Poll How many people still think Ryan plan is to destroy Medicare?

Wyden-Ryan Medicare plan will only apply to what age and younger?

• Anyone who is retired now will have Medicare destroyed..

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Anyone over 65 will be affected

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • only applies to Americans younger than 55 years of age,

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • I really don't understand the question

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Liberal Trope:
“Ryan wants to destroy Medicare.”

By now the details of the Wyden-Ryan Medicare plan are well known. Avik Roy explains:

the Wyden-Ryan Medicare plan—so named because it was coauthored by progressive Sen. Ron Wyden (D., Ore.) —
only applies to Americans younger than 55 years of age, and
gives those younger individuals the option of remaining in the traditional Medicare program,
or choosing a comparable private-sector insurance plan.

The policy-wonk term for this approach is “competitive bidding,” an idea that originated with Democrats. The Wyden-Ryan plan is nearly identical to one that was introduced a few weeks earlier by Mitt Romney.

Five liberal tropes Ryan can eviscerate - Right Turn - The Washington Post

Liberal Trope:

By now the details of the Wyden-Ryan Medicare plan are well known. Avik Roy explains:

the Wyden-Ryan Medicare plan—so named because it was coauthored by progressive Sen. Ron Wyden (D., Ore.) —
gives those younger individuals the option of remaining in the traditional Medicare program,

The policy-wonk term for this approach is “competitive bidding,” an idea that originated with Democrats. The Wyden-Ryan plan is nearly identical to one that was introduced a few weeks earlier by Mitt Romney.

Yes. Competitive bidding..... Which will leave companies unable to afford coverage for anyone who actually needs it.

Shill

ryan-med-condition.jpg

No, I do not believe the lying Democrats.

If you're over 55, you have nothing to fear with Ryan's plan.

If you're under 55, you have MUCH to fear with Dems who want no changes.

Liberal Trope:

Not me. :eusa_hand:I believe he will destory those, who are 55 and under that will be so lucky to be under his Medicare voucher plan. "Only applies to those under 55"? Hell thats all my children. So he will spare me and destory my children and I am suppose to thank him and give him a blessing? FY and Ryan. :mad:

There will be no "traditional" medicare plan under Ryan plan. It is vouchers are none at all. You are confused with Obamacare and the medicare voucher plan.

Last edited:
Liberal Trope:

Yes. Competitive bidding..... Which will leave companies unable to afford coverage for anyone who actually needs it.

Shill

Why would competitive "bidding" leave companies to ???
Makes no sense! Companies will NOT be buying coverage???
This is NOT employee insurance! It is very simple much like Medicare Advantage plans in existence NOW... Over 600 companies (one covers me..) have bid with Medicare to provide Medicare services most at a monthly payment to the company of $800.00.
And it works like a charm for all concerned.
for example how much fraud do you think is present in Medicare Advantage plans that Medicare pays for? ZERO! Because the MA is responsible for services. Medicare pays a flat rate and that's it!!!

Liberal Trope:

Shill

Why would competitive "bidding" leave companies to ???
Makes no sense! Companies will NOT be buying coverage???
This is NOT employee insurance! It is very simple much like Medicare Advantage plans in existence NOW... Over 600 companies (one covers me..) have bid with Medicare to provide Medicare services most at a monthly payment to the company of $800.00.
And it works like a charm for all concerned.
for example how much fraud do you think is present in Medicare Advantage plans that Medicare pays for? ZERO! Because the MA is responsible for services. Medicare pays a flat rate and that's it!!!

She is Willfully Ignorant on the Subject. Don't bother trying to make her actually look at the facts, Libs say it's going to Destroy Medicare, so in her mind it has to be true.

There's a good reason why Medicare was created - b/c no private insurance company would ever insure that risk pool

Ayn Ryan is smart enough to realize that. Posters here? Apparently not.

Liberal Trope:

Not me. :eusa_hand:I believe he will destory those, who are 55 and under that will be so lucky to be under his Medicare voucher plan. "Only applies to those under 55"? Hell thats all my children. So he will spare me and destory my children and I am suppose to thank him and give him a blessing? FY and Ryan. :mad:

There will be no "traditional" medicare plan under Ryan plan. It is vouchers are none at all. You are confused with Obamacare and the medicare voucher plan.

lol You act is if the Plan does nothing for people under 55. Pathetic. and Dishonest.

There will absolutely be a Traditional Medicare Option on the Ryan plan. Thanks for proving you never read it.

Liberal Trope:

lol You act is if the Plan does nothing for people under 55. Pathetic. and Dishonest.

There will absolutely be a Traditional Medicare Option on the Ryan plan. Thanks for proving you never read it.

And the choice will be in our hands not the government's.

Wyden sounds stoked about the Ryan budget.

"This man said I'm going to find Democrats to work with. He found a Democrat to co-lead a piece of legislation," Romney said as he introduced Ryan on Saturday, referring to the Medicare proposal.

Wyden shot back, saying Romney was "talking nonsense" and exaggerating the Medicare plan.

"Bipartisanship requires that you not make up the facts. I did not 'co-lead a piece of legislation,' " Wyden told the Oregonian. "I wrote a policy paper on options for Medicare. Several months after the paper came out I spoke and voted against the Medicare provisions in the Ryan budget. Governor Romney needs to learn you don't protect seniors by makings things up, and his comments today sure won't help promote real bipartisanship.”

But I guess that won't stop them from dropping his name and implying he supports Ryan's budget.

Shit for brains democrats and their offspring deserve the medicare and social security crumbs these clueless beggars defend.....................

Let these scumbags enjoy their pitiful handouts and let the rest opt out for something better...........

Liberal Trope:

fine, keep it like it is. That way, they will have nothing.

Great plan. FY, voting against you own children. How despicable.

Forum List

Back