Poll: Huckabee, Gingrich, Palin or Pawlenty?

Sarah Palin believes in Witchcraft. She gets spells of protection woven around her by a visionary witchdoctor. Perhaps those magical spells would shield America from bad things?

Yea, I think she would make a thoughtful and intelligent president.

Huckabee believes the earth is only a few thousand years old and we were "shimmered" into being from dirt by an invisible spirit who had to "rest" after creating 400 billion TRILLION visible stars. Odd that. That the same magical spirit made so many dead worlds. Were they mistakes?

Yea, I think he would make a thoughtful and intelligent president.

And President Obama believes in that same "magical spirit" and that same book.

What about Ron? Honestly, why does the GOP keep overlooking him? None of those candidates have the slightest chance at beating Obama in 2012, don't kid yourselves. Ron Paul can win all the votes of the morons that vote straight ticket repub, steal some left of center voters form Obama and very possibly some more hardcore Dems. Sure, the more religious Republican voters may not agree with him, but do most of them really pay attention to the real issues anyway? They will vote for him just because he is Republican. Ron Paul is the only chance at a Republican White House in 2012, these other guys are just future forgottens. IMO

If I had to choose from this list, though, I pick Huckabee. He is a stand up guy. he may not be a genius, and I think he isn't smart enough to run the country, but hey, neither are any of the others. Maybe Gingrich. I just love the guys personality.

Last edited:
Jeb Bush

Only republican who can steal the election for 2012

Of the choices given, I'd have to go with Pawlenty. I think Romney would be a better choice though but between any of them and Obama - right now - I'd go with Obama

There is any interesting discussion going on over at Mitt Romney Central; the poll posted there proposes the following hypothetical:

Romney does not run in 2012. There are four candidates who have composed formal campaigns to win the GOP nomination – Huckabee, Palin, Gingrich, and Pawlenty. You are standing in the booth, ballot in hand. Who do you cast it for? Sorry no write-ins here. (Of course this poll is aimed at Romney supporters, but if you are not among them feel free to vote up your candidate.)

I wanted to see what y'all thought about this hypothetical... please reply with sound reasons why or why not a particular candidate would be good or bad for a run against Obama in 2012 (2011) :razz:

Hucabee = Obama victory
Palin = Obama Victory
Gingrich = Closer race
Pawlenty = Likely Obama victory.

Gingrich is the only 1 of the 4 with a chance, if the media will forgive him for things in his past like they have with other presidents...i mean canidates.

Pilgrim - I have to disagree with your assessment of Gingrich's chances. Way too many negatives associated with him. Pawlenty is the only one who is new enough to the national scene to NOT have huge negatives. He could basically create his own image among the vast majority of voters. Gingrich is damaged goods.

None of them really jump out at me. But then im skeptical of most politicians right now.

Huckabee believes the earth is only a few thousand years old and we were "shimmered" into being from dirt by an invisible spirit who had to "rest" after creating 400 billion TRILLION visible stars. Odd that. That the same magical spirit made so many dead worlds. Were they mistakes?

Yea, I think he would make a thoughtful and intelligent president.

Id rather have a guy who believes the earth is a few thousand years old and competent, then someone who believes the popular scientific theory and is a total moron, like our current President.

Hard to say.. because who I could/would choose now would not be necessarily who I would choose in 2012... things happen, environments change, etc... IMHO if it WERE now though.. I would have to choose between Pawlenty and Gignrich with this group of 4

What about Ron? Honestly, why does the GOP keep overlooking him? None of those candidates have the slightest chance at beating Obama in 2012, don't kid yourselves. Ron Paul can win all the votes of the morons that vote straight ticket repub, steal some left of center voters form Obama and very possibly some more hardcore Dems. Sure, the more religious Republican voters may not agree with him, but do most of them really pay attention to the real issues anyway? They will vote for him just because he is Republican. Ron Paul is the only chance at a Republican White House in 2012, these other guys are just future forgottens. IMO

If I had to choose from this list, though, I pick Huckabee. He is a stand up guy. he may not be a genius, and I think he isn't smart enough to run the country, but hey, neither are any of the others. Maybe Gingrich. I just love the guys personality.

Ron Paul couldnt even win a state last year, and while he does have some decent ideas, i think you place much too much faith in him.

