Poll: GOP image goes from bad to worse

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
More bad news.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – The Republican Party has hit a new low.

Just 34 percent of Americans in a Gallup Poll released Thursday say they have a favorable view of the party, down 40 percent from a month ago, before the election.

What’s worse: 61 percent of Americans have an unfavorable view of the Republican Party.

According to Gallup, that unfavorable rating is the highest the polling organization has recorded for the GOP since the measure was established in 1992.

The poll of national adults was conducted on November 13-16 with a three percent margin of error.

The numbers are slightly up from a CNN poll released last week that indicated a 54 percent unfavorable rating for Republicans. Only 38 percent of those polled had a favorable rating for the party.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Poll: GOP image goes from bad to worse « - Blogs from CNN.com

That's because their ideas suck. And still they talk the most and the loudest. I love talking to my Republican friends at work now.

Bush and the Tom Delay GOP from 2000-2006 only stuck the knife into America's back. Since they lost control in 2006, they've attempted to twist the knife. Just look at how the banks are holding us hostage and how Bush robbed us of $700 billion right before he leaves.

The GOP's last bad move will be to obstruct loaning the Big 3 the money they need.

The GOP are bitter and angry that they are not in control. And they'll take the whole country/world down with them.

I can't wait until next year.

lol bush robbed us of 700 billion, when it was the dems that voted it through primarily

lol bush robbed us of 700 billion, when it was the dems that voted it through primarily

How about this?

Front page article in the Washington Post today, calling attention to a highly questionable aspect of the $750 billion bailout plan: A Quiet Windfall For U.S. Banks.

We learn from WaPo that the Treasury Department slipped through a $140 billion tax windfall to US banks — in theory repealing 1986 legislation, passed by Congress and signed by President Reagan.

The likely illegal change was aggressively lobbied for by banking officials, who sought to take advantage of the market turmoil and credit crisis.This is an ongoing issue we have witnessed in every prior bailout: Opportunism knows no sense of decency.

Did we tell Bush and the Treasury Department to slip this in?

Really, Americans like you need to wake up fast or there won't be an America. It might be called America, but we might as well be Mexico or Canada. What makes you any better than a Canadian or English or Australian worker? NOTHING!!! Anymore.

Umm why didn't Congress actually read the fucking plan and catch on to this? I mean that is their job right?

How about this Andrew?

A critical - and radical - component of the bailout package proposed by the Bush administration has thus far failed to garner the serious attention of anyone in the press. Section 8 (which ironically reminds one of the popular name of the portion of the 1937 Housing Act that paved the way for subsidized affordable housing ) of this legislation is just a single sentence of thirty-two words, but it represents a significant consolidation of power and an abdication of oversight authority that's so flat-out astounding that it ought to set one's hair on fire. It reads, in its entirety:

Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency.

Dirty Secret Of The Bailout: Thirty-Two Words That None Dare Utter

You still defending the rich and powerful Andrew? Amazing!!!

Yes, it is true, the banks and the Big 3 need to be bailed out from Bushanomics. Yes, the Dems signed it Andrew, which by the way is the gayest name in the world.

The banks don't actually need the money. It's just the biggest bank robbery ever. Just like the Unions can shut down a company, the banks can shut down an entire economy if we don't give in to their demands ANDREW. So yes, it is a must. If we don't, they'll shut us down.

And the Big 3 need some money to buy them some time. Nothing will be fixed until Bush leaves office. And guys like Ted Stevens. He sure as hell isn't going to help fix the problems that he created. Not unless you give him $250k worth of shit of course.

They did read the bailout, the Bush admin performed a

bait and switch.

how's come yer side ain't smart enough to see that coming?? I mean come on man,,, George the chimp been doing ya that way for nigh onto 8 years :lol::lol:

lol

Andrew is the gayest name ever? Wow, whats your name toughguy? Far as I know Andrew is one of the most popular name for boys, also means "man, warrior"

Whats your name? I know most people call you douchebag but I can't imagine that being your name.

o and guess what regardless of how small of a phrase it was

"Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency." ARE PRETTY FUCKING POWERFUL WORDS.

If no Lawyer or Senator, or Senator's aid picked that up, shame on them. Then they didn't read the fucking document an dwhat business are they voting on something they didn't read and fully underfuckingstand.

Buy them time for what? They ahve no fucking plan that is the problem with the big 3. That is why your left leaning check writing congress today stalled till Dec 2nd, cause the big 3 didn't have anything to back up their claims they will be fine with the bailout.

how's come yer side ain't smart enough to see that coming?? I mean come on man,,, George the chimp been doing ya that way for nigh onto 8 years :lol::lol:

Well last I checked their were no mind readers in congress.

Also I find it hilarious that you continue to support Bush and

his failed policies, I guess some people are still to dim to figure it out.

Well last I checked their were no mind readers in congress.

Also I find it hilarious that you continue to support Bush and

his failed policies, I guess some people are still to dim to figure it out.

he's smarter than the whoe buncha Democrats on the hill, he puts it over on em left right and center.. a chimp.... :lol::lol::lol:

i dont see either paty having a very good image at this point....we are just in a stall....like an airplane...the stall alarm has gone off..

