Poll: Massachusetts Health Care Plan Gets High Marks

Feb 2, 2011
A new survey of citizens in MA shows a majority satisfied with 'RomneyCare'. Looks like Romney will have a hard time dismissing the success of 'RomneyCare' when he tries to play that card against 'ObamaCare'.

Massachusetts Health Care Plan Gets High Marks: Poll

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A large majority of Massachusetts residents are satisfied with the commonwealth's subsidized health plan, which has components similar to the Obama administration's federal plan, according to a poll released on Thursday.

The poll by Market Decisions, a research and consulting group, found that 84 percent of residents are satisfied with the Massachusetts plan, which requires most adults to have health insurance. A similar requirement in President Barack Obama's health plan has been challenged by a group of states in the courts and the case is working its way through appeals.

The poll of 696 people found that 31 percent of individuals had had a healthcare provider reject their insurance plan and 23 percent were told a doctor was not taking any new patients.
The state health plan, launched under former Governor Mitt Romney, was given high marks for the range of services and the quality of care offered, according to the poll.

The program, Commonwealth Care, is targeted at low-income individuals earning up to $32,676 a year; families of four can qualify with earnings of up to $66,168 a year.
Premiums ranged from $10 to $151 a month, and only 17 percent of those surveyed said they had problems paying their medical bills.

The survey also found that individuals enrolled in Commonwealth Care used the emergency room at about the same rate as all other residents.

The survey was conducted from October 19 to November 30 and had a margin of error of 3.7 percent. It was released by the Massachusetts Health Connector, which helps individuals find insurance coverage.

A new survey of citizens in MA shows a majority satisfied with 'RomneyCare'. Looks like Romney will have a hard time dismissing the success of 'RomneyCare' when he tries to play that card against 'ObamaCare'.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A large majority of Massachusetts residents are satisfied with the commonwealth's subsidized health plan, which has components similar to the Obama administration's federal plan, according to a poll released on Thursday.

The poll by Market Decisions, a research and consulting group, found that 84 percent of residents are satisfied with the Massachusetts plan, which requires most adults to have health insurance. A similar requirement in President Barack Obama's health plan has been challenged by a group of states in the courts and the case is working its way through appeals.

The poll of 696 people found that 31 percent of individuals had had a healthcare provider reject their insurance plan and 23 percent were told a doctor was not taking any new patients.
The state health plan, launched under former Governor Mitt Romney, was given high marks for the range of services and the quality of care offered, according to the poll.

The program, Commonwealth Care, is targeted at low-income individuals earning up to $32,676 a year; families of four can qualify with earnings of up to $66,168 a year.
Premiums ranged from $10 to $151 a month, and only 17 percent of those surveyed said they had problems paying their medical bills.

The survey also found that individuals enrolled in Commonwealth Care used the emergency room at about the same rate as all other residents.

The survey was conducted from October 19 to November 30 and had a margin of error of 3.7 percent. It was released by the Massachusetts Health Connector, which helps individuals find insurance coverage.

I'm still waiting for my state to pay for it without borrowing money. Our debt is almost up to 80 billion as a state and is projected to rise billions for the forseeable future. Massachusetts state and local spending 2011 - Charts Tables History

My health coverage has personally increased 30% in cost since Romney Care was unveiled.

It hasn't done much good for me but if we can find the money to pay for it through cuts in other areas of spending I wouldn't be unhappy.

Last edited:
huffy puffy says it and regurgitates stuff.. it MUST be rock solid TRUTH :rolleyes:

The program is horrid and leaks money like a sieve.... it is unsustainable, not cost efficient to those in it, and is pretty much piss poor compared to what is offered in the free market

Yeah... it's a real winner :rolleyes:

One reason I did not and do not support Romney as a politician

God damn it...

Romney Care Failed

Get it through your thick head

I'm still waiting for my state to pay for it without borrowing money. Our debt is almost up to 80 billion as a state and is projected to rise billions for the forseeable future. Massachusetts state and local spending 2011 - Charts Tables History

My health coverage has personally increased 30% in cost since Romney Care was unveiled.

It hasn't done much good for me but if we can find the money to pay for it through cuts in other areas of spending I wouldn't be unhappy.

Sorry i confused my statistics. Our debt is actually 92 billion not 80 but still projected to rise billions due to RomneyCare. I was reading you the expendetures number not the debt number.

Forum List

Back