Poll.....Obama won debate

Why is McCain refusing to wear a flag pin on his lapel?

OXFORD, Mississippi (CNN) — A national poll of people who watched the first presidential debate suggests that Barack Obama came out on top, but there was overwhelming agreement that both Obama and John McCain would be able to handle the job of president if elected.

The CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey is not a measurement of the views of all Americans, since only people who watched the debate were questioned and the audience included more Democrats than Republicans.

Fifty-one percent of those polled thought Obama did the best job in Friday night’s debate, while 38 percent said John McCain did the best.

The CNN Wire: Latest updates on top stories - Blogs from CNN.com

All the scientific polls I'm seeing show voters think Obama won the debate. Especially undecided voters.

The people who think McCain won, are largely highly partisan, two-time Bush voters. No surprise there.

That said, overall it was a good debate. Both candidates demonstrated a depth and knowledge of world affairs and foreign policy. They both passed the commander in chief test. And a tie goes to Obama. Because he's the one who is more unknown, and has to prove the gravitas to be president. He totally looked presidential, and I think the polls reflect that.

You know who was the biggest loser last night? Sarah Palin, the pitbull with lipstick. McCain and Obama set a standard she won't be able to meet, given her two painful interviews on network TV.

Biden was out last night on all the cable news shows, mixing it up and defending his Boss. Where the fuck was Sarah Palin? Why is she still hiding? Why doesn't the GOP trust her to get out on a cable news show, and mix it up to defend her own boss????

Not only was he dropping names, but he was using canned rhetoric.

Didn't hear squat about anything of substance from McInsane though.

I wonder why?

Obama Campaign: Watch The Debate On CNN

I just received the following text from the official Obama text message number (62262) which first sent out the Vice Presidential news:

Watch Barack debate John McCain tonight at 9pm Eastern on CNN. Also, remind friends to register to vote at VoteForChange.com. Please forward this message.

Looks like Obama lost. Thanks for the information.

Nice way to try to raise expectations on Obama so you can come back and say "but he ONLY got (fill in the blanks) points"...

As of yesterday, Rasmussen had Obama up by 5. There aren't that many more votes to get, quite frankly. I think both of them have max'd out their "base".. and the stragglers that are left aren't going to decide til AFTER the next debates since they've held out this long.

And the next debates are Palin (unless she gets replaced)/Biden. And the debate on domestic issues between Obama/McCain and Obama is going to do even better on that one since last night's was supposed to be his weakest. Yet he won anyway. Maybe not by a huge margin. But I think the numbers will bear out a win,

Even though the debate was suppose to be foreign affairs, a great deal was domestic issues. I believe Mccain did unexpectly well against Obama on domestic issues. Btw I understand why they discussed domestic issues, it was justified.

I lost most of my remain respect for McCain when he kept bashing others. He says Russia does no understand we will defend Georgia. There were multiple other instances where he said Obama does not understand this or that. Obama was the bigger man and did not respond in kind, but if you looked you could see him chuckle it off.

Forum List

Back