Poll finds rebound in Bush approval numbers

red states rule

May 30, 2006
I wonder why this is happening? Progress in Iraq? A growing economy? Low interest rates? Near full emoployment?

As Bush's rating go up - the Dems numbers go down

Poll finds rebound in Bush approval

By Jill Lawrence and Susan Page, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON — Amid falling gas prices and a two-week drive to highlight his administration's efforts to fight terrorism, President Bush's approval rating has risen to 44% in a new USA TODAY/Gallup Poll. That's his highest rating in a year.
The poll also showed likely voters evenly divided between Democratic and Republican candidates for Congress, 48%-48%. Among registered voters, Democrats had a 51%-42% advantage.

The results come seven weeks before closely contested elections for control of Congress. Republicans have struggled to overcome problems, including Bush's low ratings, continuing violence in Iraq and the bungled response to Hurricane Katrina.

They also come as terrorism is making headlines: an alleged plot to blow up planes headed from Britain to the USA, the fifth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, and weeks of focus by Bush and other top Republicans on terrorism and whether Democrats can protect the country.

The new findings reflect "a consistent, persistent, tenacious effort to make ... the Republican Party's ability to deal with terrorism the No. 1 issue in the campaign," said political scientist Richard Eichenberg of Tufts University, who has studied presidential job ratings during wartime. He called it "a carbon copy" of the successful 2004 playbook.

Bush's approval rating has edged up largely on the strength of Republicans coming back to the fold — 86% with him now compared with 70% in May.

Scott Reed, a Republican strategist who ran Bob Dole's 1996 presidential campaign, said GOP fortunes have turned since Labor Day: "This has been the best two weeks Republicans have had since Bush was re-elected."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-09-18-bush-poll_x.htm

Well, what else can you expect I guess, from a self proclaimed "Hardcore Conservative" who supports Bush and Giuliani.

He's obviously already proven himself to be clueless, this is just another testament.

LOL

What a moron. Do you think he intentionally lies?

No, I actually happen to think he unintentionally lies, which in some ways, could actually be worse.

He couldn't possibly have thought no one would notice that. Also notice, that since he posted it, he hasn't made a peep. I'm almost embarrassed FOR him.

I didn't make an assertion Nancy, Jillian did. Now don't let mommy and daddy catch you on the internet, little girl.

Go do your own research. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You don't back up your shit, you don't have a right to ask anyone else to back up theirs.

I didn't make an assertion Nancy, Jillian did. Now don't let mommy and daddy catch you on the internet, little girl.

Oh...you mean like you asserted that I had been attacking Bush for his military service since before the 2000 election?

And you never had explained how someone who you claim is a 12 year old girl in 2007 could have been attacking Bush thusly when she was in kindergarten.

Any chance of an explanation for that, "gunny"? :rofl:

Oh...you mean like you asserted that I had been attacking Bush for his military service since before the 2000 election?

And you never had explained how someone who you claim is a 12 year old girl in 2007 could have been attacking Bush thusly when she was in kindergarten.

Any chance of an explanation for that, "gunny"? :rofl:

Poor Nancy, she is so broken up by being called out as the little girl she is. Go cry to Daddy, maybe you can get him to talk to me.

Poor Nancy, she is so broken up by being called out as the little girl she is. Go cry to Daddy, maybe you can get him to talk to me.

my Dad died in March... but thanks for the sentiment.

And trust me, I am hardly broken up about anything. I just like to shine the light on cowardice when I get the chance... and the longer you run away from it, the more I'll shine it. chickenshit.

my Dad died in March... but thanks for the sentiment.

And trust me, I am hardly broken up about anything. I just like to shine the light on cowardice when I get the chance... and the longer you run away from it, the more I'll shine it. chickenshit.

Being such a steller member of this community Nancy, why should I believe anything you say? The only coward here is you, I have offered to provide to a third party absolute proof of who I am and you won't do the same. I wonder why that is?

Ohh yes I remember, cause the board moderator here, is according to you, a dangerous serial killer determined to hunt down and murder your family.

It is simple Nancy, stop making ignorant claims and I will stop pointing out your cowardly character assassination attempts.

Once again, for the slow. I can and will provide my DD214 as soon as you agree to provide yours. The only coward here is you Nancy.

Being such a steller member of this community Nancy, why should I believe anything you say? The only coward here is you, I have offered to provide to a third party absolute proof of who I am and you won't do the same. I wonder why that is?

Ohh yes I remember, cause the board moderator here, is according to you, a dangerous serial killer determined to hunt down and murder your family.

It is simple Nancy, stop making ignorant claims and I will stop pointing out your cowardly character assassination attempts.

Once again, for the slow. I can and will provide my DD214 as soon as you agree to provide yours. The only coward here is you Nancy.

I feel like Frank Barone, the father from Everybody Loves Raymond, wrote this.

Forum List

Back