Poll on "diversity" vs "security"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kyzr, Nov 30, 2010.

?

Do we want "high risk" immigrants in the US???

1. Yes, "diversity" trumps all

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Yes, we need to show muslims kindness so they eventually like us

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No. Letting them in is not worth the risk to fellow citizens

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  1. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630
    IMHO the latest terror attack <attempt> was yet another warning that the US is in for a major terror attack. The FBI did a nice job of preventing the latest attack, but since the MSM has blabbed every detail of how they caught him, the next terrorists may not be as stupid. <how did that Somali clown get into Oregon State anyway?>

Any terrorist who is paying attention to the "profiling" that the TSA/FBI uses can probably avoid suspicion thanks to the MSM.

Here is a poll to see how many of us actually want these potential terrorists in the US.
    Why are they here? <diversity??>
    Who lets them in? <Dept of Jihad?>
    Would we rather them be deported?

Please VOTE

2. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630
    Maybe I should have added another option, that they should take a hint when their mosques get burned down and leave?

3. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,567
    No, you worded the "yes" differently than I'd answer. I'd say "yes," freedom trumps all.

If we always had this sort of befuddled attitude regarding who can and cannot immigrate here, we wouldn't be America.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630
    What does "freedom" have to do with preventing Islamic Terrorism? That "freedom" wording translates to "terrorists have the right to commit terror attacks"

5. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,567
    You never heard the old saying about giving up freedom for security, is not freedom? Well, I think it applies here. That "freedom" wording does not translate to what you say that it does.

It didn't in this very case.

6. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630
    Not allowing high-risk immigrants into the US does not reduce our freedoms. On the contrary, many of the terrorists neighbors have said that they will move. Further, having them here reduces our freedoms, such as freedom from fear when congregating or using public transportation.
    Allowing the high-risk demographic into the US is giving up freedoms, as the TSA screenings have demonstrated. Your perspective is ass-backwards.

7. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,567
    Freedom from fear?

No, your perspective on Freedom is ass backwards. You're stating that the actions of some should negatively effect all. That's not freedom.

8. Granny

Granny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,270
    It used to be that people with criminal pasts (or who were suspected of a criminal past) did not gain entry into the US or if they did, they were deported. Today? Not so much. We don't want to hurt anybody's feelings.

There is nothing I know of in the immigration laws of any country that says "send me your criminals, perverts and enemies." Why should American be any different? We need to crack down hard on our immigration laws and enforce them. Better yet, we should just put our immigration "quota" down to zero for all countries until we can straighten out the mess we already have.

I'm sorry - but part of the "enemy within" are those who want totally open borders and forgiveness for all. I'm afraid that this time - and it's coming - America is not going to be so lucky - the battle ground is going to be on our soil. And who is going to come to our aid as we have to so many other countries? No one.

All we have to do is look at history and look at today's world conflict to figure out that there will never be "one world governance with peace, love and prosperity for all." At least not in this lifetime.

9. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630
    Your reply is totally abstract and makes no sense. You did not address the freedoms we lose when the high-risk demographic is here, and freedom from fear is a real consideration, otherwise we wouldn't notice unattended bags.
    I gave you examples of the TSA screenings we need to put up with, that affects our freedom to travel.
    Freedom from fear happens when we travel on public transportation, or gather to light a Christmas tree.
    You on the other hand did not provide one example of what freedoms are gained by allowing them here.

Let me clue you in, the actions of "some" do in-fact negatively affect us all. IMHO we need to reduce that "some" demographic, because we can, and its the smart thing to do.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,567
    What freedoms are gained by allowing "them" here, is "their" freedom to come here, and live in a "free" Country. The same as this Country's always been.

Traveling by plane is a luxury. Not a "Freedom." You pay for it, you pay a private company to fly on their plane. And despite what you say, "freedom from fear" is the actual abstract. It can never happen, ever. It doesn't matter who you profile. It doesn't matter how many white males you deport from our Country, the "fear" of Rape will always be there.