Poll Finds Tea Party Backers Wealthier and More Educated

They do not want a third party and say they usually or almost always vote Republican. The percentage holding a favorable opinion of former President George W. Bush, at 57 percent, almost exactly matches the percentage in the general public that holds an unfavorable view of him.

I think that fact right there does more to hurt their credibility than anything else.

Have you ever thought about the "working class" working for the wealthy and became wealthy? I bet that didn't enter your mind at all.

There's a difference between wealthy and rich.

If someone else signs your paycheck, you're not wealthy. You might be rich, but not wealthy.

Wealth is something you can't lose. Rich, on the other hand, can be lost through any number of bad decisions.

Anyone or any corporation can lose it's wealth, Mr. Clean.
Having said that, about wealthy.....who takes the risk with the investment of their money? Certainly not the working class that works for the wealthy. It's the wealthy that take the risk, and in doing so they do hire people, which is a risk, also. With their success comes hiring of more people. In the end, it's a win-win if it's done right.
Don't be a hater of the wealthy.

Mr. Dirt is one of these cretins that think corporations exist to give people Jobs...just because. And the workers can take the corporations down for whatever 'violation' they can come up with.

Mr. Dirt is an enemy to a free society based upon Capitalism. Maybe he's waiting for a job given to him courtesy of Obama whom means to take it all over via Government fiat?

Tea Party supporters are wealthier and more well-educated than the general public, and are no more or less afraid of falling into a lower socioeconomic class, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll.
Video Why I Joined the Tea Party
.Related
How the Poll Was Conducted (April 15, 2010)
The 18 percent of Americans who identify themselves as Tea Party supporters tend to be Republican, white, male, married and older than 45.

They hold more conservative views on a range of issues than Republicans generally. They are also more likely to describe themselves as “very conservative” and President Obama as “very liberal.”

And while most Republicans say they are “dissatisfied” with Washington, Tea Party supporters are more likely to classify themselves as “angry.”

Poll Finds Tea Party Backers Wealthier and More Educated - NYTimes.com

Told you they were nothing but sore-loser bush-ites. :lol:

From the article:

They do not want a third party and say they usually or almost always vote Republican. The percentage holding a favorable opinion of former President George W. Bush, at 57 percent, almost exactly matches the percentage in the general public that holds an unfavorable view of him.

hypocrites:

But in follow-up interviews, Tea Party supporters said they did not want to cut Medicare or Social Security — the biggest domestic programs, suggesting instead a focus on “waste.”

Some defended being on Social Security while fighting big government by saying that since they had paid into the system, they deserved the benefits.

Others could not explain the contradiction.

“That’s a conundrum, isn’t it?” asked Jodine White, 62, of Rocklin, Calif. “I don’t know what to say. Maybe I don’t want smaller government. I guess I want smaller government and my Social Security.” She added, “I didn’t look at it from the perspective of losing things I need. I think I’ve changed my mind.”
Whoooooopppssssssss!!!

Some defended being on Social Security while fighting big government by saying that since they had paid into the system, they deserved the benefits.

“That’s a conundrum, isn’t it?” asked Jodine White, 62, of Rocklin, Calif. “I don’t know what to say. Maybe I don’t want smaller government. I guess I want smaller government and my Social Security.” She added, “I didn’t look at it from the perspective of losing things I need. I think I’ve changed my mind.”
:lol:

Contradiction?

Conundrum?

Has anyone from the NYT offered to reimburse Ms. White for the taxes she paid to medicare and SSI with interest?

I'd be happy to take mine and hide it in an off-shore account. Can I opt out now?:cool:

These people are illogical. They want diametrically opposite things. No government could deliver what they are asking for.

With all due respect....Are you stupid, or what?

I go with "or what".

Stupid is white people screaming that the black president has raised their taxes when he didn't. Stupid is Tea Baggers complaining about government handouts, but can only attend the rallies because they are on disability, SS and have Medicare and have no job.

There, I'm glad I was able to clear that up. Righty Whiteys can go back to drooling. Commercials over. SpongeBob is back on.

