Poll: Leftist candidate in France poised to beat conservative LePen in the second round

Ted Frazier

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2016
A new poll of the upcoming French elections is out. There are two rounds there, if a candidate doesn't win majority in the first round. Here are the results:

As in all other polls to date, Le Pen is seen losing the run-off, in this case with a vote score of 40 percent versus 60 percent for either Macron or Fillon, the poll showed.

Poll shows Macron advance in French presidential race

A 20% lead is very significant given that polls in the United States (Clinton vs. Trump) were off by only 1% in the popular vote: (Polls predicted a 3.2% popular vote victory for Hillary, who won by 2.1%).
This last paragraph prevents conservatives in this board from using the "Polls sucked in the US elections!" meme, thus making it impossible to pretend that LePen has a chance.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

The only alternative for conservatives replying to this thread is to say that Fillon will win by 19% instead of 20%. I'll take that!

Of course, conservatives in this board might resort to the lie that Trump actually won the popular vote because...fraud! But that meme died here: Chaffetz: House Oversight Committee won't look into voter fraud claims

In shorts, conservatives replying to this thread might as well not say anything unless they want to embarrass themselves.

What did she Win?

FFS why do people keep saying this

THe popular vote does not indicate she would win the election

Polls that mattered in places like Ohio, Pen, Michigan, and Florida had* Trump winning or within the margin of error. There is no such thing as a national poll that individually breaks down each state to give an accurate reading of the electoral college. You have to go state by state to the people who good statewide polling there. Gallup doesn't do it all or anyone else.

There were no relevant polls that said hillary had locked it up or was going to win. And what national polls did measure, popular vote, was very accurate.

Even MSNBC was calling it, here is Steve Kornacki explaining exactly what Trump* was gonna do half a year before he did it. Polls bared out he was in the runnign the whole time. This guy was saying it everyday on MSNBC...

The path to 'President Trump' turns GOP plan on its head

Last edited:
A new poll of the upcoming French elections is out. There are two rounds there, if a candidate doesn't win majority in the first round. Here are the results:

As in all other polls to date, Le Pen is seen losing the run-off, in this case with a vote score of 40 percent versus 60 percent for either Macron or Fillon, the poll showed.

Poll shows Macron advance in French presidential race

A 20% lead is very significant given that polls in the United States (Clinton vs. Trump) were off by only 1% in the popular vote: (Polls predicted a 3.2% popular vote victory for Hillary, who won by 2.1%).
This last paragraph prevents conservatives in this board from using the "Polls sucked in the US elections!" meme, thus making it impossible to pretend that LePen has a chance.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

The only alternative for conservatives replying to this thread is to say that Fillon will win by 19% instead of 20%. I'll take that!

Of course, conservatives in this board might resort to the lie that Trump actually won the popular vote because...fraud! But that meme died here: Chaffetz: House Oversight Committee won't look into voter fraud claims

In shorts, conservatives replying to this thread might as well not say anything unless they want to embarrass themselves.

In all likelihood France will vote in the leftist dunce, as they have been doing for so long. The French Presidential vote is strictly popular vote, and their globalist pro-Islamic progressives in power have made sure the floodgates have stayed open. The average French middle class person has little chance to prevail. It will be the leftist elites and Muslims celebrating on election night. Then we'll continue to see even more horrendous terror attacks in France. You progs will be delighted I am sure.

On the contrary …
As one of the very few actual Conservatives here … There are plenty of options regarding a response to your comments about the French Presidential race.

I think the most obvious response is rather simple.
You are so thrilled about the eminent success of the leftist candidate for president in France you have decided to inform us.
I am glad for you … I am a generally kind individual … And won’t mind one single bit assisting you with packing up all your belongings and helping you move.

Forum List

Back