[POLL] - Liberals, how much is a "fair share?" - Taxes

What's the "fair share?"

• Total voters
When asked how much a person should pay in taxes, those same people said "10%."

So much for your claim that people want anyone's taxes raised.

I think you just made that up.

However I think I once saw once how if the richest 20% just paid 5% more the bottom 80% would have to pay NO income taxes at all. (to stay revenue neutral). Doing that would greatly simplify the job of the IRS and make a lot of people very happy.

47% already pay no income taxes, and that has taught them that there is no cost to government. I think that's a bad lesson to teach people. Why shouldn't they all pay taxes?

Once again the liberal demonstrates beyond all doubt that he supports other people paying taxes, not himself.

Liberalism is hypocrisy made into an ideology.

the reason the number not paying INCOME taxes is so high is due to the poor economy.
The amount paid by the unwealthy in property taxes and sales taxes and other fees hurts them more so than the amount taken from the rich.

I take it you must be a liberal by those other statements.

I think you just made that up.

However I think I once saw once how if the richest 20% just paid 5% more the bottom 80% would have to pay NO income taxes at all. (to stay revenue neutral). Doing that would greatly simplify the job of the IRS and make a lot of people very happy.

47% already pay no income taxes, and that has taught them that there is no cost to government. I think that's a bad lesson to teach people. Why shouldn't they all pay taxes?

Once again the liberal demonstrates beyond all doubt that he supports other people paying taxes, not himself.

the reason the number not paying INCOME taxes is so high is due to the poor economy.
The amount paid by the unwealthy in property taxes and sales taxes and other fees hurts them more so than the amount taken from the rich.

The 47% has nothing to do with the economy, it has to do with the tax rates adopted during the Bush administration. Looting the rich also hurts the middle class because that money would be invested otherwise. Investment is how jobs are created. If the middle class is hurt by sales taxes, property taxes and other fees, then it should consider lowering those taxes and fees.

I find it interesting that you admit that taxes hurt the middle class.

The 47% has nothing to do with the economy, it has to do with the tax rates adopted during the Bush administration. Looting the rich also hurts the middle class because that money would be invested otherwise. Investment is how jobs are created. If the middle class is hurt by sales taxes, property taxes and other fees, then it should consider lowering those taxes and fees.

tax the rich more and the middle class would pay less, its simple math.

You so called "conservatives" (really liberals) can say out of one side of your mouth that taxes need to be cut, but on the other hand that we are piling up debt on our children. History has shown both partys have their government spending priorities and government spending stays fairly constant.....so taxes need to be at a rate to pay down debt.

that "investment" bullshit you keep spouting is getting old.....no one believes that anymore.

Last edited:

I'd like a straight answer from you.
If the Corporate Tax was eliminated, would any corporation be excused for off-shoring or firing Americans in order to hire business-visas?

(H1-B is only ONE category of many used to replace US citizens in various industries).

tax the rich more and the middle class would pay less, its simple math.

That's true, because you can't pay taxes when you are unemployed. What you have failed to explain is why the rich should be the only ones to pay taxes.

[You so called "conservatives" (really liberals) can say out of one side of your mouth that taxes need to be cut, but on the other hand that we are piling up debt on our children. History has shown both partys have their government spending priorities and government spending stays fairly constant.....so taxes need to be at a rate to pay down debt.

No, history hasn't shown that. Most of the spending boondoggles currently in force are Democrat social programs. Military spending once consumed 60% of the budget. It now consumes 18% of the budget, so you can't blame deficits on military spending. Welfare programs are the reason we have a deficit. That fact is irrefutable.

I also find it amusing that you can't imagine a solution that doesn't involve higher taxes. I couldn't give a damn about any of the programs the federal government spends money on. Cut them all.

[that "investment" bullshit you keep spouting is getting old.....no one believes that anymore.

Yeah, I know turds like you get tired of hearing about the laws of economics. Apparently you believe our economy can grow without investment. I'd like someone to explain how that works.

If the Corporate Tax was eliminated, would any corporation be excused for off-shoring or firing Americans in order to hire business-visas? However, Clinton is the one who opened up the flood gates for foreign workers.

(H1-B is only ONE category of many used to replace US citizens in various industries).

The two issues are entirely separate. That being said, I'm no fan of the H1-B program. I've been severely hurt by it. When I go to the office, I'm welcomed by a sea of brown faces.

If the Corporate Tax was eliminated, would any corporation be excused for off-shoring or firing Americans in order to hire business-visas? However, Clinton is the one who opened up the flood gates for foreign workers.

The two issues are entirely separate. That being said, I'm no fan of the H1-B program. I've been severely hurt by it. When I go to the office, I'm welcomed by a sea of brown faces.

You didn't answer the question.
This question addresses your opinion that all MNCs are pure as snow is white.

Where have I claimed that MNCs are pure as snow is white?

Where have I claimed that MNCs are pure as snow is white?

MNCs are a subset of businesses and you constantly claim that whatever businesses do is good.

Forum List

Back