Poll: Majority of Republicans don't think Palin's qualified for prez

Alan Partridge

Not an Obamatron
Jul 14, 2009
Only 33 percent of Republicans questioned in a CBS News survey released Monday night say that Palin would have the ability to serve effectively as president. Last fall, 71 percent of registered Republicans felt that way.

"It's unclear whether the change in Republicans' view of Palin is the result of her decision to step down as governor, or whether the GOP rank-and-file felt they had to defend their party's vice-presidential nominee during the campaign but don't feel the same tug of party loyalty today," said CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "Either way, this is bad news for Palin, whose first task in 2012, if she runs for the White House, will be to convince Republican primary voters to support her."

from CNN.com's political ticker, sorry, I can't post the link until I've posted 15 times. :cuckoo:

it would be interesting to see Obama's republican approval compared to Palin's

The only problem is the republicans are supposed to like her.

and we conservatives certainly do not appreciate the liberal tax and spend President that we have now. Sarah is going to rile up conservatives, democrat, republicans and independents and whether she runs or not, the democratic congress is in deep on the 2010elections and the repubs will take that back. By the time Obama is finished trashing this country in four years you could run your local dog catcher, and the dog catcher would win.

Poll: Majority of Republicans don't think Palin's qualified for prez

But if their masters decide to put her up for election, most of them will vote for her anyway.

They'll look at the Dem candidate, hold their noses and vote R.

And the Dems mostly have the same sorry kind of choice, too.

The American voters delemma isn't going to go away between now and 2012, folks.

Last edited:
But if their masters decide to put her up for election, most of them will vote for her anyway.

They'll look at the Dem candidate, hold their noses and vote R.

And the Dems mostly have the same sorry kind of choice, too.

The American voters delemma isn't going to go away between now and 2012, folks.

This is a true response at least as far as it goes with me. I wouldn't vote for a Democrat on a bet. Take a look at what these clowns are doing in Washington. Obama, Pelosi, and all the others are doing a good job of running this country into the ground and they are just about there with it. Nothing Obama has done has made the situation, especially with unemployment, any better than it was before he was elected. He has flip flopped on just about every promise he made while running for President and he constantly puts America in a bad light on every overseas trip he makes. He's the worst President I have ever seen in my lifetime that currently is 58 years.

Now, about Sarah Palin. I had a great fondness for Sarah Palin. I thought she was bright, had somewhat of a clue as to what she was doing when it came to leadership, and was a fresh face as compared to all the other rift raft that you see in DC these days regardless of political party. I think she was a bit weak on foreign policy but so is Obama. I voted for her for V-President and to be honest, I think she would have made a better Presidential candidate that McCain. My opinion of her has changed a bit now because she stepped down from being the Governor of Alaska. She either has some really great plan in mind for the up-coming Presidential election which is going to have to be something extremely good or she has made a very foolish political mistake. I'm a bit gun shy about her at this point. Only time will tell why she really stepped down and it's something I can't second guess nor can anybody else. I still like her and I think she is a very dynamic personality but I'm not so sure about her political future anymore.

This proves that Palin doesn't stand a chance in hell. She's got the religious right and the right wing soccer moms and that's it.

She's more polarizing than Hillary. PERIOD!

But I hope they run her because it makes the GOP primaries a joke.

*shaking my head* Sarah Palin, I am at a complete loss as to why any Republican would support her as a candidate for National office. Let me say this, I had and do have issues with Obama's qualifications to be President based on his prior experience to entering the office, so why then would I as a Republican support someone who has the same little experience for national office as someone I clearly do not support. While I think it's rather dishonorable in some cases as to the way the national press has treated Sarah Palin as a candidate it still does not make up for her lack of experience on a national stage. There are MANY MANY republicans that are well spoken and have a vast amount of experience when it comes to national office. The more focus that is put upon people like Sarah Palin the less these qualified people have the ability to make their message heard. So I for one, wish Sarah Palin well, and hope that she finds herself a niche in private life and leaves the political stage to more qualified individuals.

Forum List

Back