Poll For Conservatives:

Do you think Gays should be allowed to marry?

• Yes

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
i dont believe any one should have the power to ALLOW OR DISALLOW marriage. ABOLISH THE MARRIAGE LICENSE. Government is the problem.

So how do you deal with divorce, child custody, and property division?
People say they want gov't out of marriage, but when marriages break up the first thing anyone does is run to the court system.

court system is fine, but i don't believe the government should award tax bonuses / increases to married folks which, lets be honest, is what its really about.

i dont believe any one should have the power to ALLOW OR DISALLOW marriage. ABOLISH THE MARRIAGE LICENSE. Government is the problem.

People say they want gov't out of marriage, but when marriages break up the first thing anyone does is run to the court system.

court system is fine, but i don't believe the government should award tax bonuses / increases to married folks which, lets be honest, is what its really about.

OK. Let's say you have a man who is living with three women. He has children with two of them. One of them moved in 12 months ago but she appears to be his favorite. They are all married. He dies intestate.
Is a court really going to figure out what goes to whom in a situation like that? Yet courts will be expected to do more than say "you created this mess, you deal with it."
And there is more to marriage benefit than taxes.

OK. Let's say you have a man who is living with three women. He has children with two of them. One of them moved in 12 months ago but she appears to be his favorite. They are all married. He dies intestate.
Is a court really going to figure out what goes to whom in a situation like that? Yet courts will be expected to do more than say "you created this mess, you deal with it."

2/3 for the kids 1/3 for the spouses

there's a real challenge :lol:

That's hardly fair. One of them was only there 12 months. The other two 15 years.
No no, you'll have to do better than that, Solomon.

That's hardly fair. One of them was only there 12 months. The other two 15 years.

you want fair, go looking for tents and cotton candy machines.

of course, this has nothing to do with the topic, but wtf, right?

what does the sheep, of course there's a sheep in any of your scenarios, get?

As I've suspected:

Del is living with several sheep.

sheep+man.gif

As I've suspected:

sheep+man.gif

shhh, the goats get jealous
:eusa_hand:

Are you for or against gay marriage.

This is a yes or no question. This relates to another thread whereby Dive and Charles believe 'some' conservatives are against it as opposed to most/majority are.

I submit that the majority are...

Are what?

I'm not against it b/c to me it's a right to marry whoever you want as long as they are old enough to consent, of the proper mind to consent, and actually can consent.

Both parties must freely and willfully marry.

Simple. The state issues CIVIL UNION CONTRACTS, churches issue marriage certificates. problem solved.

Simple. The state issues CIVIL UNION CONTRACTS, churches issue marriage certificates. problem solved.

I'm not sure what the difference is, but OK.

Homosexuality is only socially unexceptiable to bigots....

Meh...you gotta poll that shows that the majority of Americans believe Queerness is a good thing, bring it on.

Otherwise, your opinion is as good as mine.

From Gallup:

2cqlvqnybuikm7dz4jllsg.gif

wimbbj7q20-s2tjrw6yznw.gif

Americans' Acceptance of Gay Relations Crosses 50% Threshold

Not surprising at all...As Most Americans find out that they have gay friends and relatives...it's very hard to think of us as deserving of 2nd class citizenship.

What I would like to see is the poll results from when Moses came down from the mountain. I mean that's all that really matters, right?

Meh...you gotta poll that shows that the majority of Americans believe Queerness is a good thing, bring it on.

Otherwise, your opinion is as good as mine.

com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/wimbbj7q20-s2tjrw6yznw.gif[/IMG]

Not surprising at all...As Most Americans find out that they have gay friends and relatives...it's very hard to think of us as deserving of 2nd class citizenship.

Except you don't want first class citizenship. You want rights no one else has.

com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/wimbbj7q20-s2tjrw6yznw.gif[/IMG]

OK, name one of those rights I want that no one else has.

The extension of marital rights to people of the same sex. I don't have that right. Why should you?

The extension of marital rights to people of the same sex. I don't have that right. Why should you?

You DO realize that if I get that right, you will have that right too. Whether you choose to exercise that right or not would be up to you.

Surely you can do better than that. Try again.

You DO realize that if I get that right, you will have that right too. Whether you choose to exercise that right or not would be up to you.

Surely you can do better than that. Try again.

nope, that's pretty much all he has. i don't get it, but i don't worry about it either.

As I've suspected:

sheep+man.gif

shhh, the goats get jealous
:eusa_hand:

This is for all the sheep lovers out there...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6ZzBh9ezZo[/ame]

• Thanks
Reactions: del
as any:

Montana Rancher and a sheep walk into the bedroom where his wife, hair up in curlers, is watchin' reruns of Desperate Houswives on the Lifetime Channel.

She looks at him and says, "What the hell you doin?"

Montana Rancher says, "This is the cow I gotta fuck whenever you won't give it to me."

Wife says, "You dumb-ass, that's a sheep!"

Montana Rancher says, "Stupid bitch, I was talkin' to the sheep."

Forum List

Back