Poll.....Obama won debate

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
OXFORD, Mississippi (CNN) — A national poll of people who watched the first presidential debate suggests that Barack Obama came out on top, but there was overwhelming agreement that both Obama and John McCain would be able to handle the job of president if elected.

The CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey is not a measurement of the views of all Americans, since only people who watched the debate were questioned and the audience included more Democrats than Republicans.

Fifty-one percent of those polled thought Obama did the best job in Friday night’s debate, while 38 percent said John McCain did the best.

The CNN Wire: Latest updates on top stories - Blogs from CNN.com

OXFORD, Mississippi (CNN) — A national poll of people who watched the first presidential debate suggests that Barack Obama came out on top, but there was overwhelming agreement that both Obama and John McCain would be able to handle the job of president if elected.

The CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey is not a measurement of the views of all Americans, since only people who watched the debate were questioned and the audience included more Democrats than Republicans.

Fifty-one percent of those polled thought Obama did the best job in Friday night’s debate, while 38 percent said John McCain did the best.

I wonder why?

Obama Campaign: Watch The Debate On CNN

I just received the following text from the official Obama text message number (62262) which first sent out the Vice Presidential news:

Watch Barack debate John McCain tonight at 9pm Eastern on CNN. Also, remind friends to register to vote at VoteForChange.com. Please forward this message.

I thought McCain won and predicted a 4 point bounce for him come Tuesday. If that poll is right Obama should get a much bigger bounce than that.

I guess we will see in a few days time. :cool:

The audience included more democrats than republicans. So the poll is meaningless.

Like I said in another thread. I always knew that this day would come.......

The day that a rich old white dude with a silver spoon in his mouth got owned by a black man.

How ironic........

The day that a rich old white dude with a silver spoon in his mouth got owned by a black man.

How ironic........
but you are wrong
Obama didnt win

How ironic........
Lemme guess...

Nicole Simpson got what was coming to her.

Sometimes you see and hear what you want to see and hear. On substance and change Obama clearly won, if anyone really wins these things. I did notice how the use of slogans has changed for republicans, McCain blamed Washington not government? He is part of both but he sidestepped that fact. He also repeated the tired we need to reduce spending slogan, this from the party that is bankrupting the nation in an illegal war and ridiculous tax policies. But what do voters hear is the key. I remember listening to Bush with some republicans and I thought HUH!

Fucker spammed me like 4 text messages.

Not Obama's fault if McCain doesn't tap into technology...

Plus, I didn't see anyone twist your arm to give your phone number to Obama's campaign. :eusa_whistle:

:eusa_whistle:

and pppppsssssssssssstttttttttt... it was TWO messages... not four (unless people you know forwarded them to you)...

It's that whole truthiness thang. ;)

Yeah, I signed up on Obama's website to find out who his VP was. I then unsigned up, but I still get texts. I'm sending him my texting bill along with my bill for my part of the bailout.

I thought McCain won and predicted a 4 point bounce for him come Tuesday. If that poll is right Obama should get a much bigger bounce than that.

I guess we will see in a few days time. :cool:

Nice way to try to raise expectations on Obama so you can come back and say "but he ONLY got (fill in the blanks) points"...

As of yesterday, Rasmussen had Obama up by 5. There aren't that many more votes to get, quite frankly. I think both of them have max'd out their "base".. and the stragglers that are left aren't going to decide til AFTER the next debates since they've held out this long.

And the next debates are Palin (unless she gets replaced)/Biden. And the debate on domestic issues between Obama/McCain and Obama is going to do even better on that one since last night's was supposed to be his weakest. Yet he won anyway. Maybe not by a huge margin. But I think the numbers will bear out a win,

Yeah, I signed up on Obama's website to find out who his VP was. I then unsigned up, but I still get texts. I'm sending him my texting bill along with my bill for my part of the bailout.

All you have to do is type "STOP" as a reply in your text, and they'll stop texting you. No need to add to the beaurocratic layover that already exists.

The audience included more democrats than republicans. So the poll is meaningless.

what happened? did Democrats bus themselves in? Mississippi is a traditionally Republican state is it not?

I do laugh at statements like this... ya'll are the biggest bunch of fucking babies I've ever seen...

Clearly, John McCain dominated the debate last night. But if you had put a live gorrilla on the stage, it would have dominated.

John McCain was very aggressive in his attacks against Obama, while Obama kept agreeing with McCain and focused on answering the questions. The result was that Obama appeared to be infinitely more Presidential and McCain appeared divisive and political.

The worst 'gaffe' of the debate was when McCain said that Obama didn't know the difference between strategy and tactics. He also said that Iraq was the central battlegroud between us and Al Queda.

Obama then presented a clear strategy for moving that battleground from Iraq to Bin Laden's doorstep. He then presented a clear strategy for winning the war on terrorism based on a global foriegn policy. Finally, he showed that by considering the surge to be a 'Strategy', it was McCain that did not know the difference between strategy and tactics.

If you view the debates as pugilistic entertainment, then you may believe that McCain won. But if you view it as a process for deciding which will make the better President, then Obama clearly won.

Even in a pugilistic sense it was like watching McCain force Obama up against the ropes, but it was Obama scoring all the significant blows.

This election is a contest experience vs. wisdom. However, experience is a negative attribute when that experience is a history of doing everything wrong.

Obama showed superior knowledge, leadership, wisdom and strategic thinking.

McCain showed aggression, devisiveness, dishonesty, a disregard for the working people, and strategic short sightedness.

Obama was infinitely more Presidential than McCain and clearly won the debate.

(it was an awful lot like the Lincoln-Douglas debates where Douglas dominated but anyone reading the transcipt would agree that Lincoln won).

Forum List

Back