Poll: Links to sites behind a paywall

Should links to pay sites be banned?

• Total voters

Muhammed

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2010
North Coast, USA
Lately, I've noticed that many USMB members here, especially some newer members, repeatedly start threads that link to websites that are behind a paywall. This used to happen only infrequently. This has been happening more and more lately and it's getting kinda irritating. It's making this board seem like a spam board itself.

A lot of people have been making arguments and then linking to paywalls to "support" their argument.

Out of curiosity, I thought I'd see what everyone thinks of this.

Lately, I've noticed that many USMB members here, especially some newer members, repeatedly start threads that link to websites that are behind a paywall. This used to happen only infrequently. This has been happening more and more lately and it's getting kinda irritating. It's making this board seem like a spam board itself.

A lot of people have been making arguments and then linking to paywalls to "support" their argument.

I'd say they shouldn't be banned, but if somebody makes some claim and use as support a site that requires registration (or more) then they haven't supported their claim at all.

Shrug. If it's a paysite, I just back out and do something else. If the subject is that interesting, chances are the article can be found elsewhere. If exclusive to the paysite, your choice. I haven't found that I need to pay for information.

Agreed, it doesn't help the poster's argument, of course.

th

For just one hundred US dollars we'll give you the answer to your question and access to areas of the USMB that you've previously been denied.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Limited time offer must eighteen years of age or older to apply.

Forum List

Back