Poll - Obama/Nobel Peace Prize

Having followed these threads closely throughout the day this does not surprise me. It seems to me that most people think that it was too soon and that he may possibly be deserving of it in the future, just not yet. And for the most part, that doesn't seem to be just one side's opinion but most of those who are not just plain partisan hacks seem to feel that way.

I wonder what TM thinks of this? Where has she been today?

Immie

Newsvine - Is President Obama deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize?

Did Obama deserve the Nobel?

Vote.

I think that the results may surprise you.

it does surprise me...coming from MSNBC.

I dont want to go into that. I'd like for this thread to not sink to a "liberal media vs. Fox News" thread. Theres hundreds around here I'm sure.

What I meant was, given the responses from USMB which seem to be pretty evenly split, the results are surprising (to me at least).

I wasnt too clear on what I meant, sorry.

Having followed these threads closely throughout the day this does not surprise me. It seems to me that most people think that it was too soon and that he may possibly be deserving of it in the future, just not yet. And for the most part, that doesn't seem to be just one side's opinion but most of those who are not just plain partisan hacks seem to feel that way.

Immie

Whos TM?

Immie

Whos TM?

Sorry, TruthMatters. Some call her "Truth Never Matters".

She's a sweetheart if you can get around her love for the Democratic Party and her hatred of anything right of third base.

Immie

Immie

Whos TM?

She's a sweetheart if you can get around her love for the Democratic Party and her hatred of anything right of third base.

Immie

Oh ok.

I havent memorized everyones name here yet :tongue:

Immie

Oh ok.

I havent memorized everyones name here yet :tongue:

You think I have? :tongue:

TM and I go way, way back. We butt heads all the time, but we have struck up a friendship.

She used to tell me that she was not a partisan hack and that I would see that when the Democrats took office. She would say that when they did, she would not let them get away with anything as she refused to do with the Republicans, but, the truth of the matter is that she simply disappeared edit: after the proper period of gloating that is when President Obama took office. I don't think she can do that in fact, I know she can't.

Immie

Last edited:
I cannot say I am too surprised by this poll...any clear-thinking adult can see that Obama simply hasn't done anything to warrant a nomination, let alone the award.

Perhaps he will sometime in the future, but this is ridiculous, and is an insult to those who actually worked for their Nobel awards.

I cannot say I am too surprised by this poll...any clear-thinking adult can see that Obama simply hasn't done anything to warrant a nomination, let alone the award.

Perhaps he will sometime in the future, but this is ridiculous, and is an insult to those who actually worked for their Nobel awards.

You know, I agree with that 100%. But around here that makes me a partisan hack :cuckoo:

It certainly is ridiculous for him to have won, especially when nominations were made in February, not even a month after he took office. Besides, he won for his foreign policy. Last I checked, Hillary was spear-heading that front, not Obama.

Nearly 75% say he did not deserve it.

This thing is a fiasco for Obama - only the die hard leftists are supportive of this - the rest of the country is left shaking its head and/or laughing.

All the while, unemployment continues to rise, Afghanistan becomes increasingly dangerous, the Congressional Dem infighting is reaching epic proportions, the dollars is being beaten down, and the debt is blowing up more than at any time since WWII.

Yikes.

This thing is a fiasco for Obama - only the die hard leftists are supportive of this - the rest of the country is left shaking its head and/or laughing.

All the while, unemployment continues to rise, Afghanistan becomes increasingly dangerous, the Congressional Dem infighting is reaching epic proportions, the dollars is being beaten down, and the debt is blowing up more than at any time since WWII.

Yikes.

But according to a poll presented by Chris Matthews, the rest of the world loves us. Is that because we are sinking fast?

Yikes!

Immie

Yikes.

All thanks to the Republicans and Bush.

Yikes.

whatever you say, Monica.

Yikes.

whatever you say, Monica.

Wrong president. Fail.

Newsvine - Is President Obama deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize?

Did Obama deserve the Nobel?

Vote.

I think that the results may surprise you.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Nobody expected him to earn it, and honestly I don't see anything that has come to fruition that would earn him that award. It came prematurely, before any of the wars the US got involved in have concluded, he hasn't had enough time to forge anything diplomatically...

That is absurd.

Obama has almost single handedly destroyed islamic extremism.

Hezbollah was ahead in the polls in Lebanon until Obama made his speech in Cairo. Then they lost.

The Pakistanis refused to take on the Taliban until Obama took office. Then the political climate changed, and it became possible politically possible for them to attack the Taliban.

Obama's peace overtures to Iran destroyed the Mullah's mythology of the war mongering America. The Mullahs then lost the election and were forced to steal it, thus destroying their claim to be the legitimate government of Iran.

New Topics

Forum List

Back