That's because their ideas suck. And still they talk the most and the loudest. I love talking to my Republican friends at work now.

Bush and the Tom Delay GOP from 2000-2006 only stuck the knife into America's back. Since they lost control in 2006, they've attempted to twist the knife. Just look at how the banks are holding us hostage and how Bush robbed us of $700 billion right before he leaves.

The GOP's last bad move will be to obstruct loaning the Big 3 the money they need.

The GOP are bitter and angry that they are not in control. And they'll take the whole country/world down with them.

I can't wait until next year.

Bush robbed us out of $700 billion. You are right. And our President-Elect voted to make it happen. You can combine the presidential contestants "McBama voted with Bush". Even 2/3 of Democrats. Even 1/3 of Republicans. I wish the majority in Congress were man of their words and tell us, fool us once ("Iraq!"). Fool us twice ("Bailout"). Let's hope there isn't a trifecta.

Last edited:
Umm why didn't Congress actually read the fucking plan and catch on to this? I mean that is their job right?

You know, or maybe you don't, that none of them read every line/word/page. Someone does and eventually this stuff gets caught, and then the Dems fix it if possible.

We only have another couple months of your leader fucking up America, and then we'll be able to do many things. One thing being cut in half the $750 billion dollar bailout.

Notice Bush and the GOP don't want the Big 3 bailout to come from the $750? They want that money ALLLLL for the bankers.

This is inside information, so don't tell anyone :eusa_shhh: but next year we're going to undo everything the GOP did. That $750 billion bailout is going to dramatically be altered. And big time regulations are going to be put into place. And all of Bush's signing statements are going to be voided.

I bet it kills you. Because secretly, you root for the people who are ruining America. I can tell. You hope the Big 3 fail. Just like you said we were hoping for defeat in Iraq. We weren't, but you sure are. Asshole.

You know, or maybe you don't, that none of them read every line/word/page. Someone does and eventually this stuff gets caught, and then the Dems fix it if possible.

We only have another couple months of your leader fucking up America, and then we'll be able to do many things. One thing being cut in half the $750 billion dollar bailout.

Notice Bush and the GOP don't want the Big 3 bailout to come from the $750? They want that money ALLLLL for the bankers.

This is inside information, so don't tell anyone :eusa_shhh: but next year we're going to undo everything the GOP did. That $750 billion bailout is going to dramatically be altered. And big time regulations are going to be put into place. And all of Bush's signing statements are going to be voided.

I bet it kills you. Because secretly, you root for the people who are ruining America. I can tell. You hope the Big 3 fail. Just like you said we were hoping for defeat in Iraq. We weren't, but you sure are. Asshole.

The Big Three is a bigger failure than Iraq. That's why it can't fail. Now i see why you are devoted into it. Despite Iraq being such a failure (you seem to be okay with Saddam torturing the Iraqi people), the Big Three may join Iraq in infamy.

Last edited:

I'm sure Clinton probably snuck a few by yer side too. He knew how to get er done. He got er did. You just hate Americans that work hard, achieve and love God.

Bush is a very sneaky prick.

How come yer side aint smart enough to not vote for Bush a second time?

YEah I want the big 3 to fail and yet I own a GM vehicle.

God you get dumber by the minute.

of course they didn't want the 750 to go to automakers, the big 3 weren't invovledin the planning to come up with the 750 billion dollar number.

Also,

I know the senators don't read shit of these bills, the lawyers and aids do. Well how the fuck don't they catch a pretty powerful statement as that one. They obviously didn't read it and just voted yes on it so they could have the government get stake in private industry....the democrats dream

The Big Three is a bigger failure than Iraq. That's why it can't fail. Now i see why you are devoted into it. Despite Iraq being such a failure (you seem to be okay with Saddam torturing the Iraqi people), the Big Three may join Iraq in infamy.

You are a baffoon.

Check out these headlines before Lord Bush stole the 2000 election.

You said America was fine when Bush was ruining it. Once it was obvious America was broken, you said it was Clinton. Thank God your opinion means nothing. All you get is one vote in the 2010 midterms. Other than that, your opinion means shit.

Checks for 1998 to average $6,100, 39% more than last year's

NEW YORK (CNNfn) - Some 160,000 of Ford Motor Co.'s U.S. employees have cause for celebration Thursday after the company's president said they'll receive record profit-sharing checks for 1998.
Ford president Jacques Nasser says eligible U.S. employees will get an average $6,100 when the checks are distributed March 3. That's 39 percent more than the previous record $4,400 passed out to employees for 1997.
"We earned several coveted profitability and quality awards, as well as top safety ratings," Nasser says. "Our efforts paid off in enhanced shareholder value."
Ford (F) has been paying profit sharing under terms of a 1982 contract agreement with the United Auto Workers. There have been 13 payments since the first one in 1984 to reflect 1983 results. Payments were skipped in the lean years from 1990 to 1992.

If you don't understand the GOP from 2000-2006 ruined the economy by driving manufacturing overseas, I feel very sorry for you. If you don't realize that NAFTA is flawed, then you are blind idiot. It's only a matter of time before it affects you. Don't come fucking crying to us then you dumb bitch.

Ford profit share a record - Jan. 21, 1999

Last edited:

Forum List

Back