Poll for Christians

What is the biggest day of the year for Christians?

• Christmas

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Easter

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Good Friday

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Mac's Birthday

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Mango

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
So you are saying that Julius Caesar wrote about things he heard about and that is your proof?

Julius wrote about things he did. Like conquering Gaul.

And we know he conquered Gaul because there's historical evidence it came under Roman Rule.

As opposed to Jesus, where there's no evidence at all he actually walked on water.

So you are saying that Julius Caesar wrote about things he heard about and that is your proof?

Julius wrote about things he did. Like conquering Gaul.

And we know he conquered Gaul because there's historical evidence it came under Roman Rule.

As opposed to Jesus, where there's no evidence at all he actually walked on water.
He didn't conquer Gaul, dumbass. Soldiers did. He didn't fight the battle. He wasn't even there. By your logic the only accounts that should be considered are eye witness accounts written by the witness. That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Good luck unlearning 99% of what you know because that is exactly what you will need to do.

As for you recognition that you know Julius Caesar conquered Gaul because it came under rule of Rome, the exact same thing exists for Christianity. The account of Christ did not die because it was revibved, it did not die because it was true and spreading.

As for you recognition that you know Julius Caesar conquered Gaul because it came under rule of Rome, the exact same thing exists for Christianity. The account of Christ did not die because it was revibved, it did not die because it was true and spreading.

Yeah, somehow a story with Zombies in it isn't one I'd take terribly seriously.

Not sure what "revibved" means, but the reason why you have a Jesus myth is Rome needed one. Religious pluralism wasn't working for them. So they picked one obscure cult to be the state religion, then changed it to meet their needs...

Yeah, somehow a story with Zombies in it isn't one I'd take terribly seriously.

Not sure what "revibved" means, but the reason why you have a Jesus myth is Rome needed one. Religious pluralism wasn't working for them. So they picked one obscure cult to be the state religion, then changed it to meet their needs...
And yet the impact of this "zombie" still has you arguing over Him 2000 years later. Not bad for a convicted criminal whose ministry only lasted 3 1/2 years and was put to death by the superpower of the day. What have you done?

And yet the impact of this "zombie" still has you arguing over Him 2000 years later. Not bad for a convicted criminal whose ministry only lasted 3 1/2 years and was put to death by the superpower of the day.
What have you done?

It's more what I haven't done.

I haven't started an organization that collaborated with the Nazis, encouraged the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade, supported dictatorships around the world, hid pedophile priests who molested children, encouraged crusades, inquisitions, witch-burning, the suppression of science, the destruction of knowledge and information. Nor have I ever extorted money out of poor people every week in order to build huge ego palaces to myself, like the Church does.

If the Zombie ever existed, I don't think he'd be very proud of these things.

And yet the impact of this "zombie" still has you arguing over Him 2000 years later. Not bad for a convicted criminal whose ministry only lasted 3 1/2 years and was put to death by the superpower of the day.
What have you done?

It's more what I haven't done.

I haven't started an organization that collaborated with the Nazis, encouraged the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade, supported dictatorships around the world, hid pedophile priests who molested children, encouraged crusades, inquisitions, witch-burning, the suppression of science, the destruction of knowledge and information. Nor have I ever extorted money out of poor people every week in order to build huge ego palaces to myself, like the Church does.

If the Zombie ever existed, I don't think he'd be very proud of these things.
If you want to blame Christianity for the bad things then you will have to give it credit for the good. Otherwise you will only see half of the picture. But you seem like the ax grinding type to me so I doubt you can be objective.

If you want to blame Christianity for the bad things then you will have to give it credit for the good.

Religion hasn't done anything good in the whole of human history, not once, not even by accident.

The Dark Ages were the first Faith Based Initiative.
Religion creates wonderful charities and organizations.

Charities that only are needed because they support the inequality of wealth that exists to start with. Or in some cases cause it. Or is it any coincidence that the most dirt poor countries in the world are often the ones that are predominately Catholic?

As the late, great Christopher Hitchens observed, "Mother Theresa isn't a friend to the poor, she's a friend to poverty."

Charities that only are needed because they support the inequality of wealth that exists to start with. Or in some cases cause it. Or is it any coincidence that the most dirt poor countries in the world are often the ones that are predominately Catholic?

As the late, great Christopher Hitchens observed, "Mother Theresa isn't a friend to the poor, she's a friend to poverty."
You blame inequality of wealth on religion?

Religious persons and institutions are usually the first source of literacy, education, and healthcare in the poorer regions of the world.

I think they do a lot to support it, yes. "Just go along with it in life, because in the afterlife, you'll get puppies and sunshine!"

That's a long wait for a train that never comes.

Religious persons and institutions are usually the first source of literacy, education, and healthcare in the poorer regions of the world.

Religious people are usually the stupidest, most backwards people in the world, more likely to kill you over bullshit than anyone else.

I think they do a lot to support it, yes. "Just go along with it in life, because in the afterlife, you'll get puppies and sunshine!"

That's a long wait for a train that never comes.

Religious people are usually the stupidest, most backwards people in the world, more likely to kill you over bullshit than anyone else.
How does religion go along with it, Joey?

Do you have any statistics which support your belief that "Religious people are usually the stupidest, most backwards people in the world, more likely to kill you over bullshit than anyone else?"

Do you have any statistics which support your belief that "Religious people are usually the stupidest, most backwards people in the world, more likely to kill you over bullshit than anyone else?"

Again, Crusades, inquisitions, witch-burnings, "Gott Mit Uns" on the Belt buckles of the Nazis when they carried out the holocaust.

Again, Crusades, inquisitions, witch-burnings, "Gott Mit Uns" on the Belt buckles of the Nazis when they carried out the holocaust.
Gee, Joey, that seems like quite a long time ago. Do you have anything in your lifetime?

Gee, Joey, that seems like quite a long time ago. Do you have anything in your lifetime?

The Iraq War, where God Told Bush to kill 500,000 people over weapons that didn't exist.

That's okay, God doesn't exist either.
Religion did that, Joey? I stubbed my toe today, Joey, was religion to blame for that too?

Religion did that, Joey? I stubbed my toe today, Joey, was religion to blame for that too?

Maybe if Bush had relied on facts instead of superstition to get through life, he would have listened to sensible people who told him invading Iraq was a bad idea.

But Jesus told him to invade Iraq, and he did.
Jo Jo, I think there must be some underlying reason for your rationalizations. Something you have taken personally and blame religion for.

Forum List

Back