Poll: Most Jewish Israelis say Iran strike less risky than nuclear threat

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS5Xpdu4ELE]Sex with Animals in Islam - YouTube[/ame]

So Israel can't attack Iran without US help? Geez, great. And you all argue that the US doesn't protect Israel through war?
Personally, I think that if Israel attacks Iran it'll be like the guy who farts at a party, everyone just slowly walks away.

Of course, it can. Israel can destroy the main enrichment facility at Natanz, the military research complex at Parchin, where nuclear weapons and missile research is carried out, the small reactors at Tehran, Isfahan and the sites for proposed reactors at Arak, etc. About the only site that would be very difficult to take out from the air would be the new facility at Fordow, but the fact that the IDF has recently begun practicing large scale parachute drops after a lapse of many years suggests to me that Israel may be planning a ground operation in addition to the aerial attack. Of course the Israelis would also seek out Shahab 3 missile launchers to limit Iran's ability to retaliate.

However, no matter how efficient and effective the Israelis might be, because of limitations imposed by the need to refuel and rearm, it might take them two or three or more attacks to achieve what the US could accomplish in a single prolonged attack from its carrier groups in the Gulf. Alternatively, if the US were to allow Israeli planes to refuel and rearm on its carriers, the Israelis would be capable of accomplishing it all in one longer attack since it will be sending the about the same number and type of attack aircraft as the two carrier groups carry.

Obama's not going to attack Iran like that, he'll just leave the Israelis hanging on their own, as Iran doesn't directly threaten the US anyways, and hell, we can't even take a shithole like Afghanistan, you think that we can beat Iran? Look what happened in Irak and Iran is much, much, bigger, with way more nasty people.

There have been recent reports that the Pentagon has drawn up plans to support an Israeli attack on Iran's nuclear weapons and long range missile programs, so this option is at least under consideration, and since recent polls show the majority of Americans support military action against Iran to prevent it from acquiring nuclear weapons and Wikileaks has exposed diplomatic cables showing most US Arab allies want the US to attack Iran's nuclear weapons programs, it would make good political sense for Obama to support or join an Israeli attack on these programs. However, if the US for some reason did not support an Israeli attack, Israel has the capability to do serious damage to Iran's nuclear weapons and long range missile programs by itself, and if the sanctions stay in place, Iran will not be able to rebuild these programs.

Iran is presently a direct threat to US interests in the ME and the fact that it is trying to develop the Shahab 7 missile which would be capable of delivering nuclear warheads to the US east coast and hundreds of miles inland, placing well over 100,000,000 American lives at risk, suggests the Iranian regime intends to become a direct threat to the US.

Our experiences in Iraq and Afghanistan are irrelevant since no is considering an occupation or nation building in Iran, just aerial assaults and special forces operations and perhaps naval battles.

Of course, it can. Israel can destroy the main enrichment facility at Natanz, the military research complex at Parchin, where nuclear weapons and missile research is carried out, the small reactors at Tehran, Isfahan and the sites for proposed reactors at Arak, etc. About the only site that would be very difficult to take out from the air would be the new facility at Fordow, but the fact that the IDF has recently begun practicing large scale parachute drops after a lapse of many years suggests to me that Israel may be planning a ground operation in addition to the aerial attack. Of course the Israelis would also seek out Shahab 3 missile launchers to limit Iran's ability to retaliate.

However, no matter how efficient and effective the Israelis might be, because of limitations imposed by the need to refuel and rearm, it might take them two or three or more attacks to achieve what the US could accomplish in a single prolonged attack from its carrier groups in the Gulf. Alternatively, if the US were to allow Israeli planes to refuel and rearm on its carriers, the Israelis would be capable of accomplishing it all in one longer attack since it will be sending the about the same number and type of attack aircraft as the two carrier groups carry.

Obama's not going to attack Iran like that, he'll just leave the Israelis hanging on their own, as Iran doesn't directly threaten the US anyways, and hell, we can't even take a shithole like Afghanistan, you think that we can beat Iran? Look what happened in Irak and Iran is much, much, bigger, with way more nasty people.

There have been recent reports that the Pentagon has drawn up plans to support an Israeli attack on Iran's nuclear weapons and long range missile programs, so this option is at least under consideration, and since recent polls show the majority of Americans support military action against Iran to prevent it from acquiring nuclear weapons and Wikileaks has exposed diplomatic cables showing most US Arab allies want the US to attack Iran's nuclear weapons programs, it would make good political sense for Obama to support or join an Israeli attack on these programs. However, if the US for some reason did not support an Israeli attack, Israel has the capability to do serious damage to Iran's nuclear weapons and long range missile programs by itself, and if the sanctions stay in place, Iran will not be able to rebuild these programs.

Iran is presently a direct threat to US interests in the ME and the fact that it is trying to develop the Shahab 7 missile which would be capable of delivering nuclear warheads to the US east coast and hundreds of miles inland, placing well over 100,000,000 American lives at risk, suggests the Iranian regime intends to become a direct threat to the US.

Our experiences in Iraq and Afghanistan are irrelevant since no is considering an occupation or nation building in Iran, just aerial assaults and special forces operations and perhaps naval battles.

I don't see the US helping at all, and I sure hope that they don't. But Israel is a sovereign nation, if they feel they must do this, they will, that's their call, I'm down with that.
As for Iran hitting the US with a nuke. Ain't gonna happen, Iran gets at least 1,000 nukes up their ass 10 minutes later. So no, I don't see that happening. I don't see them as a theat at all, either, that's the Jewish lobby talking.

I don't see the US helping at all, and I sure hope that they don't. But Israel is a sovereign nation, if they feel they must do this, they will, that's their call, I'm down with that.
As for Iran hitting the US with a nuke. Ain't gonna happen, Iran gets at least 1,000 nukes up their ass 10 minutes later. So no, I don't see that happening. I don't see them as a theat at all, either, that's the Jewish lobby talking.

IMA DUNCE :badgrin:

US: Iran Supporting al Qaeda Treasury Targets Key Al-Qa

Forum List

Back