
Weren't you on here a few weeks talking abouthow the Dems were going to sweep the governor races?

The bill will pass.

Public Option will be pared down to a meaninless plan

Healthcare will be upgraded in future bills

I don't know, but I do find it somewhat amusing that the bill, as it now stands, would make criminals of the Amish.

That is one hardcore extremist group I will defend ... they practice what they preach to the best of their ability yet ... they don't really preach to non-believers. ;)

Harry Reid stated that he cannot pass a health care reform bill with a "public option."

Idiot Nancy Pelosi stated she cannot pass a health care reform bill without a "public option."

So we have DEMOCRATS against DEMOCRATS--because both have major majorities in both houses--LOL.

If they're smart they may want to look at the Republican health care plan--& work between that one.

Because anyone who voted for this 2000 page monster--in reality just committed political suicide.

The bill will pass.

Agreed. Only 16 Dems are up for re-election in the Senate next year, mostly from "safe" (read: gerrymandered over the past three decades) districts, so there's easily enough support to pass some version of this on a straight floor vote.

I doubt a Republican-mounted filibuster would last, or be effective: they have exactly 40 Republican Senators (not counting Lieberman, who is again flirting with political suicide by hinting he'd support one).

Two guesses to any Republicans here on how they think most media outlets would portray a Republican filibuster that drags the government to a halt for a few weeks... (the word, "obstructionist" comes to mind). And if a single Republican in the Senate caves to pressure at home, or is tempted by some "tweaking" of the bill - paring down the public option, or adding a 'trigger' or whatever - then the filibuster is over.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that the Democrats are primarily answerable to a base of voters that are probably more liberal than the Senate is, and with groups like MoveOn.org on their backs, and the endorsements of the American Medical Association (AMA) the American Cancer Society, and AARP providing political cover, it seems very very likely that they're going to the mat for this.

(Reality check for me: Democrats have a history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, so nothing is sure...)

The bill will pass.

Agreed. Only 16 Dems are up for re-election in the Senate next year, mostly from "safe" (read: gerrymandered over the past three decades) districts, so there's easily enough support to pass some version of this on a straight floor vote.

I doubt a Republican-mounted filibuster would last, or be effective: they have exactly 40 Republican Senators (not counting Lieberman, who is again flirting with political suicide by hinting he'd support one).

Two guesses to any Republicans here on how they think most media outlets would portray a Republican filibuster that drags the government to a halt for a few weeks... (the word, "obstructionist" comes to mind). And if a single Republican in the Senate caves to pressure at home, or is tempted by some "tweaking" of the bill - paring down the public option, or adding a 'trigger' or whatever - then the filibuster is over.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that the Democrats are primarily answerable to a base of voters that are probably more liberal than the Senate is, and with groups like MoveOn.org on their backs, and the endorsements of the American Medical Association (AMA) the American Cancer Society, and AARP providing political cover, it seems very very likely that they're going to the mat for this.

(Reality check for me: Democrats have a history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, so nothing is sure...)

Very simplistic analysis.
The fact is the majority of Americans are against this bill. WHatever the polling on health care reform, people understand they are not getting it with this bill. What they are getting are higher taxes and less choice--exactly the opposite of what was promised.
Democrats are a big coalition, and that includes some real conservatives. They can read polls and they can read election results and they know they are making a big mistake voting for this turd.
No, if they had the votes this would have been law already. As it is, the only way a bill made it out of Baucus' committee was not having what the House bill has. They cannot be reconciled.
It will not pass.

Forum List

Back