Ron Paul couldnt even win a state last year, and while he does have some decent ideas, i think you place much too much faith in him.

And for every supposed good idea he has, he has many more nutjob stances and bullshit beliefs.... IMHO he is literally on the lunatic fringe

And for every supposed good idea he has, he has many more nutjob stances and bullshit beliefs.... IMHO he is literally on the lunatic fringe
Agreed.
My Favorite Martian er, I mean Ron Paul would be a disaster.
His idea of closing overseas military bases is as asinine as it gets. And would only lead to complete chaos.

Agreed.
His idea of closing overseas military bases is as asinine as it gets. And would only lead to complete chaos.

Really? So you would agree that a US occupation of Spain and Germany is a good idea? Ever talked to people in the military that get stationed at these places? They are over there partying their butts off. They admit themselves there is no reason to be in these countries. We are wasting money putting up bases in countries that offer no threat to the US. THAT is why Ron Paul wants to pull out of Countries like those in Europe. Because he cares what happens to our tax dollars. Not very asinine to me. He isn't for pulling out of the middle east immediately, but he does know that it is completely impossible to win that "war". History and common sense will tell you the same thing. Ask Russia. How silly he is for wanting to hold the government accountable for freely printing money and spending worthless dollars where THEY choose. Yea what a real nutjob. Oh and he believes in securing our borders and doing what he can to bring jobs back to America. Gosh he is insane someone stop him now!!!:cuckoo:

A somewhat Conservative successful businessman is exactly what this nation needs at this point.

Actually, another corporatist stooge is exactly what we DON'T need. Didn't you numbnuts get enough of that with Shrubs 1&2 and Raygun? Didn't work out too well for the rest of us, did it? You guys never learn...

Wouldn't you say he couldn't win a state though because he isn't the poster child for the RNC? And he doesn't have big money behind him. The GOP is not the biggest fan of Ron Paul, so why would they try to help him win the nomination, when they have such great right wingers like Romney that can be manipulated like a puppet? Most people don't know who Ron Paul even is because he can't get help from the right. Doesn't make him stupid or a bad choice. It makes him an underdog in a world where what color your flag is, is more important than what you are fighting for.

Agreed.

Really? So you would agree that a US occupation of Spain and Germany is a good idea? Ever talked to people in the military that get stationed at these places? They are over there partying their butts off. They admit themselves there is no reason to be in these countries. We are wasting money putting up bases in countries that offer no threat to the US. THAT is why Ron Paul wants to pull out of Countries like those in Europe. Because he cares what happens to our tax dollars. Not very asinine to me. He isn't for pulling out of the middle east immediately, but he does know that it is completely impossible to win that "war". History and common sense will tell you the same thing. Ask Russia. How silly he is for wanting to hold the government accountable for freely printing money and spending worthless dollars where THEY choose. Yea what a real nutjob. Oh and he believes in securing our borders and doing what he can to bring jobs back to America. Gosh he is insane someone stop him now!!!:cuckoo:
Do you see my avatar?
Believe me, I know far more about what the "military that get stationed at these places" think, than you do.
And you say that having bases in foreign countries is tantamount to a "US OCCUPATION"?
LMAO!
And you wonder why Paul could get very little support?
Try looking in the mirror. Or at the very least, read what you post.

Wouldn't you say he couldn't win a state though because he isn't the poster child for the RNC? And he doesn't have big money behind him. The GOP is not the biggest fan of Ron Paul, so why would they try to help him win the nomination, when they have such great right wingers like Romney that can be manipulated like a puppet? Most people don't know who Ron Paul even is because he can't get help from the right. Doesn't make him stupid or a bad choice. It makes him an underdog in a world where what color your flag is, is more important than what you are fighting for.

No, I say he couldnt win a state because he didn't win a state. Huckabee didnt have big money behind him. He had some ground support in a few states and won.

In fact, what candidate did get money from the GOP? And if Ron cant get support from the right, what chance in hell does he have of winning? Do you even listen to yourself? "Ron Paul is the only one who could have united all people to beat Obama." and "Ron just lost because the right won't support him." I mean can you get more blatantly wrong?

Now saying that, he still ranked higher on my list than both McCain and Huckabee. I didnt like either of them.

Forum List

Back