POLL: Idea For a New House/Senate Bill

Would you support this idea?

• Yes, the govt officials should have to go into any system they create for the people

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No, they shouldn't have to go into the system they create

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I dont vote but im voting that i dont vote

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont have an opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Take the poll and if you want discuss the idea.

HR (USmessageBoard #1)

All members of the legislative, executive, and judicial branches must partake in any health care reform they propose and pass. This includes their staff.

If there is a public option all members of the government must enroll and become part of the public plan.

This is to ensure that the government makes it a quality health plan that provides good care for all Americans.

What do you guys think?

HR (USmessageBoard #1)

All members of the legislative, executive, and judicial branches must partake in any health care reform they propose and pass. This includes their staff.

If there is a public option all members of the government must enroll and become part of the public plan.

This is to ensure that the government makes it a quality health plan that provides good care for all Americans.

What do you guys think?

Why would they need to? Their incomes 'allow' them to have decent health care. I too work for the Federal Government and I don't mind paying a little more in taxes if it helps any family, or any human being recieve decent care. Who would pay the extra tax if you put people in a higher income into the same bracket as those who don't make the same amount of money? I have a good health care and so does my daughter. That's not the case for millions of others in America though.

A public option is supposedly for people who cannot afford decent insurance. Congressmen can.

Doug

You are right and this is why I say we force congress to use the public option, not becasue they can't afford insurance otherwise but because it will make sure they make the public option good instead of screwing over the poor who would end up on it.

HR (USmessageBoard #1)

What do you guys think?

Why would they need to? Their incomes 'allow' them to have decent health care. I too work for the Federal Government and I don't mind paying a little more in taxes if it helps any family, or any human being recieve decent care. Who would pay the extra tax if you put people in a higher income into the same bracket as those who don't make the same amount of money? I have a good health care and so does my daughter. That's not the case for millions of others in America though.

I dont trust the government to provide a decent plan for the poor, they dont donate and have no real political pull. By putting the elite congress onto the public option plan it would ensure they make the plan top notch.

Last edited:
A public option is supposedly for people who cannot afford decent insurance. Congressmen can.

Doug

You are right and this is why I say we force congress to use the public option, not becasue they can't afford insurance otherwise but because it will make sure they make the public option good instead of screwing over the poor who would end up on it.

HR (USmessageBoard #1)

What do you guys think?

I dont trust the government to provide a decent plan for the poor, they dont donate and have no real political pull. By putting the elite congress onto the public option plan it would ensure they make the plan top notch.

Why would we do this? The public option should be the LAST option anyone looks at? If you make it a "Cadillac" plan, there is no incentive to better yourself and come off of the public option.

HR (USmessageBoard #1)

What do you guys think?

The first provision (that federal employees must enter into the exchange) is something I could agree to. In fact, it wouldn't be much of a difference for most of them.
The second provision I could not. There is no reason why the choices of federal employees should be limited.

Doug

Why would we do this? The public option should be the LAST option anyone looks at? If you make it a "Cadillac" plan, there is no incentive to better yourself and come off of the public option.

pretty good point

Forum List

Back