CDZ POLL: How do you want your representatives to vote?

How do you want your elected representatives to vote?

• I want to elect them and have them vote their own conscience

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • I want them to vote based on what most of their constituents want

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • I want them to provide free mangos to all

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
The Kavanaugh circus got me wondering this morning about what we expect from our elected representatives.

Do you want to elect the person who best represents you, and allow them to follow their conscience?

Or, do you want the person you elect vote based on how YOU feel about the issues?

How should these "leaders" lead?
If the person I vote for has a history of keeping taxes lower, cutting wasteful public spending, and looks down on somebody raising taxes on his grandmother, I can be pretty certain his conscience is reliable, and yes, I would vote for such a person provided he attends church regularly and supports his family with his all.

If the person I vote for has a history of keeping taxes lower, cutting wasteful public spending, and looks down on somebody raising taxes on his grandmother, I can be pretty certain his conscience is reliable, and yes, I would vote for such a person provided he attends church regularly and supports his family with his all
The reality is , they'll lower taxes for the 1%, while appearing to lower the rest of our taxes via throwing us a bone
9-16-16tax-f2.png

While raising the national debt.....
history.gif

They'll also institute every method of corporate welfare , which comes in many forms , while targeting welfare queens
c84b2179d96c6a98c435d3c49c16ef5b.jpg

All while apearing 'good christians', yet bowing to this countries evangalsitis extreemists
beck-main-e1302190402969.jpg

Until s/he is seen as uncompatible by his/her Congressional peers , which is when they'll foist some sexual proclivity into the media meatgrinder, and <poof> they're history
woman-shocked-exhibitionism.jpg

~S~

Takes to long to get opinions on a lot of stuff. And opinions change based on the amount of information available to explain the position. I vote for the person I feel is likely to believe mostly what I believe and to vote accordingly.
Yeah, and my assumption is that that's the point of a representative system. It does mean that, once in a while, that representative may go in a different direction, and that's when the term "voting my conscience" is usually heard.

So we can't expect a representative to always vote our way, even when we vote for them.

If the person I vote for has a history of keeping taxes lower, cutting wasteful public spending, and looks down on somebody raising taxes on his grandmother, I can be pretty certain his conscience is reliable, and yes, I would vote for such a person provided he attends church regularly and supports his family with his all
The reality is , they'll lower taxes for the 1%, while appearing to lower the rest of our taxes via throwing us a bone
9-16-16tax-f2.png

While raising the national debt.....
history.gif

They'll also institute every method of corporate welfare , which comes in many forms , while targeting welfare queens
c84b2179d96c6a98c435d3c49c16ef5b.jpg

All while apearing 'good christians', yet bowing to this countries evangalsitis extreemists
beck-main-e1302190402969.jpg

Until s/he is seen as uncompatible by his/her Congressional peers , which is when they'll foist some sexual proclivity into the media meatgrinder, and <poof> they're history
woman-shocked-exhibitionism.jpg

~S~

This just in!!!!

Tax cuts go to ONLY those who pay taxes.

Democrats outrages!

Film at 11~

Sadly, I cannot vote fully. In my "utopia" a rep. would be able to vote based on their conscience, AND the will of the majority of their constituents, as the two are aligned (at least in the vast majority of cases). Unfortunately, in dealing with the seriously flawed creatures known as humans, this is all but impossible. That said, I expect that MY reps. vote based on their conscience, coupled with the will of the majority of constituents (to the best of their ability), with a heavy dose of Constitutionalism. I have yet to find such a candidate, let alone elected person. This, too, is nearly impossible, when Parties have power outside of the actual election. George Washington warned us of this in his farewell address. Sadly, it is no longer taught, or widely remembered:

"The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty."

" It serves always to distract the Public Councils, and enfeeble the Public Administration. It agitates the Community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms; kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passions. Thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another."

" There is an opinion, that parties in free countries are useful checks upon the administration of the Government, and serve to keep alive the spirit of Liberty. This within certain limits is probably true; and in Governments of a Monarchical cast, Patriotism may look with indulgence, if not with favor, upon the spirit of party. But in those of the popular character, in Governments purely elective, it is a spirit not to be encouraged. From their natural tendency, it is certain there will always be enough of that spirit for every salutary purpose. And, there being constant danger of excess, the effort ought to be, by force of public opinion, to mitigate and assuage it. A fire not to be quenched, it demands a uniform vigilance to prevent its bursting into a flame, lest, instead of warming, it should consume."

Any of this sound familiar?

The Kavanaugh circus got me wondering this morning about what we expect from our elected representatives.

Do you want to elect the person who best represents you, and allow them to follow their conscience?

Or, do you want the person you elect vote based on how YOU feel about the issues?

We elect them to be our REPRESENTATIVES and should expect them to express the will and views of those who put them in office.

We elect them to be our REPRESENTATIVES and should expect them to express the will and views of those who put them in office.
But how do they do that? They can't take a poll for every vote.

But how do they do that? They can't take a poll for every vote.

They pay attention to what their people say in town hall meetings and via their mail.

Forum List

Back