Poll: FDR # 1 President

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Siena poll names FDR as America?s best president - The Record News: Serving Troy and its surrounding communities (Troyrecord.com)

Excerpts:
FDR leads the pack for the fifth time since the survey’s 1982 inception, followed in order by Theodore Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. That top five has remained consistent throughout each of the five times the study has been performed, with only minor shuffling among their rankings.

There was also little movement among the bottom five presidents, though George W. Bush joined their ranks at number 39, dropping from his initial 23 ranking in 2002’s poll. At number 43, Andrew Johnson has been named our worst president for the second time in a row, followed by James Buchanan, Warren G. Harding, Franklin Pierce and Bush.

Barack Obama entered the list at number 15,
Other recent presidents’ rankings include Bill Clinton at number 13, who moved up from the 18th slot in 2002, and George H.W. Bush holding steady at 22. Reagan dropped from 16 to 18.

Siena poll names FDR as America?s best president - The Record News: Serving Troy and its surrounding communities (Troyrecord.com)

Excerpts:
FDR leads the pack for the fifth time since the survey’s 1982 inception, followed in order by Theodore Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. That top five has remained consistent throughout each of the five times the study has been performed, with only minor shuffling among their rankings.

There was also little movement among the bottom five presidents, though George W. Bush joined their ranks at number 39, dropping from his initial 23 ranking in 2002’s poll. At number 43, Andrew Johnson has been named our worst president for the second time in a row, followed by James Buchanan, Warren G. Harding, Franklin Pierce and Bush.

Barack Obama entered the list at number 15,
Other recent presidents’ rankings include Bill Clinton at number 13, who moved up from the 18th slot in 2002, and George H.W. Bush holding steady at 22. Reagan dropped from 16 to 18.

My guess: the younger Bush and Reagan will continue to drop while the elder Bush will continue to gain in the future.

Good to know my choices are right up there at the top. It will be interesting to see this same poll in about 20 -30 years.

FDR was a fascist piece of garbage.

BarbedWire.jpg

It's always amusing to watch people who are comfortable criticize FDR. You won't meet many people who lived through the depression and World War II who feel that way.

Like it or not, all Presidents are products of their time. FDR was the right man at the right time to lead America through two major crisis's.

Had it not been for Vietnam, I'd choose LBJ. No other president did more for civil rights.

That is true.

Had it not been for the holocaust, that whole Second World war emboglio, and the final destruction of Germany, Hitler might have been remembered as the father of the modern highway, too.

But I'll grant LBJ an honorable mention for at least electing to not run for a second term.

And then we sort of have take it all away again, for his making way for NiXXon.

Had it not been for Vietnam, I'd choose LBJ. No other president did more for civil rights.

LOL, he did what he did in hopes of votes, he did not believe in Civil Rights.
LBJ knew he's lose the South for years and he was right. Almost all Southern Democrats [Dixiecrats] switched to the GOP because of civil rights.

Last edited:
It's always amusing to watch people who are comfortable criticize FDR. You won't meet many people who lived through the depression and World War II who feel that way.

Like it or not, all Presidents are products of their time. FDR was the right man at the right time to lead America through two major crisis's.
My grandparents did and detested FDR....His idiotic ag policies chased them off their farm.

You may be right. For the record, Reagan was no better and no more deserving of idolization.

I'm not getting into which president was better.

This thread was started with the intention to sling shit. Nothing more.
Then shouldn't we contribute to the thread in the spirit of shit-slinging?

Nah.

I only sling shit when it's funny, or when a serious conversation devolves into it.

The OP is slinging shit right off the bat, and to just to sling it.

My grandparents did and detested FDR....His idiotic ag policies chased them off their farm.
Most Southern Democrats turned against FDR too. They even said that Eleanor was part black, because she defended civil rights.

New Topics

Forum List

Back