Poll: Liberals. Tell Us How Obama Should Emulate Reagan

Liberals: How Should Obama Emulate Reagan?

• Be More Pro-America

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Be More Pro-Miltary

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Make Huge Tax Cuts That Cause Some Killer Disease to Quickly Spread

• Invade A Small Caribbean Nation

• Make Jokes About Bombing Russia or China

• Develop Alzheimers While In Office

• Get Friendly With Big Business

• Replace Biden With A Career CIA Guy

• Have His Own Iran Contra Style Scandal

• Something Else That I'll Explain In My Post

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
After years of excoriating the Gipper it seems you now need his help from beyond the grave. The FDR comparisons didn't work and neither did the Lincoln comparisons. An entire mass media dedicated to propping him up can't do it, so now, in a last ditch effort to prevent him from going down in history as Jimmy Carter II or Herbert Hoover II, you now seek to cast him as Ronald Reagan. I love it because it means you have to admit what a success Reagan was and I know it kills you just a little bit to have to do it. :lol:

Ok, so please tell us what accomplishments or attributes of Ronald Reagan you would like President Obama to emulate. Thanks!

Last edited:
He should emulate Reagan by pretending to be a vegetable.

Emulating Reagan is stupid.

He should emulate Reagan by pretending to be a vegetable. Emulating Reagan is stupid.
By his admitted past drug use and devotion to tele-prompters I'd say he's already there.

Should we call him the "Tele-Prompter Vegetable President"? Is that why his wife (who is as irritating as Nancy Reagan) pushes vegetables at school because she's married to one?

Obama ought to oversee the highest rise in social security taxes this nation has ever had, too.

The one thing that Reagan did that I did not object to was raising SS taxes to cover its costs.

Obama ought to modify the SS tax system to further stabilize it.

Obama ought to oversee the highest rise in social security taxes this nation has ever had, too.

The one thing that Reagan did that I did not object to was raising SS taxes to cover its costs.

Editec,
I perceive your position to be the one most commonly shared among liberals and progressives, that Reagan did a thing or two that was ok, but overall that he did more harm than good.

Regardless of how we each perceive Reagan's legacy, how does it make you feel about Obama that he is now trying to portray himself as similar, or at least striving to be more like Reagan? Doe sit give you more, less, or no different amount of faith in his ability to lead and represent the values of the left (or at least left of center)?

I'm not trying to start an argument here, honestly. I think I see the reality of what's going on, but I don't know how to empathize as I've never truly been in that position politically (that I can recall). I imagine it would make me angry at "my guy." Am I right, or wrong?

I meant to make this poll multiple choice one but I screwed it up. I've contacted a mod to try to change it. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

:redface:

Editec,
I perceive your position to be the one most commonly shared among liberals and progressives, that Reagan did a thing or two that was ok, but overall that he did more harm than good.

Regardless of how we each perceive Reagan's legacy, how does it make you feel about Obama that he is now trying to portray himself as similar, or at least striving to be more like Reagan? Doe sit give you more, less, or no different amount of faith in his ability to lead and represent the values of the left (or at least left of center)?

I'm not trying to start an argument here, honestly. I think I see the reality of what's going on, but I don't know how to empathize as I've never truly been in that position politically (that I can recall). I imagine it would make me angry at "my guy." Am I right, or wrong?
So far, Bary Obubblehead has been compared, by his slavish toadies in the lamestream media, to FDR, Kennedy, and now Reagan.

What better evidence do we need to show that our dilettante-in-chief has zero claim to being a standout on his own?

After years of excoriating the Gipper it seems you now need his help from beyond the grave. The FDR comparisons didn't work and neither did the Lincoln comparisons. An entire mass media dedicated to propping him up can't do it, so now, in a last ditch effort to prevent him from going down in history as Jimmy Carter II or Herbert Hoover II, you now seek to cast him as Ronald Reagan. I love it because it means you have to admit what a success Reagan was and I know it kills you just a little bit to have to do it. :lol:

Ok, so please tell us what accomplishments or attributes of Ronald Reagan you would like President Obama to emulate. Thanks!

There are two, I'd like to see;

First off, Reagan was adverse to international conflict. Sure there were some military actions his administration took, but they were short and sweet, had very narrow victory conditions and they were a sure thing. President Obama should follow this example. An open ended war in Afghanistan is terrible for our country.

Secondly, Reagan's warm personality translated well in some very real friendships with Foreign leaders. The collapse of the Soviet Union had more to do with Reagan's friendship with Gorbachev and less to do with sabre rattling.

That too.

Good point.

He needs to establish himself as the leader of the free world and show our enemies that they can't mess with us and get away with it. I'm going for "Invade a small Caribbean nation"

Maybe the Conch Republic? or does he even know where that is?

That too.

Good point.

Yeah he even screwed the pooch on SS though. He raised it too much and created a couple of trillion extra for our government to waste.

He needs to establish himself as the leader of the free world and show our enemies that they can't mess with us and get away with it. I'm going for "Invade a small Caribbean nation"

Maybe the Conch Republic? or does he even know where that is?

The invasion of Grenada was more for military morale and muscle flexing for the American people.

The rest of the world could have cared less.

Obama should NOT emulate Reagan. Reagan was not a good President not matter how much conservatives may have liked him. Obama is not a conservative and should not try to emulate one, especially a failed one. Obama needs to stop trying to emulate anyone, and needs to be HIMSELF. Obama has, so far, been a mostly unremarkable President and this is largely due to the fact that he hasn't grabbed the bull by the horns for longer than a few minutes. He needs to be OBAMA and let people dislike him for it, instead of people disliking him for being Reagan, or Bush, or Pelosi.

Obama should NOT emulate Reagan. Reagan was not a good President not matter how much conservatives may have liked him. Obama is not a conservative and should not try to emulate one, especially a failed one. Obama needs to stop trying to emulate anyone, and needs to be HIMSELF. Obama has, so far, been a mostly unremarkable President and this is largely due to the fact that he hasn't grabbed the bull by the horns for longer than a few minutes. He needs to be OBAMA and let people dislike him for it, instead of people disliking him for being Reagan, or Bush, or Pelosi.

Thanks Beavis.

Forum List

Back