You did clear that one up rdean. You are a stupid racist, thanks for clearing it up for all of us

Well, at least I don't draw a Hitler stache on the faces of Tea Baggers or spend time putting together pictures of the White House surrounded by watermelons.

Teabaggers are screaming about Obama raising their taxes and he hasn't. They are screaming about government take over health care, which hasn't happened. The are screaming about government handouts when many receive SS and Medicare. And they carry racists signs.

Funny, call me racist and I just laugh. Call a racist a racist and they go nuts, even while carrying a sign that says the "N" word, but mispelled. Dumb ass White Wingers.

I go with "or what".

Stupid is white people screaming that the black president has raised their taxes when he didn't. Stupid is Tea Baggers complaining about government handouts, but can only attend the rallies because they are on disability, SS and have Medicare and have no job.

There, I'm glad I was able to clear that up. Righty Whiteys can go back to drooling. Commercials over. SpongeBob is back on.

You did clear that one up rdean. You are a stupid racist, thanks for clearing it up for all of us

Well, at least I don't draw a Hitler stache on the faces of Tea Baggers or spend time putting together pictures of the White House surrounded by watermelons.

Teabaggers are screaming about Obama raising their taxes and he hasn't. They are screaming about government take over health care, which hasn't happened. The are screaming about government handouts when many receive SS and Medicare. And they carry racists signs.

Funny, call me racist and I just laugh. Call a racist a racist and they go nuts, even while carrying a sign that says the "N" word, but mispelled. Dumb ass White Wingers.

No...you just drew Hitler mustaches on Bush and surround the White House with forged documents from Dan Rather's CBS.

I go with "or what".

Well, you have proven you are a racist.

Are you saying that I draw "Hitler stache's", part of the Tea Party, carrying a sign with the "N" word?
For that matter, please show a post where I have ever said one thing racist about anyone....if you can't then you should STFU.

These people are illogical. They want diametrically opposite things. No government could deliver what they are asking for.

I call shenanigans.

What the Tea Partiers want is to adhere to The Constitution's protection of Individual Rights and the concept of Limited Government.

Please explain how these are diametrically opposed and how no government could "deliver".

When you play the Race Card, you admit that you've lost the argument.

But in follow-up interviews, Tea Party supporters said they did not want to cut Medicare or Social Security — the biggest domestic programs, suggesting instead a focus on “waste.”

The most intellectually fraudulent argument politicians make is that they are going to "cut waste" without ever defining what that is. The affect is for people who receive money from the government to believe that what they get is justified and unthreatened while others who are living off the government are wasteful and abusive.

Tea Party supporters are wealthier and more well-educated than the general public, and are no more or less afraid of falling into a lower socioeconomic class, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll.
.Related
The 18 percent of Americans who identify themselves as Tea Party supporters tend to be Republican, white, male, married and older than 45.

They hold more conservative views on a range of issues than Republicans generally. They are also more likely to describe themselves as “very conservative” and President Obama as “very liberal.”

And while most Republicans say they are “dissatisfied” with Washington, Tea Party supporters are more likely to classify themselves as “angry.”

From the article:

hypocrites:

Why didn't Obama pay at least 39% of this year's income? He thinks the really rich should be paying at least that. He didn't, he paid what is required this year.

That lady was mistaken that accepting SSI is a conundrum. It's not, nor is it hypocrisy. She did pay in for all these years, she was and is playing by the rules of today. Just like Obama and paying his taxes.

.Related

From the article:

hypocrites:

Why didn't Obama pay at least 39% of this year's income? He thinks the really rich should be paying at least that. He didn't, he paid what is required this year.

That lady was mistaken that accepting SSI is a conundrum. It's not, nor is it hypocrisy. She did pay in for all these years, she was and is playing by the rules of today. Just like Obama and paying his taxes.

Can a sitting president just give money away to the government? You white wingnuts would have a field day with that.

From the article:

hypocrites:

Can a sitting president just give money away to the government? You white wingnuts would have a field day with that.

Yes, so can you rdean. Just send a check and a note. US treasury wants donations to pay off national debt (Includes interview)

Forum List

Back